Cozumel beach break?

KMCPharmD

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for opinions on the beach break excursion in Cozumel. DCL’s site makes it look pretty good but I just want real life experiences. It will be myself, DH, and DD (9). We are just looking for a beach day... a place to hang out and have a little fun. TIA for any help!

I'm looking for opinions on the beach break excursion in Cozumel. DCL’s site makes it look pretty good but I just want real life experiences. It will be myself, DH, and DD (9). We are just looking for a beach day... a place to hang out and have a little fun. TIA for any help!
I suggest Paradise Beach which is a short and inexpensive taxi ride from the port. Taxis are waiting to take people back to the ships.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Another vote for Paradise Beach. It's a cheap admission, especially if you don't want to get on the inflatables (which are way bigger and harder than they look from the beach! One attempt and my 40+ year old body said no way!) Lots of chairs with a good selection of sun/shade/beach/poolside. Good food, good service. No hawkers wanting you to buy things, and it is adjacent to private homes, so you can walk a good ways down the beach that direction if you're a walker.

No need to do a DCL excursion. Just walk straight thru the port to the taxi stand. The cost will already be listed. When coming back, the beach will call you a taxi.

ETA taxi was maybe $20 and admission to Paradise Beach was $10-15/person.

Last edited:
There are really a lot of options to choose from. I looked at a bunch of different places before settling on Nachi Cocom. Paradise did look appealing since it's a low entry fee and everything is a la carte.

Nachi will more than likely cost me more at the end of the day ($148 for 2A, 3C), but with the hypothetical guest limit I'm hoping that it will end up a quiet day there.

We enjoyed the Cozumel Beach Break. The drinks were generous. We got two loungers right on the water line. My son swam out to the inflatables. My daughter and I snorkeled. When we tired of the ocean we hung out at the pool and had lunch. We were never approached by anybody selling anything.

We have taken the Cozumel Beach Break twice and we enjoyed it both times. The food is good (not great) but plentiful and the drinks are really good. One time we went and it rained on and off all day but they had various games/activities to keep everyone entertained. It was really fun. And as another person posted, there are no vendors trying sell things. But if you want to shop, there are a few shops near the entrance/exit.

Went to Paradise Beach three Mays ago. Planning on going next month on Fantasy. Wasn’t crowded day we were there but we were only ship on the dock.

$3 admission plus they ask you to spend $10 each for lunch. Big pool, lots of loungers (don’t sit under coconuts we were told), good change rooms. Can rent jet skis next door.

:flower2:
We are trying out a beach that locals frequent as we are keen to try that option, so we will take a cab to a beach called Chen Rio on the other side of the island from the port. Has a cash only restaurant and beautiful family beach, according to reports we’ve read. Looks nice on the photos at Trip Advisor with good reviews posted recently. Hope it goes well. Here’s a web site that I found helpful with pictures and descriptions of various beaches all over the island.

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

YMMV and we’ve yet to go, so happy searching!

Enjoy your cruise!

Last edited:
:flower2:
We are trying out a beach that locals frequent as we are keen to try that option, so we will take a cab to a beach called Chen Rio on the other side of the island from the port. Has a cash only restaurant and beautiful family beach, according to reports we’ve read. Looks nice on the photos at Trip Advisor with good reviews posted recently. Hope it goes well. Here’s a web site that I found helpful with pictures and descriptions of various beaches all over the island.

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

YMMV and we’ve yet to go, so happy searching!

Enjoy your cruise!
Very cool link! Thanks for sharing.

MUN

We just did the beach break last week. We had a great time. Kids loved the inflatables, there were pools and a water play area with a couple of slides. Drinks and food were included. The food was OK, buffet style. The drinks were good with plenty of options and the kids were also able to get virgin versions of the drinks. A weird comment from me, the bathrooms were SPOTLESS. Not sure if that matters to anyone but I did notice and thought it was great at a beach. Also, there are lockers that you can rent to store your valuables in if you need to.

Another vote from a family that has a great time at Nachi Cocom.
Question for you - are there any issues with kids at Nachi? My girls are 7 & 10 and rather chatty but not particularly loud. I don't think it will be an issue but you never know.

Question for you - are there any issues with kids at Nachi? My girls are 7 & 10 and rather chatty but not particularly loud. I don't think it will be an issue but you never know.
No issues! Our DD had just turned 2 when we went there a few years back.

Nachi Cocum ( my favorite) Very quiet and relaxed. Nice beach and pool with plenty of loungers and shade, food and all drinks (alcohol too) included. Okay off-beach snorkeling (fee if you do not have your own). No water park. About $60 per person, kids are less http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Mr. Sanchos (my second favorite) Fun and active. Nice beach and pool area, not as shady near the beach as Nachi Cocum. Food and all drinks included. Ocean floating park for an additional $12 per person. Add-ons like jet skis, parasailing and horseback riding are available. Okay off-beach snorkeling (fee if you do not have your own) About $55 per person, kids are less. http://www.mrsanchos.com/

Playa Mia (excellent reviews from friends) Fun and active, not as shady near beach as Nachi Cocum. Food and all drinks included. Pools, fresh-water water park and slides and an ocean floating park included. Also, non-motorized boats like kayaks and water bikes. Add-ons like jet skis and parasailing. Okay off-beach snorkeling (fee if you do not have your own) About $60 person, including all the kids. https://www.playamia.com/

Wow, thank you all so much for the replies! I got busy shortly after posting and haven’t had time to reply back, but now that I have time I want to say how incredibly helpful you all have been. It’s great to hear all the different experiences and advice. Thank you all again!

We have done an excursion to Chankanaab wednesday. While it wasn't a "beach" (the water doesn't meet the sand, they are separated by rocks) the snorkeling was amazing --one meter from the stairs and we saw plenty of fishes and even a baby barracuda-- and the food was very good and so were the drinks. The transportation provided was excellent. We had a great day. Now, is there better beaches in Cozumel? Probably. Would I go back? Probably not. We had a great day but not enough of a wow factor to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter