Every Wish That We Put Into Motion.... (comments welcome!)

Tried an episode of it and I never really got into it. Does it need a few episodes to get going? Nicola Coughlin is pretty great, so maybe it needs another try?

I think DH has watched some of this as a "have it on but not watch it" show.

HAHAHHA! I've read most of the books and I kind of gave up watching it after season 4 or 5 because that's also where I got tired of the same cycle of events happening to the next generation.
Tangentially, because *romance novels on screen* Virgin River was completely butchered in the Netflix adaptation. I'm so annoyed because it was actually kind of a sweet (albeit a little syrupy) story and the book series on it's own went on to focus on OTHER people in the town as main characters with Mel/Jack in the background but the adaptation basically ruined that.

Oh those sound promising! Thanks!

We do NOT have apple TV, and I've heard so many great things about Ted Lasso that it's tempting to try to find a free-to-start subscription just to binge it.
And I also like watching old stuff when I don't really need to pay attention; we watched all of Cheers and most of Friends last winter and have started on Seinfeld as our "time filler" show. I also enjoy watching How I Met Your Mother re-runs.

It's been SO WET. And cold. And then it got super windy up here on Monday and Tuesday, so much so that we had enough power lines down that the schools lost power and the kids got sent home early, and then we lost power for about 12 hours on Tuesday night (hurray for a back up generator!) My BIL was at my nephew's football game last night in an area that's in one of the "snowbelts" and it had snowed enough that the whole field was white and they were shoveling the yardage lines so the kids could play.
This morning it rained, snowed a little, and tomorrow it's going to be in the mid-60s, so it looks like maybe things will settle down to normal soon.
That somehow sounds even worse than I imagined... Remind me to never move to Michigan 😂

I don't generally enjoy really violent stuff, and horror is not my thing
I'm not sure if you'll like the rest of The Hunger Games then... but if you got through the first one okay and understand the basic premise then I suppose it is okay. I think the ending of The Hunger Games is genius.

My favorite type of TV show is reality competition shows... especially ones that involve social strategy. Do you like those kind of shows?

I'm not sure if you'll like the rest of The Hunger Games then... but if you got through the first one okay and understand the basic premise then I suppose it is okay. I think the ending of The Hunger Games is genius.

My favorite type of TV show is reality competition shows... especially ones that involve social strategy. Do you like those kind of shows?
Oh I’ve watched hunger games before. The violence isn’t gratuitous like the modern R-rated movies tend to be where it’s the killing AND the blood and guts and splatter and there strictly for the shock value.

Social strategy games are fun to turn on and tune out for me. 😂 The personalities in some of those can be so over the top and ridiculous.

If you do end up getting Apple TV+, I also recommend Severance - awesome show. The Good Place is on Netflix if you haven't seen it. Also definitely watch all the MCU miniseries if you haven't already, going along with your feature film choices. And Stranger Things is another favorite of mine, though I guess it's a little bit horror-like so not sure it's your thing.

Thursday: 4mi Easy. Treadmill. Finished Hunger Games Catching Fire. I forget how short this one feels. Nothing notable about the run.

Friday: 4mi Easy. Nope. Didn't happen. Ran around like a crazy person getting stuff for DS1's birthday, groceries, striking out at 4 stores for sprinkles. Ugh.

Saturday: Rest. Enter full "Cross Country Mom" mode and literally RUN from the intersection they cross 3x at the beginning and middle of the race over to the finish area. For 3 races. Lots of walking, some running, so I'm counting this as a make-up for missing Friday's run. We also spend nearly 4 hours in the car, and didn't get home until almost 4pm, which was also exhausting (another reason I didn't try to make up Friday's run.) The nice part is that it was DRY and in the mid-60s during the race. It was a lovely fall day. This course is where our Regional (State Meet qualifier) is being run this year. It's usually run at our home course, but due to massive amounts of [behind schedule] construction we are not the hosts this year. I'm not a fan of this course because it kind of sucks for spectating (you can't see the entire middle third of the race) and it's extremely hilly, which is tougher on the kids. They run again on Friday and fingers crossed our team makes top 3 so they get to make a trip to MIS for finals as participants instead of just as team-support for our top 2-3 runners (who will probably qualify as individuals.)

Sunday: 10mi Long Run/Easy. 45/30 intervals. I definitely had anxiety about this run because it's double digits and I don't do many runs that are this long. Had half a muffin 90min before my run, and then a bowl of oatmeal right before I put my shoes on and got out the door. I planned 2 laps of the same out-and-back. Staged a bottle of water at around the 0.4/4.6/5.4/9.6mi marks, and a bottle of nuun at the 1/4/6/9 mile marks. Oatmeal as pre-fuel, and a raspberry huma at mile 4-5. Average pace was 13:44 (pace chart says 13:59) which is me continuing to figure out how much to slow down and not run in the 13:30s. This run felt amazing. It was so, so, so, so good and definitely needed with how stressed out our schedule has made me lately.

Last edited:
First-world pity-party for 1. Found a really good deal on a dottie skirt, so I bought it. And a week later they cancelled the transaction (a few hours after they'd marked it as shipped.) I'm sure they found out after they listed it that they could get more for it than they listed it for. In the meantime, I had bought a crowned top to go with a skirt I'm not getting now. Ugh!

UPDATE TIME!!
So this morning (Monday) I was searching through poshmark (the cancelled skirt was through mercari) and wouldn't you know, it's the SAME SKIRT with the SAME PICTURE for the SAME PRICE from the SAME SELLER. So of course I bought it. Let's see what happens this time. I'm tempted to post a comment on the item page asking if they actually intend to ship it this time. :rotfl2:

Last edited:

@DopeyBadger I have a schedule change. Because XC regionals are on Friday (I was still stuck thinking they'd be on Saturday like all the other meets!) I'd like to move my rest day to Friday instead of Saturday.
The current plan is
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: 4mi
Thursday: 4mi
Friday: 1mi WU 5x (0.5mi HM with intervals + 4min recovery interval) + 1mi CD
Saturday: off
Sunday: 6mi

What makes the most sense for swapping that rest day?

Monday: 3mi Easy. I thought I was done with 3mi runs until like...December, but apparently I can't read my training plan. Last one for a few weeks at any rate. Outside. 45/30 intervals. 30/30 intervals with my 170 playlist because I need to shake up the play list a little bit. I felt GREAT, especially consider the 10mi from the day before. 13:12 avg pace, and all but 0:32 seconds in zone 3 or lower for HR. Oh yeah, and it was like 76 degrees outside. AH-MAZING weather for this time of year.

Tuesday: rest. WOOOO HOOO! Page 2 of the training plan!

Wednesday: 4mi Easy. Didn't feel so easy. Outside. 45/30 intervals. 13:47 avg pace, and I'm honestly surprised by that since I took extra walk breaks and had to fiddle with my interval timer a LOT because I accidentally tried to face-time DH and that turns off all of the alerts for the timer unless I close it and restart it. My right leg was SUPER weird and the first mile and a half was a dumpster fire and I almost turned around at 1.25 to just go home and call it a day. My toe kept dragging when I would stride forward on that side. My foot was landing super flat. My leg just felt heavy and like it couldn't do what I was asking it to do. Of course, I got SUPER in my head about that, so I ended up turning off my music and turning on a podcast to try to distract myself from it. It was moderately successful. I was able to stop obsessing about it, but it was NOT a good run.

I did math yesterday (thanks to the goal check-in from the running thread, where I saw that a 100mi month is a goal.) Looked at where I am for monthly mileage currently, and where I should be by the 31st. I'm going to be about 6 miles short of 100, and I'm talking myself out of tacking on some miles, and skipping my rest day tomorrow and cramming in a few miles in the morning before we leave for regionals. Like.....an extra mile today, 2-3 miles tomorrow instead of resting, an extra mile Saturday, and extra mile Monday and I think I'd be there. I *think* I'll break 100 in both November and December if I don't miss ANY runs, but it's sooooo tempting to go for it this month because I know how crazy the holidays will be, coupled with the basketball schedules.

There's no shame in 90+ miles in a month! Maybe I'm just saying that because I've ran between 90-100 miles in 4 out of the 10 months so far this year...🙊

I always find it amusing how much runners love round numbers. 100 miles per month, finishing times at the hour and half hour intervals. Not that I'm immune...I have lots of round number goals as well and on Tuesday I extended my run by .03 miles because running 6.47 miles is silly 🙃.

There's no shame in 90+ miles in a month! Maybe I'm just saying that because I've ran between 90-100 miles in 4 out of the 10 months so far this year...🙊

I always find it amusing how much runners love round numbers. 100 miles per month, finishing times at the hour and half hour intervals. Not that I'm immune...I have lots of round number goals as well and on Tuesday I extended my run by .03 miles because running 6.47 miles is silly 🙃.
I know. I know. It really is kind of a silly thing in the scheme of things. But it's like saying I ran a 2:40 HM when you *really* want that second number to start with "thirty" even if it's 39. :jester:

My highest month ever was 96.3, leading up to my first marathon last August, and I didn't realize how close I was until the 30th. I was so mad I missed 100 by 3.7mi.

Friendly reminder (especially for the women) to remember that iron is important for endurance athletes, and if you’re more tired and achey than you think you should be to consider getting your iron checked via a blood draw (not finger poke.)

I’ve mostly stopped falling asleep when I put DD down for her nap in the afternoon since I got serious about remembering my supplement. This past spring I had it checked and was one point above “low” and I hadn’t been running for over a month at that point.

Because of course different colors of the same shoe feel different.
This is absolutely a thing. I will have several colors of the same model of shoe over the course of a year and they can 100% feel different. My current ghosts all have different feels. The blue ones feel like the sole is stiffer, the black reflective ones have a tongue that lays different, and the tie dye ones are perfect.
Derry Girls -- A hilarious and heartfelt Irish sitcom set in the 90s around a group of high school friends. It is great 90s nostalgia mixed with the political background of the IRA and all that was going on in Ireland and Northern Ireland at that time. Turn on subtitles as the accents are pretty thick. These are good for short runs as they are just 30 minutes and, being BBC, short seasons.
This show is hilarious! Absolutely fantastic! I hope you give it another chance. 1 episode of almost any show isn't enough to really get a feel for it.

Thursday: 1mi WU + 5x (0.5mi HM pace [105/30 intervals] +4min walk) + 1mi CD plus some extra. Total of 7mi, or 136min, on the treadmill. This was originally scheduled to be run on Friday, but with XC Regionals being held on Friday, and us having to leave the school at noon, it got swapped a few things around. Finished Hunger Games Mockingjay part 1.

Friday: Rest Nope. Time to hit 100 miles, and there's only a few days left to do it! 2.1mi (30min) on the treadmill before loading up the car and hitting the road. Nothing exciting about this run, other than Hello tired legs! It wasn't jelly-leg territory, but it was a noticeable difference.

XC meet highlights

"Our boys team took 3rd and our girls team took 2nd which means both of them qualify to go to State Finals this coming weekend. This is the entire reason why I can't ever run W&D until my kids are done with cross. DS2 ran on varsity and finished 6th on his team, PR'ed in 19:09, which was 58sec faster than he ran on the same course last week. And it's NOT a PR-friendly course. Our coaches estimate that it's somewhere between 30-45sec slower than our home course because it's pretty much rolling hills the entire time. DS1 ran in the open race at the end of the meet and was 1:19 faster than last week. I'm trying to get him to go run in one more meet after states on a very flat and fast course, and he didn't say NO immediately, so I'm hoping he says yes. I think he finally figured out a strategy that works for his brain, which is to run it like a 400m repeat workout.

States are going to be exciting because our #1 runner is going to try to break the state/course record, which is 14:10 and was set by Dathan Ritzenhien. A BIG part of that is going to come down to the weather, and how hard he can push himself because the next closest D3 running in the race is over 1:00 slower than him at his current 14:30s times, so he has no one to "race."

Saturday: 4mi Easy. 5.2mi easy. 13:46 avg pace and solidly in the Aerobic zone for the whole run. These stupid shoes. I thought I had the blue shoes' laces figured out. Apparently not. Spent a LOT of time messing with them during the first 2 miles.
My "will it actually get shipped or is it a scam" skirt showed up! The packaging was terrible but the skirt itself was unharmed and is soooo gorgeous. I thought I had a top to go with it, but I'm not sure it really "goes" so I'll be popping over to the costume thread for some ideas later.

Sunday (today): I'm sitting at 88.6mi for the month with 10 scheduled miles in my training plan over today and tomorrow. An extra 0.7mi for each will put me at exactly 100.

Sunday: (the actual running poriton) U.G.L.Y. this run has no alibi. But the important thing is that I did it. The first part was horrible. The 2nd part wasn't so bad. 6.75mi, 13:40 avg pace. HR zones where they're supposed to be. Wore my ORANGE shoes that are in the middle of their use-life and don't give me any troubles at all. I really wish my other shoes would feel this nice.

Monday: This was great prep for my feet/brain for Dopey. Squeezed this run in on the treadmill during naptime (and then put Frozen on when she woke up with a mile-ish to go.) To quote myself from the full during this past marathon weekend (I believe we were out of AK, around the Blizzard Beach section) "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow." Ohhhhh my poor tired feet. At least 4.7mi (which got me to 100 for the month) and probably a little extra since the treadmill turned off somewhere between 3.5 and 4mi, which means the distance reset. So I did some quick math and put a conservative total time that 4.7 should take and used my watch to hit that time. I doubt I ran this at over 15:00 pace like my garmin is saying I did. Did a test run with my new dottie skirt since it's a little bigger in the waist than my other one (even though they're supposed to be the same size....such is the nature of handmade items) and I will definitely have to pin this skirt in place or it wants to ride waaaaaaaaay up. I may have to trim the tulle up a little as well.

And then we put in a few miles trick or treating.
128E12E4-A717-4B6D-ACD6-C1EF5018DF81.jpeg

Tuesday: Rest. Thank goodness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!