Cozumel activities with kids

lilouisianagal

Mouseketeer
We will be going to Cozumel February 27-March 2. Our group will include husband, son (6/almost 7), daughter (2), and possibly my in laws. We loved Castaway Cay on previous cruises and are sad not to be visiting on this cruise. Trying to figure out things to do on shore since we will have 2 days at sea to enjoy the ship. I don’t want to have to use the ferries to go to the mainland, so what are my options? Any good excursions or non Disney options? TIA

We went to Cozumel last year and we went to the Nachi Cocom beach club which was amazing. They limit the # of people they allow in every day, albeit we were likely fortunate in that I think there were only 2 ships in port the day we visited. Nonetheless, it was basically a quiet, private beach virtually to ourselves. It was easily one of the highlights of our trip. Food and drink were included and I thought they were quite good.

That said -- our children (then 8, 5, and 5) really like the beach and don't require a lot of big toys or activities. They are content to build sandcastles and just swim / float around in the ocean, which is what Nachi Cocom is great for. Great place for a quiet beach day if that is what you are looking for.

We always do Nachi for the same reasons. Great beach with the option to rent equipment. They have a pool as well.

DH and I went to Nachi Cocum on our last cruise. Loved it. Really nice beach with some rentable stuff, great food and drinks (all inclusive). We didn't use pool but it looked really nice.

We'll be in Cozumel again in March. With them, we'll probably go to Paradise Beach as we don't need all inclusive and looks like nice option too.

We took our nearly 2 year old to Chankanaab and it was FANTASTIC!!! They have sea creature encounters, pools, snorkeling, beaches, a tequila walk through, and more that we weren't able to get to. It's a National Park so there was very little upselling or people pestering you to buy their wares. If we ever go back to Cozumel that's what we're going to do again.

https://www.cozumelparks.com/en/chankanaab-en/

We split up at Cozumel. My DW and DS11 took the glass bottomed boat tour and had a good time. My DS13 and myself did the helmet dive and had a fantastic experience. It is about a 3 minute walk from the pier. (Don't know if your oldest son is too young. The helmet isn't heavy under water (and they are holding it until you go in) however, you do need to move slowly and not lean your head forward/backwards.)

Went to Nachi on my last cruise. Despite being on Allure and despite two fairly large Carnival ships in port it was super-quiet - maybe 20 people total. But that was in late August so crowds may not be comparable to late Feb/Early March.

Still, loved the place.

We are going to Nachi Cocom in April on our trip. Glad to see so many good reviews of it!! We are also going on one of the snorkles they offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter