CR - Summer - I'm Scared!

Miles04

Earning My Ears
We are scheduled to stay at CR in June in a garden standard room. I have heard so many bad things about this resort's garden view rooms I am starting to have second thoughts but not only about the hotel choice but about going in June. I have only been to WDW in the summer in the 1970's and I'm not concerned about the heat as much as the crowds. I have been to WDW several times but we always go during Thanksgiving week and we never have trouble with crowds (our last trip was Thanksgiving of 2000). Usually we don't have to wait more than an hour to ride anything. Are the summer crowds kinda like the crowds for Thanksgiving or are they worst? I'm really getting nervous. I'm thinking about cancelling and rescheduling for Thanksgiving. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please, take everyone's opinions with a grain of salt. I find that a lot of people tend to take a dislike (or like) to a particular resorts theming, and that that influence their opinion.

Every single WDW resort is going to have people who had wonderful stays and those that had miserable stays. You just need to research, research, research. Really look at what people are posting. I will not name any names, but I find there are posters here who's posts I'll never believe, and others, who I find have similar taste to myself and who's opinions I value.

We had a wonderful stay in our North Garden wing. I especially liked curling up in my jammies while my then 2.5 yr slept, and watched the fireworks from our window. I felt just like WDW was putting on a private show for me!

If your room is not "right" when you check-in, don't be afraid to let the CM's know. They will do whatever they can to fix the problem!

Enjoy your stay!! You'll be at the happiest place on earth!

I love the Contemporary and if given the choice would stay no where else. I have stayed in the tower and both wings. While the tower is special I almost prefer the North Wing, it is close to the MK walkway, close to the food and fun center and a short walk to the pool. We have never had the experience that some describe here about the wing rooms and I definitely think they are worth it.

As to June crowds I have only been once in June and it was a weekend and the only thing I recall as beeing crowded was Fantasyland. It didn't really bother me though and I usually go at Thanksgiving.

If you don't think Thanksgiving crowds are too bad then June will be a piece of cake. Crowds will be some bit less than Thanksgiving, although the weather wil be hotter. However you will have a nice cool, quiet room to come back to in a terrific location...I would be really looking forward to the trip.

I have not stayed in the wings, but the CR is my favorite resort....just find out where the best spot in the wings is and request it....lots of people here could give suggestions. The rooms are huge, the resort is terrific and the location can't be beat.

Have a terrific trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter