CP Dinner Pkg date Pushed Back

lvs_eeyore

<font color=deeppink>Has a silly grin & it's Disne
I just spoke with WDWTC and they told me that the release date for the CP Dinner Pkgs has been pushed back. The reason for this is that they are trying to nail down the speaker schedules before they release the packages. This way when you reserve you will know who your speaker is or you can then choose who you want to see by changing your dates if your ressies for the hotel or vacation are not set in stone. He did not give me a release date for this though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting to see if they need to have 3 shows per night. They may end up cutting back to 2 again for some nights like last year. They may be taking time to reconsider this. The hotels appear to have plenty of empty rooms, so attendance will probably be down. Just speculating....

I can understand that they are worried about the attendance - however, this just makes me more impatient to get it all set in stone! I am totally a person who likes their ducks in a row and this waiting is just killing me. I have been having such fun making my other PS...I know it sounds strange...but getting the CP done would be great!

I just wish things could be finalized soon so I don't have to virtually live onthe boards. Not that I don't like it here ;)

By your countdown counter, you are going a couple of days before me (we're arriving Dec 6). I wouldn't worry about getting the reservation you want, they don't go that fast for early in the month. We did it in 2000 and people were making same day reservations when we picked up our tickets in the morning (I think it was a Tuesday night). I know how you feel, I was planning to call too for Sunday Dec 8. It would be nice to see the speaker list first, although you can always change your reservation up to 48 hours before. That list usually doesn't come out until October and it gets changed around often. I just have the feeling they are using that as an excuse for the delay, I can't imagine them waiting until October when they could be collecting money now.

We arrive December 4 and I want to do the CP on December 6th. I really don't care who the speaker is. The only way I am prepared to change my date is if while i am there I can see Sean Connery, Patrick Stewart or James Earl Jones. For any of them ,I would change my plans!;) My in-laws are coming with us for their very first trip to WDW. This might be their only trip as MIL has an incurable cancer. She has had treatments that should keep her cancer at bay for a few years, but at this time there is no cure. So Iwant to have everything all set for her and FIL to just come along for the ride and enjoy! I have been planning this trip since before she was went thru her treatments so I am at the end of a very long road and alas, my patience is very thin and was never very good to begin with.

I know that speakers change, and I can deal with it. I just wish we could get a goin' so I wouldn't gnash my teeth in frustration.

Originally posted by zulaya
.....The only way I am prepared to change my date is if while i am there I can see Sean Connery, Patrick Stewart or James Earl Jones. For any of them ,I would change my plans!;) .....

Oh, I think I agree with you! Do you think there's any chance at all??? If I thought it'd make a difference I'd write my first fan letter ever AND pester Disney via email. LOL! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I know for a fact that James Earl Jones has done CP in the past. I believe Patrick Stewart did also but Im not completely sure on that and I dont know if Sean Connery has ever done it.

I am not holding my breath to see any of them, but if by some chance one of them is there when I can go, I would definitely make plans for it.

Till then, I guess we are just stuck waiting...

Guess I was asleep last night, definitely this am. I missed this posting and got up early and called (see post above). I wasn't given any reason for the delay, just told it wasn't coming out yet. (I even checked this board before I called, duh!) I am with all of you. I want to get as many details taken care of as I can(before school starts; I'm a teacher and only have 5 free days left, yikes)
I also want Christmas Eve and know that will be a popular time. Well, everyone keep us posted!!

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter