Counter service for table service?

LINDATHEPOOH

Mouseketeer
I vaguely remember reading on the internet last year that you could use 2 counter service credits for a table service meal, such as a character meal. Now I can't find that reference anywhere. Has this been discontinued or was I dreaming and was this never an option? This will be our 1st time using the counter service dining plan and I don't want to be making reservations I may eventually have to cancel. Thanks to any help!

year during the "free dining" period Disney allowed you to use a TS for a CS with something additional like a snack credit or some type of merchandise. I have never seen the revers. From the DDP FAQ:

Can I use TS credits for CS meals?

Not generally. During the free dining promotions in August/September, Disney has extended offers to use TS credits for CS meals (plus extras such as snacks, lanyards or merchandise), but such offers are temporary and usually confined to the free dining promotion period. Outside this offer, some (but not all) resort front desks have allowed some (but not all) guests to convert some of their remaining TS credits into CS credits, with the understanding that it is a one for one conversion (no extras such as snacks) and once converted, they cannot be converted back. However, that is not an official part of the Dining Plan, and you may or may not be successful in getting your resort front desk to do this for you.

Can I use two CS credits for a TS meal?
No. There is no way to combine CS credits to "pay for" a TS meal.

Can I exchange CS credits for snacks?

Not usually. However, some eateries which support both CS and snack credits may allow you to use one CS credit for two or three snacks. That's not a standard, though, and may not be consistent either.

I think I know the answer to this (and I believe it is, "NO! How could you even THINK of asking such a question?" :lmao:), but I still have to ask just to see because I'm curious. On the basic DDP, is it allowed to exchange a certain number of your CS credits and get one TS credit for them? I know that there have been reports that they allow you to "downgrade" and turn a TS into a CS, and similar reports that they allow you to get 2 snack credits instead of one CS credit, but what about a certain amount of your CS credits converting to TS credits? Please don't flame me, I just wanted to ask!

We may be planning an OOP lunch at Prime Time, and because of a later arrival on our first night, we may have another extra CS credit left. We were planning to get CS breakfasts with them, but if allowed, we would maybe convert them instead. If not, no problem at all, we could go to BW Bakery for breakfast one day and head over to Captain Cook's for tonga toast another day.

Sorry, but there is no conversion from CS credits to TS credits. There has been, in the past, some offers that allowed conversion of TS credits to CS credits, but never the other way around.

Just so nobody is confused, the two threads on the first page were combined into one thread.

It's your "one stop shopping" on the DisBoards (Side note, I really need to lay off of the "Progressive Insurance" commercials on tv :lmao: )

I vaguely remember reading on the internet last year that you could use 2 counter service credits for a table service meal
I think I know the answer to this (and I believe it is, "NO! How could you even THINK of asking such a question?" ), but I still have to ask just to see because I'm curious. On the basic DDP, is it allowed to exchange a certain number of your CS credits and get one TS credit for them?
No. Absolutely not. Never. Not ever. No exceptions. Doesn't matter how many CS credits the diner would be willing to swap, it cannot be done. Never has been done. I will even dare to predict the future: it never will be done.

While we're combining threads together.... :) I seem to remember a thread where folks put a bunch of numbers together from the menus and came up with an "average value" per TS credit and per CS credit, which showed that if there was a conversion it would be some multiple (higher than 2, I know that much). Does anyone recall that thread? :confused:

No. Absolutely not. Never. Not ever. No exceptions. Doesn't matter how many CS credits the diner would be willing to swap, it cannot be done. Never has been done. I will even dare to predict the future: it never will be done.

I figured that was the answer and that I had a lot of nerve to even ask...but I was curious. Predicting the future...I believe you are correct!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter