CP 201_: a thread for college program hopefuls who have to wait a few years.

wdwislife

DIS Veteran
Is it weird that I'm already planning my CP even though college is still 2 years away for me? :)
Anyone else looking forward to a CP a couple years in the future?
Fall 2013 (first semester of sophomore year) here I come! Haha.

no, it's not that unusual. lol

I have to wait 'till spring 2011, but i'm going to be working on it little by little 'till then.

I practically have to jump through hoops to get my school's support. fun!

haha =]
:eek: today was my first of many meetings with my advisor. boo.

I don't think its strange. I started looking at the website when I was in high school. And I met with my advisor during my freshman year of college to discuss it.:wizard:

I probably will do Fall '13 too!

yay! glad to se someone else planning ahead.
I'm already so excited! haha.
and my friend who did a CP last year was telling me about how much he loved it, which only made me want to do one more!

yay! glad to se someone else planning ahead.
I'm already so excited! haha.
and my friend who did a CP last year was telling me about how much he loved it, which only made me want to do one more!

Same. I feel like it will be even better when our time comes with the extension of fantaysland and what not...

o geez me for sure. i have been wanting this since my freshman year of
HS and now that im a senior it finally feels like its in reach! i want to go first semester of my soph. year so it being over a year till i get down there is still killing me!
So pumped for the Fantasyland expansion 2!!!!!!! Anyone know when that will be complete?

o geez me for sure. i have been wanting this since my freshman year of
HS and now that im a senior it finally feels like its in reach! i want to go first semester of my soph. year so it being over a year till i get down there is still killing me!
So pumped for the Fantasyland expansion 2!!!!!!! Anyone know when that will be complete?

I'm pretty sure everything will be done by 2013, with segments being completed in 2011 and 2012. But don't quote me on it...

If you all can stand the extreme cheesiness of the story I'm about to tell :rolleyes:...

No I don't think any of you are silly for planning your college program this far ahead.

I went to Disney World when I was 10 or 11. I don't remember my exact age, but I know that I was still a few years before high school. (I'm 22 now so it's been some time.)

For some reason, while on vacation with my family, it occurred to me "holy cow... there are people, regular people who get to WORK here... :worship:"

When I got home, without my parents' knowledge, I logged onto my new email account and wrote an email to a Disney Resume email. With a subject line along the lines of "PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS! IT'S NOT A RESUME BUT...", I wrote to Disney explaining my love of everything they valued and the impact that Disney World had on me.

And they replied.

"Dear Steve, we appreciate your interest in working for Disney. We hope that as your progress through high school and college, you'll keep us in focus and eventually apply for the Disney College Program..."

And that was it for me.

Like I said, I'm 22 now and it's been a while chasing this dream. Needless to say, I could have jumped over a few buildings when I found out I was accepted for a CP (I did Spring Advantage of 2007). And I am just as excited, knowing I am returning to be a Professional Intern this coming spring.

So know, from one crazy pre-planner to all of you, you are not crazy and there is nothing wrong with looking forward. After all, we look forward in order to "keep moving forward" and Walt himself would have told you all that.

Best of luck to all of you and I can't wait to work alongside you one day for Disney! :smickey:

If you all can stand the extreme cheesiness of the story I'm about to tell :rolleyes:...

No I don't think any of you are silly for planning your college program this far ahead.

Best of luck to all of you and I can't wait to work alongside you one day for Disney! :smickey:

Woo Hoo :) Someone from DE :)

For some reason, while on vacation with my family, it occurred to me "holy cow... there are people, regular people who get to WORK here... :worship:"
At one time when I was about 9 my mom was thinking about getting a job as an accountant in one of Disney's financial departments, and I actually asked her how much it would cost her. I totally thought she would need to pay to be able to work at Disney. I had that same 'holy cow' moments when she told me someone would PAY her to spend time at Disney.

Anyway, I've been wanting to do the CP for years. I started seriously planning it earlier this year in about March. Anyway, I'm about to finally get to apply for FA 2010 in January, and I can't tell you how ecstatic I am.

Your time will come sooner than you know. :goodvibes

I went to Disney World when I was 10 or 11. I don't remember my exact age, but I know that I was still a few years before high school. (I'm 22 now so it's been some time.)

When I got home, without my parents' knowledge, I logged onto my new email account and wrote an email to a Disney Resume email. With a subject line along the lines of "PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS! IT'S NOT A RESUME BUT...", I wrote to Disney explaining my love of everything they valued and the impact that Disney World had on me.

And they replied.

"Dear Steve, we appreciate your interest in working for Disney. We hope that as your progress through high school and college, you'll keep us in focus and eventually apply for the Disney College Program..."

And that was it for me.

Like I said, I'm 22 now and it's been a while chasing this dream. Needless to say, I could have jumped over a few buildings when I found out I was accepted for a CP (I did Spring Advantage of 2007). And I am just as excited, knowing I am returning to be a Professional Intern this coming spring.

So know, from one crazy pre-planner to all of you, you are not crazy and there is nothing wrong with looking forward. After all, we look forward in order to "keep moving forward" and Walt himself would have told you all that.

Great story!
I had a similar kind realization about a year ago, when I began getting myself pumped up for my trip to WDW this february.
I was just a freshman in high school, and it began to really dawn on me how much I love the world, and how much it is a part of me. As a young kid WDW is just that cool magical place your parents take you once-in-a-while, but as you become a young adult who is self-aware, you can really connect with things on a deeper level and identify what really interests you, and I was able to do that with disney.
I immediately remembered the college program (my family had chatted with a girl in merchandise about the program 2 years ago on our last trip) and looked it up online. For about 2 months after that I would read the site practically everyday!
Since then I've managed to surpress my excitement a bit, and keep it to more of a "back of my head" type thing, but the thought of working at the happiest place on earth still gets me so pumped!
2013 here I come!
Can't wait for expanded fantasyland, and excuse me for the long post :)

Great story!
I had a similar kind realization about a year ago, when I began getting myself pumped up for my trip to WDW this february.
I was just a freshman in high school, and it began to really dawn on me how much I love the world, and how much it is a part of me. As a young kid WDW is just that cool magical place your parents take you once-in-a-while, but as you become a young adult who is self-aware, you can really connect with things on a deeper level and identify what really interests you, and I was able to do that with disney.
I immediately remembered the college program (my family had chatted with a girl in merchandise about the program 2 years ago on our last trip) and looked it up online. For about 2 months after that I would read the site practically everyday!
Since then I've managed to surpress my excitement a bit, and keep it to more of a "back of my head" type thing, but the thought of working at the happiest place on earth still gets me so pumped!
2013 here I come!
Can't wait for expanded fantasyland, and excuse me for the long post :)

Something very similiar happened to me. I went wdw this past summer, and it really got me thinking about how much I love the place and that I could see myself being really happy working there... and I did a little research and found the collage program. I think doing the collage program will give me more of an idea if I want to pursue a carrer at disney.

Same about fantasyland and trying to keep it out of the forefront of my mind. :)

You guys aren't crazy. I'm currently a freshman in high school and have already started planning. Haha :) Think about it this way, we'll be ahead of everybody else applying when the time comes. I don't graduate high school till 2013 so I was thinking maybe do it sometime in 2014. :thumbsup2

You guys aren't crazy. I'm currently a freshman in high school and have already started planning. Haha :) Think about it this way, we'll be ahead of everybody else applying when the time comes. I don't graduate high school till 2013 so I was thinking maybe do it sometime in 2014. :thumbsup2

I love how we've all got everything planned :) Oh about your alice/wendy questions they tend to have rounder faces from what I've heard on dis and pretty similiar facial characteristics to princesses (breoilz talked about princesses facial characteristics on one of the threads, that last part is my personal conclusion after looking at pics of alice/wendy face characters so I could be wrong) hth, even though you might already know it

I love how we've all got everything planned :) Oh about your alice/wendy questions they tend to have rounder faces from what I've heard on dis and pretty similiar facial characteristics to princesses (breoilz talked about princesses facial characteristics on one of the threads, that last part is my personal conclusion after looking at pics of alice/wendy face characters so I could be wrong) hth, even though you might already know it

Haha. I know. I think planning it is fun even though its awhile away :) I've noticed that too, but then again I see some of the Alice/Wendy's with more pointier features. Its kind of a variation for all face characters I notice. They all have kind of a general look, but they have variations. I think height plays into it a lot. If you're the right height and you look similar to the general look for that character, then you're in as long as you can pass the dance/animation parts of auditions. Anyone else on this board thinking of auditioning for character performer when its time for your CP?

By the way, I also have to say I can't wait for the Fantasyland Expansion. It looks amazing! :) By the time our CP's roll around, they should be finished/close to finished.

I'm definitely interested in Entertainment! I'm really into performing at home and I hope, when the time comes, I can get to an audition! They don't have any in my immediate area, but I'd be willing to drive. :)
I'm at a good princess height, so I hope that's in my future.
I'll probably have Attractions as my 2nd choice, because CM's for rides like Jungle Cruise, Great Movie Ride and Kilimanjaro Safari still have to perform. My friend, who's an aspiring actor, was the driver for safari last year on his CP, and he raves about it all the time!

The fantasyland expansion should be AMAZING! It's going to be so cool to work there when it's a reality!

haha. Listen to us going on about the plans we have for 3+ years from now!
Well, when it's time we'll be SO prepared! :cloud9:

I plan on doing it the spring of 2012. Long ways away, when I'm a Sophomore in college! I really want to try entertainment and go through the audition process. I'm about 5'3, but I'm not very sure of my height. Could be more, could be less, not sure. But I have 10 years of dance experience (I had to quit becuase of band)

My second choice is a toss-up between attractions and concierge. Because I have always wanted to be an attractions person (my prime choice would be Ellen's Energy Adventure, second would be TSM). And concierge just sounds fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter