couple of wish questions

toontoy

Mouseketeer
so I have been researching the wish and have a few questions. the ship seems similar to the quantum class ships from RCCL has anyone sailed both. are the layouts similar. what is the glass wall area on the back of the ship. it seems deck 4 or 5. it looks similar to quantum space 270. are the pool spaces larger then the fantasy. that's what I am trying to figure out.

Hi!

We just got off the Wish, and we have sailed on RCCL Anthem of the Seas. You really can’t compare the 2 ships, Anthem just *feels* much larger. The Wish is designed to have a lot of smaller, more intimate spaces. There is nothing really in comparison to the quantum’s area 270.
The all glass area aft you may be talking about on The Wish might be decks 11 and 12? Marceline Market … and Palo and Enchante which are absolutely beautiful.
All that being said, I LOVE Disney Cruise Line and the Wish, and would choose DCL over RCCL every time for the service, attention to detail, story, and really everything. But that’s for a different post I guess. ☺️

Hi!

We just got off the Wish, and we have sailed on RCCL Anthem of the Seas. You really can’t compare the 2 ships, Anthem just *feels* much larger. The Wish is designed to have a lot of smaller, more intimate spaces. There is nothing really in comparison to the quantum’s area 270.
The all glass area aft you may be talking about on The Wish might be decks 11 and 12? Marceline Market … and Palo and Enchante which are absolutely beautiful.
All that being said, I LOVE Disney Cruise Line and the Wish, and would choose DCL over RCCL every time for the service, attention to detail, story, and really everything. But that’s for a different post I guess. ☺️
Thanks for the info. From the outside they look a bit similar. I am just trying to decide the wish or dream.

Whats in this space on the ship. I am trying to locate on the deck plans. It seems its like 270 but i guess not

Thanks for the info

Attachments

• 20220807_175042.jpg
    20220807_175042.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 4
At the back of Decks 3, 4, and 5 on the Wish are the main dining rooms. I haven’t been on the Wish, so I don’t know if the restaurants have windows. It is possible those windows are in a crew-only area.

I've been on Odyssey of the Seas and the Wish! The glass you see on the back of the ship are the windows of the Arendelle MDR. You can't really see in or out of them (even in the dining room). I agree with WaDiWo's statement that the Anthem (and therefore Odyssey) feels much more open and streamlined on the inside. You can walk from 270 all the way to the royal theater at the front of the ship. Passing by a majority of the specialty restaurants and bars along the way.
The Wish has many smaller pools with different depths compared to the Fantasy. Not all pools are always open at the same time. The size of the pool deck feels a bit larger with the layout. There are more public hot tubs on the Fantasy than the Wish. Even if the two hot tubs on the main pool deck of the Fantasy end up being kid soup haha.
The Hero Zone is an inside recreational space much like the SeaPlex but the Seaplex is utilized a bit better imo. SeaPlex will have bumper cars, roller skating, inflatable laser tag, corn hole, line dancing, volleyball, basketball, etc. The Hero Zone will have a couple of things going on like the Chip In Challenge or IncrediGames. I hope they'll utilize it more in the future.
I really enjoy both lines for different reasons. If I'm looking for a good ole fashioned, quality cruise I'll book RCCL. If I want to be immersed in the IPs I love with fantastic theming and service, DCL is my splurge!

There are more public hot tubs on the Fantasy than the Wish. Even if the two hot tubs on the main pool deck of the Fantasy end up being kid soup haha.
There are no longer any family pool deck hot tubs on the Fantasy, unfortunately. They were replaced with wading pools a few years ago. The two in the adult area are still there, however.

There are no longer any family pool deck hot tubs on the Fantasy, unfortunately. They were replaced with wading pools a few years ago. The two in the adult area are still there, however.
Oh no way! Thanks for the correction! I wasn't aware they did that. It's been a few years since I've been on the Fantasy so that makes sense.

I've been on Odyssey of the Seas and the Wish! The glass you see on the back of the ship are the windows of the Arendelle MDR. You can't really see in or out of them (even in the dining room). I agree with WaDiWo's statement that the Anthem (and therefore Odyssey) feels much more open and streamlined on the inside. You can walk from 270 all the way to the royal theater at the front of the ship. Passing by a majority of the specialty restaurants and bars along the way.
The Wish has many smaller pools with different depths compared to the Fantasy. Not all pools are always open at the same time. The size of the pool deck feels a bit larger with the layout. There are more public hot tubs on the Fantasy than the Wish. Even if the two hot tubs on the main pool deck of the Fantasy end up being kid soup haha.
The Hero Zone is an inside recreational space much like the SeaPlex but the Seaplex is utilized a bit better imo. SeaPlex will have bumper cars, roller skating, inflatable laser tag, corn hole, line dancing, volleyball, basketball, etc. The Hero Zone will have a couple of things going on like the Chip In Challenge or IncrediGames. I hope they'll utilize it more in the future.
I really enjoy both lines for different reasons. If I'm looking for a good ole fashioned, quality cruise I'll book RCCL. If I want to be immersed in the IPs I love with fantastic theming and service, DCL is my splurge!

ok thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!