Cozumel Food Tours?

ninecrayons

DIS Veteran
Howdy all!

I'm sailing on the Magic in January of 2020 and our stops include Cozumel and Castaway.

Cozumel will be a new port for me and I'm interested in doing a food tour of some kind. I did this in Seattle and it was one of the best things I ever did for getting a feel of an environment - especially for a foodie like me! I know there's a cooking class excursion through Disney, but that's not necessarily what I'm looking for.

So has anyone ever done a food tour in Cozumel? I'm looking at one on cozumelchef.com but it'd be great to see if anyone had personal experiences or suggestions.

And yes, I know it's a ways out for me to be considering my port adventures, but I'm a planner and it gives me something to look forward to!

Mmmm... a food tour? Not sure what you mean... they had a "salsa and salsa" tour in Costa Maya where they 'teach' you to make salsa and dance... it's not good, it's rather cringe-y actually... so other than that I can't say

However, Cozumel has amazing Mexican restaurants... one in particular they make margaritas and guacamole at your table so its kinda fun: Pancho's backyard, about 1/2 mile from the port, its a nice walk after eating..plus, its a very nice restaurant with Mexican decor... Also, you can go to the local food market (which is near the Alameda, just ask for the 'mercado') .. there are a bunch of small, family owned restaurants that sell mostly seafood but its really fresh.. I had there some of the best ceviches ever in a small restaurant with 2 tables...

Happy cruisin'

Mmmm... a food tour? Not sure what you mean... they had a "salsa and salsa" tour in Costa Maya where they 'teach' you to make salsa and dance... it's not good, it's rather cringe-y actually... so other than that I can't say

However, Cozumel has amazing Mexican restaurants... one in particular they make margaritas and guacamole at your table so its kinda fun: Pancho's backyard, about 1/2 mile from the port, its a nice walk after eating..plus, its a very nice restaurant with Mexican decor... Also, you can go to the local food market (which is near the Alameda, just ask for the 'mercado') .. there are a bunch of small, family owned restaurants that sell mostly seafood but its really fresh.. I had there some of the best ceviches ever in a small restaurant with 2 tables...

Happy cruisin'

A food tour is more or less like any other tour. You have a guide, they take you around to different spots. Except in this case, they take you to different restaurants, stands or markets to sample the cuisine. Usually, they have a pretty good idea of hidden gems or specialities tourists might not usually try.

That salsa and salsa does sound super cringey. I'm not much for dancing anyways.

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely stroll the 'mercado.

Have you checked trip advisor? That's how we found the food tour we did in Jamaica. It was excellent!

In case you don’t find a tour that works for you, I just wanted to say that the cooking class you mentioned (CZ33) is really enjoyable. We did it a few years ago and have booked it again for our upcoming cruise.

Google Cozumel Chef Food Tours. Seems to get good reviews.

The "salsa and salsa" tour in Costa Maya is NOT operated by the same company that operates the official Salsa and Salsa excursions in Cozumel and Cabo San Lucas. I really enjoy the official tour and have gone several times in both Cozumel and Cabo. But Costa Maya is not the same company and heard very negative passenger feedback from passengers who went expecting it to be like Cozumel's.

We've done food tours in Nassau and San Juan while on DCL. They were awesome. I booked through Trip Advisor. I highly recommend them. I sure the Cozumel food tour would be just as good.

Just off the fantasy we did the salsa and salsa in cozumel. Family loved it. We made several different types of salsas and margaritas. It was a fun food experience food and drinks were good. Special kid friendly drinks all the kids ready liked. Im not a dancer but it was fun watching DH and DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter