Couriosity question

budcollector

DIS Veteran
when those of you that go to disney as a family [ mom,dad,son,daughter] and you stay at a disney resort, and the room only has 2 twin beds an not much in the way of privacy and its time to hit the shower, does half the family leave an then come back when the first half is done ? i go solo so i have the room to myself, but i just wondered how families do it

The moderates have a privacy curtain seperating the bedroom area from the sinks and then the bathroom has a door on it, so should be quite easy for families to change/wash in privacy. Also the deluxes and values have the toilet and bath/shower in a lockable bathroom. To be honest I can't see many families having a problem with this set up.

Claire ;)

Actually, I wish the deluxes had a privacy curtain as well. So many times the shower room gets too hot and I have to leave the door open for the A/C to keep it reasonable. On a solo trip, as the OP said, it's not an issue. But on my last trip, when I was traveling with my Mom, I told her I was leaving the door open a couple inches, and she stayed out watching TV until I was finished. It wouldn't have been a workable solution with kids running around. If they had a privacy curtain or some sort of partial door across the hallway that you could close, that would be nice. Or maybe they just need better A/C in the bathroom?

I travel with a tension rod and curtain. When I get to the resort, if it doesn't have a privacy curtain, I put up my own. It's really helpful...I can shower, and dress, and not have to worry about bothering those still sleeping and I have my privacy.

I've never stayed in a room at a Disney hotel with 2 twin beds.

It's called "open door policy" at our house. Or....close your eyes, you might get an eyeful! :rotfl:

Seriously, with a house(room) of women, DH, showers and throws on underwear in the bathroom, and then exits for the next person. The girls tend to dress in the bathroom before they come out....but they've never had a Y membership....OR a baby. Once you've had either of those.... ;)

As you are a solo person, I can understand how you might wonder about that, but once you've been part of a family, it's a non-issue. You kind of grow into whatever your family is comfortable with as time goes on.

Me, I am the lone woman in a house of 3 men (4 if you count the dog!). For a Disney vacation we just dress in the bathroom. It's is not a problem in any way. We do this at home too as we only have one bathroom on the ground floor and the bedrooms are upstairs. They guys may walk around in boxers but you can bet that I'm dressed when I leave the bathroom! The one concession my DH and I make to sharing a room with our son's is he will wear some type of sleep short and I wear some type of shorts and t-shirt (no nightgowns) to sleep in. No kid wants to get up at night to use the bathroom and get a full moon view of their parents!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter