counter service breakfast and childrens meals?

phi2012

Mouseketeer
Am looking at the options for breakfasts whilst we are at Disney in June and although we are on the dining plan we will be using most of our table service meal and counter service meals for lunches and dinners to make the most of the cost. We will however have a couple of day worth of counter service left over from the days we head to seaworld etc so was thinking of using them on a bounty platter from one of the resort counter service restaurants.

My question is this, we will also have our 4 year old and 23 month old and therefore have 1 Childrens credit available for each of the extra days. But not all the restaurants have Childrens breakfast options, in these cases do they get to choose an adult breakfast meal? I know that at lunch they do a kids meal but we obviously don't want chicken and chips at 8 in the morning so wondered what Disney did. Do they give a smaller portion size, Do they still just take the Childs credit and not an adult one as I don't want to waste extra credits needlessly. It may just be easier to go to one of the restaurants with a kids meal, but we kinda just wanted to leave our counter service options open a little bit, especially as you have to book so much in advance for dinners etc. The counter service we were thinking were either captain cooks, gasparilla grill and games, contempo cafe, or wolfgang puck express.

any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

If a CS restaurant has no child's menu (there are actually very few that don't and I think all the ones you listed actually do) then the child's credit is used to order off the regular menu.

That's what I thought :thumbsup2 thank you. the contemporary cafe and Wolfgang puck express both don't seem to do a child menu on allears (can't seem to find one anywhere else either but could just be being silly :) ).

Another question people might be able to answer is whether the roaring forks at wilderness lodge is still doing the waffles with all the great toppings like bananas fosters etc, and if when ordering the Childs size if it's just one Mickey waffle or two and whether they get the choice of topping as well. Thanks :thumbsup2.

The Contempo Cafe definitely has a children's menu :). We eat there a lot when we're there. For breakfast I believe they have a children's Bounty platter, Mickey waffles, eggs, etc. They pretty much have all the normal stuff you'd see at most of the other CS places in other resorts. :goodvibes

Thanks, I wonder why allears isn't showing it. The website has been a bit poor with certain restaurants and updated etc recently.

Ah well at least that's another one I know for definite. :) Any ideas on wgp express or roaring fork? Thanks :thumbsup2

The children's Mickey waffles at Contempo are horrible :sick: they are multigrain I think but they were truly grim.

The adult banana waffle was yummy though :thumbsup2

phi2012 said:
Thanks, I wonder why allears isn't showing it. The website has been a bit poor with certain restaurants and updated etc recently.

Ah well at least that's another one I know for definite. :) Any ideas on wgp express or roaring fork? Thanks :thumbsup2

The kids choices are on the main menu's at the bottom, hard to notice them and not much choice!

The kids choices are on the main menu's at the bottom, hard to notice them and not much choice!

They have the kids main meal choices at thE contempo cafe just not the kids breakfast as far as I can see but as I said I could be being really really silly, I have been pouring over loads and loads of different menus so keep getting myself confused. :rotfl:

I think I will just assume most places do have a kids choice and just go by the menus that sound the best. I really like the look of the waffles at roaring fork though, mmm sugar overload :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter