Counter Service?

scrappinmom

WDW, DL & DLP - up next ???
Ok so we plan on using mobile ordering if we can ... so best counter service in both parks? I’m thinking Flos for DCA, but not sure for DL? Thinking we need a bfast & dinner option. Basic fare, burgers, chicken wraps etc... no food allergies or special diets. We have reservations at BB one night as well

As a reference our favorite wdw places are Harbor House & Caseys!

Thank you

My favorite counter service restaurants are:

• French Market - ATMOSPHERE! They usually have a couple of soup-in-a-bread-bowl options, a pulled pork sandwich, salads, and a roasted chicken plate. The food is all good there. If you're lucky, there'll be a Dixieland jazz band playing while you eat.
  • Plaza Inn - food is simple and uncomplicated but tastes good & this place always satisfies everybody in our family. Refillable drinks (YAY!).
  • Hungry Bear - mostly the standard burgers & such, but the atmosphere is awesome, especially if you sit on the upper level at a table near the water, so you can watch all of the activity on the Rivers of America.
  • Flo's V-8 Cafe - love the theme'ing here. My kids & DH really like the food. Haven't ever had breakfast here, but I've read here on the DIS that a lot of people like the breakfast options here.
  • Smokejumpers' Grill - similar fare to Hungry Bear. There's a fixings bar where you can load up your burger with all sorts of good stuff. The last time we ate here (about a year ago), we thought the burgers were pretty good.
  • Pacific Wharf Cafe - I really like the clam chowder in a bread bowl here.
  • Little Red Wagon on Main Street - you need to try at least one corn dog from the Little Red Wagon!

DL: I like French Market or Little Red Wagon. I'll still stand by Pizza Planet being decent.

CA: Pacific Wharf is great - it smells so good in there! Also, Award Wieners is a treat.

Pacific Wharf! Now here is what you do... everything comes in a bread bowl, but who can really eat that much bread in one sitting? So this is one where I stand in line to order because at the counter you can ask for the bread on the side SLICED! (mobile ordering doesn't let you add that much of a detailed request). They will take a bread bowl and run it through the slicer machine and put it in a bag or a tray with a lid. Soup will come in a seperate container. Now you can dip you bread in the soup and save some for later snacking in line! Also if you don't want a huge meal, the kids meal sandwich is a good deal (a reasonable lunch sized sandwich, orange, yogurt smoothie and a small drink).

Unfortunately my two favorite DL counter service options do not use mobile ordering at this point, but they're well worth a visit. The Plaza Inn has amazing fried chicken and the French Market has a good variety of options, although none are really burger/chicken wrap type of options. Of those that do use mobile ordering, I like Jolly Holiday (good sandwiches and salads and amazing desserts) and Red Rose Tavern (good burger, flat breads, and fries).

If you like Casey's at MK, then you might want to check out Refreshment Corner (mobile) at DL and Award Wieners (mobile) in DCA. I can't really think of any one place that is like Harbor House the MK, but some options that might have some similar items are Hungry Bear (mobile), Harbor Galley, and Golden Horseshoe (mobile).

One vote for the Ronto Wrap in SWGE! It's not a traditional hot dog, but it's our favorite "hot dog" in the park!
Also agree with the recommendations for Plaza Inn and French Market (especially when the Royal Street Bachelors are playing!). If you eat at Jolly Holiday, get a table on the end by Refreshment Corner so that you can hear the ragtime pianist play.

Last edited:
Unfortunately my two favorite DL counter service options do not use mobile ordering at this point, but they're well worth a visit. The Plaza Inn has amazing fried chicken and the French Market has a good variety of options, although none are really burger/chicken wrap type of options. Of those that do use mobile ordering, I like Jolly Holiday (good sandwiches and salads and amazing desserts) and Red Rose Tavern (good burger, flat breads, and fries).

If you like Casey's at MK, then you might want to check out Refreshment Corner (mobile) at DL and Award Wieners (mobile) in DCA. I can't really think of any one place that is like Harbor House the MK, but some options that might have some similar items are Hungry Bear (mobile), Harbor Galley, and Golden Horseshoe (mobile).
I miss Figments’s food pictures and reviews. I always like when you say whether or not Figment would order something again.

Pacific Wharf! Now here is what you do... everything comes in a bread bowl, but who can really eat that much bread in one sitting? So this is one where I stand in line to order because at the counter you can ask for the bread on the side SLICED! (mobile ordering doesn't let you add that much of a detailed request). They will take a bread bowl and run it through the slicer machine and put it in a bag or a tray with a lid. Soup will come in a seperate container. Now you can dip you bread in the soup and save some for later snacking in line! Also if you don't want a huge meal, the kids meal sandwich is a good deal (a reasonable lunch sized sandwich, orange, yogurt smoothie and a small drink).
Genius. My daughter judges restaurants by the quality of their bread. I like the idea of having it sliced.

My favorites are Flo’s and the Pacific Wharf at DCA and The Jolly Holiday at DL. The Ronto wrap is my favorite food item in the parks right now.

DL
- French Market
- Rancho Del Zocalo (I don't know why this one doesn't get more love. Great location to watch BTMRR and good prices for DL)
- Jolly Holliday

DCA
- Flo's
- Any of the wharf eateries

But...I eat the entire bread bowl. ::yes::

Disneyland Resort has so many great counter service, I totally agree with what's already been shared. I wanted to add Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland if you're looking for burgers and fries, it is way better than it's WDW counterpart and also does a really great breakfast! In DL, I also never miss getting a Disneyland Corn Dog, but don't go to the Little Red Wagon. Stage Door Cafe is next to Golden Horseshoe and there's hardly ever a line. I get a corn dog and fries then take it into Golden Horseshoe and enjoy the show! Finally, if you like Columbia Harbor House, you'll love Harbour Galley in Critter Country. There's also a great little eating area tucked behind it, sitting right by the boats just coming off the drop of Splash Mountain.

In DCA, Flo's is usually my go to but Pacific Wharf is great too.

Rancho Del Zocalo is my favorite counter service restaurant. Great food -- I love their taco salad and enchiladas. There is a water fill up station there too.

I also really like the Craftsman Grill (formerly White Water Snacks) at the Grand Californian. It's usually a nice, quiet atmosphere.

At DCA I like the Paradise Garden Grill if they are doing their Mediterranean menu with skewers (which seems to be less and less these days). I also like Smokejumpers Grill near Soarin'.

My favorites with mobile ordering are Jolly Holiday in DL and Pacific Wharf Cafe. Guess we are soup and sandwich people!

I agree that Paradise Garden Grill is great if they are doing their Mediterranean menu. I tend to avoid Mexican food at Disneyland in general, just because I feel like there are so many better places in SoCal!

Plaza Inn doesn't offer mobile ordering yet, but it is delish and pretty fast. Best fried chicken ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter