CPAP and White Noise Machines

aurora22

Earning My Ears
My husband use a CPAP machine. I have already contacted the cruise line and distilled water and an extension cord will be waiting for us in our stateroom. My question is I can not sleep with his CPAP machine on WITHOUT a noise machine. The one I use is small and ruins of a basic AC/DC adapter. Will this be allowed on board? When I asked they said I needed to contact an electrical engineer once on board to get it approved? This seemed weird to me as it is literally no more powerful than charging my phone. Has anyone successfully brought a white noise machine on board?

Thanks!

I just use an app on my phone if I need "white noise" (rare though as it is more disturbing to me than just the environment).

I take a white noise machine on all trips with me.
Never had a problem.
Just back from 3 cruises and it was fine.

I take a white noise machine on all trips with me.
Never had a problem.
Just back from 3 cruises and it was fine.

Same^^^^. About 6 years ago my SIL and I both had the exact same sound machines packed in our checked luggage. She had a note in her cabin saying they had taken it out to inspect it. She just had to go to guest services to get it. She was able to use it. They didn't take mine for inspection. I've taken the same one on 4 cruises since then and never had a problem(last cruise was earlier this year)

I am a very light sleeper so always use white noise. I use an app on my phone.

in addition to phone apps

there are MANY battery operated white noise machines .... just google or search amazon or head to walmart.

personally I find the noise of wind water engines and ventilation to be 'white noise' enough!

If I put a white noise machine into the bag I am going to carry onto the ship, will they still take it out and send it somewhere for inspection? I’d like not to have to go retrieve things from guest services. Same question for my CPAP— if it’s my carry-on luggage, I can keep it with me? I’d be okay (though inconvenienced) by someone taking my white noise machine, but I wouldn’t be comfortable letting someone take my CPAP where there’s a chance it could be misplaced. I’m much more comfortable keeping it in my own possession.

I've brought my white noise machine (a plug-in one) on all my DCL cruises and have never had anyone question it, look at it weird in the X-rays, etc. I certainly wouldn't seek out the engineers to ask for their approval, either.

My son sleeps with a white noise machine so we brought it last time we sailed. It had to be taken and inspected but then was delivered to our room before the first evening. It was no issue. I believe this just became a new policy. We sailed this January.

We've brought one of these on our two cruises:
88606_1000x1000.jpg

https://www.hammacher.com/product/a...jT3HoJsHxULjvq8QbKaZny3GTjbMywmMaAjSJEALw_wcB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter