Cozumel day resort

mordecai

Mouseketeer
I'm going on a 7 night DCL Western Cruise and was looking at the times we'll be at each stop. I wanted to go to a day resort for my family and found a few that looked promising at Costa Maya but it looks like the ship will only be there for 4 hours so that seemed like a very short time for a day resort. It looks like we're at Cozumel for the longest time but I can't find an inclusive day resort at that stop. Does anyone have a recommendation or know of a resort that is good with a decent price at Costa Maya?

Every time we are in Cozumel we book the day at Nachi Cocom. There are several nice beach clubs, depending on your family needs, but we really like Nachi Cocum because it is all inclusive or food and beverage. The food is great and my wife and I love the Bahama Mamas!

We enjoy both the beach and the pool, but some will complain that the beach is a little rocky. One thing that we really like is that they limit the number of guests, so it is never crowded. You do need to make reservations online before you go.

It is very easy to get to from the pier by taxi. If you google it, you will find a lot. Also, check out Cruise Critic for more information on Cozumel beach clubs. Nachi Cocum comes highly recommended, but depending on what you are looking for you might find others.

That sounds pretty good. I'll have 4 kids with me range 3-10, would you say it was kid friendly for this age group? Also is there anything NOT included? Their website looks nice but seems a little vague on the details.

Thanks for the info!

From recommendations on this board we are going to try Paradise Beach. It looks pretty good.

I would say it is kid friendly. The beach is nice and the pool works well for kids of all ages. You will also likely find other Disney cruisers there. The staff does fine with the kids.

Basically lunch and all the drinks are included. There are plenty of alcoholic and non-alcoholic options. You also get palapa (thatch umbrella) and plastic lounger chairs. They have water types of activities for a cost, but we are usually fine with just the beach and pool.

We were booked for Nachi Cocom but due to bad weather our itinerary changed.:mad: They switched Grand Cayman day with Cozumel so we had to cancel our reservation to Nachi Cocom and they were full for the day that we would now be in Cozumel.
So, we got off the ship, found a taxi and told him we wanted a nice beach to spend the day at. He took us to Paradise Beach! We had an amazing day. So beautiful there. :thumbsup2 When we arrived we purchased bracelets. I purchased the bracelet to allow me to use the beach and a chair. My husband and kids purchased the bracelet that allowed them to use the water slide and stuff. We didn't buy much food, just nachos. They were really tasty. We did have a few drinks. :beach: They service was really good, washrooms were clean and the pool was beautiful. I don't remember how much the taxi was but our bill at Paradise beach was around $100. This covered all our expenses for the day. I would love to go back.

mordecai said:
That sounds pretty good. I'll have 4 kids with me range 3-10, would you say it was kid friendly for this age group? Also is there anything NOT included? Their website looks nice but seems a little vague on the details.

Thanks for the info!

I've been to both Nachi Cocum and Paradise Beach. Both are easy to get to and have great service. Nachi is nice because the food and drink is included. The bar tenders made frozen virgin drinks for my daughter which she loved. The swim up bar was very convenient. ;) The food was great. We had appetizers on he beach and then ate lunch at the restaurant. Also, they limit he number of people so it won't be crowded. Paradise Beach can get pretty crowded. I would take the numbers ships in port that day into consideration.

We went to Paradise Beach last Feb with 5 kids ranging from 8months to 15 years. They all had a blast. The beach is nicer and larger at Paradise. They have a water trampoline and slide in he ocean. The pool is beautiful! It is about 5 times the size of the pool at Nachi. The mixed drinks were not that great but the buckets of beer were about $12 and very cold. We did not eat but I noticed the food was a bit expensive. Our server followed us from the beach to the pool and we were able to just run a tab which was nice.

I don't think you could go wrong either way. Unless there are 5 or 6 ships in port with you or you are concerned about crowds, Paradise Beach will be more fun for the kids.But it will cost more than Nachi by the time you rent loungers, wristbands for the kids to use the water toys, drinks and food.

Thank you all for the replies, good info here! I'm thinking paradise beach looks less relaxing but more fun for the kids. For as many people as we have it's probably going to be the same cost. How far away is Paradise beach from port (drive time wise)?

Thank you all for the replies, good info here! I'm thinking paradise beach looks less relaxing but more fun for the kids. For as many people as we have it's probably going to be the same cost. How far away is Paradise beach from port (drive time wise)?

10-15 minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!