Coupon Train ~~ Hop over to our new Thread. Link on last page.

AccountingBabe08
I received 3 envies from you today in the mail. Thank you! :goodvibes

YensidRocks - Got 3 envies in the mail today! Thanks!

AND I AM SUCH A DORK as I just now figured out your username! :lmao: Somedays I amaze myself... :rotfl2:

hi everyone, just posting my requests... huggies/pampers diapers coupons, box Top Labels for Education, and Campbell's labels. thanks !!

Hi all,

I am a huge bargain shopper and coupon clipper so I thought I'd check out the train thread!

I have a couple of questions though. It says in the opening post that you send coupons from the current weekends paper to the person on your list. Does that mean that you ONLY put in those coupons? What about weeks past that are still good? Or magazine coupons, etc.? Just want to be sure I understand the rules. :confused:

does that mean that I would send a coupon envie every Monday to the same person? And I only send one a week right?

I just have a feeling that I'm going to mess this up unless I TOTALLY understand what I'm doing KWIM? LOL!

Monique

Hi Monique! I'm sure our conductor, Dj, will fill you in on all the specifics but as she just got back from FL it might take her a day or two to unwind and catch up. And warm up as she's somewhere up in the Frozen Tundra! :lmao:

What happens is you get an envelope full of coupons from the train rider who sends to you. You take out what you can use, take out and toss any that expire within the next 10 days or so, add in all the ones that you're not keeping from your Sunday paper and send it on to the next train rider.

So you're sending everything that you can't use and everything that doesn't expire "soon" (as there's no point in sending ones that will expire before the next rider gets them). It can end up being a pretty hefty pile, which is kind of the point as it gives folks lots of variety that they might not otherwise get. :goodvibes

Yes, you send once a week to the same person each time.

And coupons from wherever you find them. Flyers, inserts, magazines, whatever you accumulate.

Hi all,

I am a huge bargain shopper and coupon clipper so I thought I'd check out the train thread!

I have a couple of questions though. It says in the opening post that you send coupons from the current weekends paper to the person on your list. Does that mean that you ONLY put in those coupons? What about weeks past that are still good? Or magazine coupons, etc.? Just want to be sure I understand the rules. :confused:

does that mean that I would send a coupon envie every Monday to the same person? And I only send one a week right?

I just have a feeling that I'm going to mess this up unless I TOTALLY understand what I'm doing KWIM? LOL!

Monique

Hi Monique! I'm sure our conductor, Dj, will fill you in on all the specifics but as she just got back from FL it might take her a day or two to unwind and catch up. And warm up as she's somewhere up in the Frozen Tundra! :lmao:

What happens is you get an envelope full of coupons from the train rider who sends to you. You take out what you can use, take out and toss any that expire within the next 10 days or so, add in all the ones that you're not keeping from your Sunday paper and send it on to the next train rider.

So you're sending everything that you can't use and everything that doesn't expire "soon" (as there's no point in sending ones that will expire before the next rider gets them). It can end up being a pretty hefty pile, which is kind of the point as it gives folks lots of variety that they might not otherwise get. :goodvibes

Yes, you send once a week to the same person each time.

And coupons from wherever you find them. Flyers, inserts, magazines, whatever you accumulate.

:thumbsup2 Yep, I was in bed last night before 9 under four quilts trying to catch up on sleep and get warm. :cold: How could I forget how cold MN is in February? :crazy2: That Puxatawny Phil guy better be right when he says "ONLY" six more weeks of winter. Otherwise......I'm ready to fly back to FL. :beach: and ::MickeyMo

Great job on the 'splainin, MyDizneyBoyz! :flower3: :lovestruc I can't think of a thing to add. Send me a PM if you want to hop aboard, Monique. :goodvibes

We have eight new (and returning) coupon train riders to welcome on their train journey starting next week!!!

A HUGE AND HEARTY :welcome:
FOFINIA, SUNSHINE74, DREAMER03, CLAYTONSMAMA, LUVCHIPNDALE, HONEYBUNCHES, BIGSIS1970, and TAYCHASE1015!!!​
:welcome:

welcome aboard!:woohoo:

Our January reported coupon savings are:

$1,980.32
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

with a total of 38 riders reporting...that's an average savings of $52/month for each rider!

Highest reported in one trip: $67.98 YensidRocks, close second $60.27 dismullins

I am happy to give anyone their monthly total too - just ask! (I've got some time...I'm on snow day #3 today;))

2/2
$5.54

Welcome back ShiPoo!

hulagirl87...got your envie to the post office yesterday after a couple of LONG days on the road with work. so glad that's over!

Amberdansmom...I had to unexpectedly head out of town for work, of course leaving my envie at home :sad2: So yours is a bit late, but headed your way. :drive: So sorry.

MattsMatts-Momma...been receiving fine. Thanks! :thumbsup2

I just had to tell you all that I sat down this week and added up all my savings for the month of January. (My first month doing serious couponing). I saved $171 last month with JUST coupons! That doesn't include any of the club card discounts, etc! Wow! I'm so proud of myself!
Thanks to all of you for helping me learn! :cool1:

hauntedmansionmomma--I got your envie just fine yesterday, in spite of the "Blizzard of Oz" you've had there in Kansas. Thanks!

natashag76--DH was finally able to get your envie to the post office yesterday by dog sled. :laughing: Nah, just kidding, but it does look like the frozen tundra here right now and it sounds like you're getting hit even harder. Bundle up!

welcome aboard!:woohoo:

Our January reported coupon savings are:

$1,980.32
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

with a total of 38 riders reporting...that's an average savings of $52/month for each rider!

Highest reported in one trip: $67.98 YensidRocks, close second $60.27 dismullins

I am happy to give anyone their monthly total too - just ask! (I've got some time...I'm on snow day #3 today;))

2/2
$5.54

Welcome back ShiPoo!

Are we awesome or what? :cool1: Congrats to us for being great shoppers who love their coupon savings! :woohoo: Thanks again, hanutedmansionmomma, for doing our tallies each month. :grouphug: Will you have to make up these snow days? :sad2:

I just had to tell you all that I sat down this week and added up all my savings for the month of January. (My first month doing serious couponing). I saved $171 last month with JUST coupons! That doesn't include any of the club card discounts, etc! Wow! I'm so proud of myself!
Thanks to all of you for helping me learn! :cool1:

Great job!!

Thanks so much for the link to the Krazy Coupon Lady and the idea for the expired coupons:flower3:

If I ever get caught up (welcome back to reality, Shipoo!!) with unpacking and laundry :laundy:, sorting mail and paying bills :surfweb:, and running errands for a few necessities like FOOD :rotfl2: I'll get the February newsletter sent out to everyone on the train. IBleedBlue and Colusapj have given us other sources for expired coupons as well and they will be mentioned in our newsletter. It's a wonderful thing if we can send our expired coupons to military families overseas rather than throwing them out. :worship:

Hi!
I'd like to take you up on your offer of my January total. I forgot to put my coupon $$ in my Tinkerbell bank :rotfl2: And since that is our savings for our next trip, my kids will freak if they find out I forgot!
Thanks!!

Shipooowner -
Could you PM a military fmaily who can used my expired coupons? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter