Countdown til We Attack the World!6/5-6/10 *Less than 12 hours,time to lock 'er up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time we ate at Yachtsman in 2005 we didn't like it, so it took a couple of years for us to go back. My friend RAVED about her meal there, so we gave it another shot in 2008. It was great! We went twice last August, and again, it was great. December, eh, it was OK.

I always order the filet medium well. I like it very pale pink in the middle. In December my filet was overcooked, DH's steak was almost rare in spots and cooked through in other spots. Now, like I said before, they changed chefs between our trips. Also, in December it was like 9 PM before we were seated (that was our choice - long story). We NEVER eat that late - we are more 6:30 - 7 PM dinner people. So maybe the kitchen was just not on their game, maybe the new chef was still REALLY new, no telling. After we got home I e-mailed the Unofficial Guide folks and they said there were multiple stories like ours from that first week of December. Hopefully it was just a bad patch for the restaurant and they will be fine when we go next month! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your insight on Yachtsman. I hope it was a rough patch too, and that we'll be smooth sailin! It's funny you mention the time, because we do tend to eat at like 8:30 normally, and sometimes in certain restaurants that CAN determine how your meal goes. Sometimes I feel like the kitchen can get tired and just done by the end of the night. Of course, that's not how it should be...I'm glad we have a 6:45 adr! :rotfl::rotfl:

WOW all of your ADR selections sounds amazing!! you are making me hungry:) you have 11 days girls!! I bet you are getting so excited:) i am also trying yak and yeti for the first time in sept-- you are going to have to let me know how that is I love 50's prime time, and you are going to have to let me know how narcoossees is too-- i want to eat there so bad sometime just haven't gotten around to it yet! Now i am drooling and wanting disney food instead of my healthy spinach and mashed potatoes for dinner LOL!!

Hi mama!!!!!!!!!!! I know 11 days!!! We can't WAIT for Yak and Yeti! I keep thinking of all our ADRs and drooling too!!! I've been watching my calories so closely though it's gonna be a big change! I'm just going to eat small portions. It's too much food to try to finish everything. Luckily the way we have our meals spaced out (and the credits) we aren't constantly eating. I could literally NEVER imagine doing DxDDP and having 3 sit down meals a day. JMHO but I could never do that. It's going to be a big change to have 2 sit downs a day, since we're used to the regular DDP. 50s PT will hopefully be a good time. I'm also excited because they have the Tune-In lounge and that means a cocktail for meeee!! :thumbsup2 Narcoossee's is another one we're really looking forward to, so I'll be sure to keep you fully updated!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Our Yachtsman ADR is 7 PM on 6/8, so you'll probably be seated just ahead of us. :) Of course we won't let them seat us unless Ricardo has an open table, so sometimes we end up waiting past our ADR.

We have been to Yak & Yeti for dinner on 2 previous trips, and we're going back again. We like it.

We have been to Narcoosee's twice. We are skipping it this year because we prefer Citrico's.

Our Yachtsman ADR is 7 PM on 6/8, so you'll probably be seated just ahead of us. :) Of course we won't let them seat us unless Ricardo has an open table, so sometimes we end up waiting past our ADR.

We have been to Yak & Yeti for dinner on 2 previous trips, and we're going back again. We like it.

We have been to Narcoosee's twice. We are skipping it this year because we prefer Citrico's.

Hmmm Ricardo you say...Lol. DH and I tend to have THE worst luck with servers so I'm sure we WON'T get him :rotfl: Well I'll be keeping an eye out for you and your dashing family!! I'll just wave though, I won't embarrass your poor DS. Or his shelves. :rotfl:

YAY so glad you liked Yak and Yeti! I have yet to read a bad review of that place. We're psyched!

We've always wanted to dine in the that special little building! And now I'm double excited because we have a little meet and greet with DIS girl iheartpluto!!!!! YAY!!!! :yay::thumbsup2

Hmmm Ricardo you say...Lol. DH and I tend to have THE worst luck with servers so I'm sure we WON'T get him :rotfl: Well I'll be keeping an eye out for you and your dashing family!! I'll just wave though, I won't embarrass your poor DS. Or his shelves. :rotfl:

YAY so glad you liked Yak and Yeti! I have yet to read a bad review of that place. We're psyched!

We've always wanted to dine in the that special little building! And now I'm double excited because we have a little meet and greet with DIS girl iheartpluto!!!!! YAY!!!! :yay::thumbsup2

:banana: YAY!! I'm so excited for our meet and greet! And it was totally unplanned!! (well, at first it was...) :lmao:

You should absolutely come over and say hello if you see us!! :yay:

We love Ricardo! :love: He keeps a little notebook of when his repeat customers will be back. I have his e-mail address, so I contact him beforehand to make sure he will be working the nights we will be at Yachtsman. I have told the manager in person and in a letter how very much we enjoy our visits because of Ricardo. He is a delight!

We have a couple of servers at Flying Fish that we really like, too, but neither one was there in December. The boy at the podium didn't speak English very well, so I wasn't clear on whether neither one was working THAT NIGHT or if neither of them worked there ANYMORE. Guess we'll find out soon enough! :rotfl2:

You should absolutely come over and say hello if you see us!! :yay:

We love Ricardo! :love: He keeps a little notebook of when his repeat customers will be back. I have his e-mail address, so I contact him beforehand to make sure he will be working the nights we will be at Yachtsman. I have told the manager in person and in a letter how very much we enjoy our visits because of Ricardo. He is a delight!

We have a couple of servers at Flying Fish that we really like, too, but neither one was there in December. The boy at the podium didn't speak English very well, so I wasn't clear on whether neither one was working THAT NIGHT or if neither of them worked there ANYMORE. Guess we'll find out soon enough! :rotfl2:

how am I just seeing this?

That's so cool that you have such a tight relationship with Ricardo!! He must love you guys!!

I can't wait to hear about Flying Fish, I could read a million reviews of that place and not get tired of it! :goodvibes

I think Ricardo has been at WDW for like 20 years. He has business cards with his e-mail that he gives to his customers so they can plan their ADRs. So, it isn't just ME with his e-mail, although it would be nice to be that special! :rotfl2:

The past 2 years we had my birthday cake at Flying Fish and they bent over backwards to make our dinner special. In December we were just having dinner, so they didn't go out of their way with special touches BUT it was still nice. :)

I think Ricardo has been at WDW for like 20 years. He has business cards with his e-mail that he gives to his customers so they can plan their ADRs. So, it isn't just ME with his e-mail, although it would be nice to be that special! :rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao:

I'm seriously THE blondest person on planet Earth!!!! :rotfl2:

I am blonde, too. And tomorrow I'll be even BLONDER! Headed to the salon for my pre-WDW color. I don't want to be mousey for the Mouse. ;)

Nice!!! I'm going the day before we leave. Actually, the day you guys arrive! DH is going tomorrow. He actually has sprouted WINGS himself. His hair is SOOOO long! I don't think he's had it cut since the holidays!!! :eek::scared1: There's little I can do about that. But tomorrow the wings go bye bye. :rotfl:

Nice!!! I'm going the day before we leave. Actually, the day you guys arrive! DH is going tomorrow. He actually has sprouted WINGS himself. His hair is SOOOO long! I don't think he's had it cut since the holidays!!! :eek::scared1: There's little I can do about that. But tomorrow the wings go bye bye. :rotfl:

Despite his hair being shorter, DS is still trying to stick the sides out. :rolleyes: I told him I will absolutely take him back to the salon and have it cut even shorter if he doesn't stop.

DS's hair grows SO fast. Sometimes he goes for about 8 weeks without getting it cut, but then he looks goofy. It doesn't really get longer, it gets thicker.

DH doesn't have enough hair to cut - he trims it himself. Unfortunately he got hit in the head with part of a display at work the other day and now he has a big mark. I hope it heals over the next 6 days. If he sunburns it he will be in tremendous pain!

Despite his hair being shorter, DS is still trying to stick the sides out. :rolleyes: I told him I will absolutely take him back to the salon and have it cut even shorter if he doesn't stop.

DS's hair grows SO fast. Sometimes he goes for about 8 weeks without getting it cut, but then he looks goofy. It doesn't really get longer, it gets thicker.

DH doesn't have enough hair to cut - he trims it himself. Unfortunately he got hit in the head with part of a display at work the other day and now he has a big mark. I hope it heals over the next 6 days. If he sunburns it he will be in tremendous pain!

Ouch ouch ouch!! Poor him!! I hope that heals up for him too!!

So update on my DH's haircut....It's adorable!! LOVES it!!! :thumbsup2

You'll be in WDW in a week!!!! And dinner at Narcoossee's is the day after that!! Yaaayyyyy!!!!!!!! :)

4 DAYS!!!!! WOOHOO!!! Is it crazy to say I'm already hungry?? :rotfl:I've been so strict on my "Diet for Disney" that I'm freakin ready to eat!!!! :rotfl:

Back to work today!

I was kind of diggin' the 3 day weekend. But my next few days at work are going to be BUSY, so hopefully the time will pass quickly!

4 DAYS!!!!! WOOHOO!!! Is it crazy to say I'm already hungry?? :rotfl:I've been so strict on my "Diet for Disney" that I'm freakin ready to eat!!!! :rotfl:

Back to work today!

WOW!!! You're trip is in a few days!!! :cool1: I'm so freakin excited for you...well I more excited about the food you'll be consuming and reporting back for us! :lmao:

But you're gonna have an awesome time!!

Are you all ready to go??? Any last minute things to do?

WOW!!! You're trip is in a few days!!! :cool1: I'm so freakin excited for you...well I more excited about the food you'll be consuming and reporting back for us! :lmao:

But you're gonna have an awesome time!!

Are you all ready to go??? Any last minute things to do?

Hi, I'm Allegra, and I'm a chronic last minute packer. :rotfl::rotfl:

Well, we took the suitcases out! That's something!

Yeah....We have to pack. Luckily we were able to do our massive CVS list on Monday. Tomorrow I will start to pack! I swear! :thumbsup2

Hi, I'm Allegra, and I'm a chronic last minute packer. :rotfl::rotfl:

Well, we took the suitcases out! That's something!

Yeah....We have to pack. Luckily we were able to do our massive CVS list on Monday. Tomorrow I will start to pack! I swear! :thumbsup2

:wave2: Nice to meet you; dilly-dallier packer here as well!!! :rotfl2:

Usually about a day or two before we leave on a big trip is when I start packing...if I pack an earlier, I'll go, "Hmm, did I pack this?", then have to search through my nicely packed luggage to see if it's in there, to find that I did in fact pack it...way on the bottom...So, it's fresher in my mind if I pack as close as I can to departure date! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter