Country Inn & Suites Calypso Cay or Fairfield at Cypress Palms?

soonermel

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I just registered but have been soaking up all of the great info on this board for weeks in preparation for our May trip to Orlando.

We are trying to decide between the Fairfield at Cypress Palms and the Country Inn & Suites Calypso Cay. They are the same (great!) rate during our travel time, and both seem to have good reviews. Can anyone make any comparisons or comments?

It's just my hubby & me; we're spending 6 nights and plan to visit the Magic Kingdom (1 day), Universal, Islands of Adventure, and the beach. We still have a day open that we haven't scheduled. Are these too far to the Universal parks?

Thanks in advance for any help! :wave2:

From Calypso Cay, it will be about 20-30 minutes to get to Universal, depending on traffic & which road you take. I am not sure where Cypress Palms is. Calypso Cay is in a decent area to get around. It is near Osceola Pkwy & very easy commute to Disney!

We have stayed at the Cypress Palms twice. Last September for 3 nights and then in October 2004 for a week. The In-laws were kind enough to let us use some of their timeshare points so it was super cheap for us. What I like best is the washer and dryer in the room. DD was sick with the flu in 2004 so they really came in handy then. Location for Cypress Palms is great. It's right off of 192. There are a lot of eating possibilities within walking distance and WDW is just a short drive away. We didn't have trouble getting to Universal either, maybe a 2o minute drive.

What's the great rate?

We really enjoyed Calypso Cay last Oct. but when I called for rates for this April, they had gone up dramatically. If there's a bargain being offered, I'd be happy to change our reservation for next week :)

Thanks for the input everyone! Anyone else been to either of these two?

Anne, the great rate is $59 per night. Both of these deals are through Travelzoo. I'm not sure if they are valid for your dates of travel but you may check the website!

Soonermel, the great rate doesn't start till May 1. But THANKS for the quick answer. We really liked Calypso Cay at $59 last year and I'd hoped to book again, but in April the lowest rate is $129! (I wonder if I show up next week and they have empty rooms if they'd consider booking at the May rate. . . .)

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I'm still able to book the Courtyard LBV at Vista Centre for the Travelzoo rate of $59 till the end of April. It looks like there are even suites for $79 on some nights. I just checked this morning, and if you add the promo code TZO, the rates will come up. Otherwise the rates are over $100 a night for this location. This still seems to include breakfast for 2, and kids are half price.

If you find a lower rate for Cntry Inns @ Calypso Cay on amother site, call the hotel directly and ask if they'll match that rate. Part of my trip fell into the 59.00 rate and part did not. I told the clerk that I'd seen a lower rte on Expedia and would I need to make a separate reservation through Expedia for those days to get that rate, and he said no he'd match it because they have to pay other reservation sites a fee if I book that way. Find the lowest rate online, then call the hotel and ask.

Hi Sweet Maxine, thanks for the info about Courtyard - yet another option! We still haven't decided. We have a reservation at Country Inn & Suites but are still considering our other options....

Can't wait! :cloud9:

We're trying to decide between those to as well! Any input's appreciated! :thumbsup2

You might want to look at skyauction.com as I have seen weeks go for less than your rate.

We just got a 2 bedroom at Vacation Village at Parkway for $265 a week all included even the taxes. When you look at auctions for weeks, just remember that there is $195 a week in fees and taxes as well as a $15 (used to be $10) skyauction fee so it's $215 plus your bid. I got a "Ready Set Go" auction for $50 so plus the $215 that is $265 total for 7 nights.

We have used them 7 times and so have several other DISers...Worth a look.

BTW, WELCOME to the DIS! :wave:

Well I hope the Country Inn & Suites are good as we are off there in a weeks time :cool1:

edited to add, at Lake Beuna Vista!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter