Countdown Calendar Ideas??

brisus

Mouseketeer
So I am going to POP in 66 days! I can't wait! Does anyone have any creative ideas of how I might be able to make a countdown calendar, maybe something where you could rip off the days or something like that. I would appreciate any good ideas. Thank you so much!

I'm not really sure, but you could just make what you said - a wall count down calendar where you stack a whole bunch of little square papers and staple them onto some heavier poster paper and decorate the poster paper.

Or you could use a little chalk board and just write the count down days on that.

Or what I'm doing is I bought some of the Disney advent calendars for cheap after Christmas and am using those a count down calendars, counting backwards from 25 to 1.
You could even make an advent type calendar yourself (with pictures, not chocolate), where you open a door every day counting down to day 1 being the day you leave...

We usually use a basic countdown chain. I know of someone who marked days off a pad of "post-it" notes.

This is what we've done for our past several trips:

KarateCountdownMisc065.jpg

How did you get the script on that poster board?

You can google "waltograph" and you'll get to a site that lets you download the font. You have to unzip the download and install the font. Try, and if you get stuck, pm me (as I may not find this thread again), and I'll try to work through what I did to get the disney font. It's been a while, so I don't remember exactly. Perhaps someone else can help with the unzip / download process. :confused3

We made a chain(like the ones kids bring home from school to count down to christmas) we colored each piece of paper with markers and glued them together and DS's take one off each night. You could use colored paper instead if you would rather.

I bought Disney themed calendars for my niece and nephew when they were 1/2 off in January....then numbered down the days with colored pens and decorated the week we're in Disney with Disney stickers I bought at Walmart.

Now the kids know exactly how many days til their trip!

PM me and I will send you mine.

It's a calender with clipart in it.. just print it out...then have the kids put a X through each day.

I made a calendar with the dates the size of a wallet photo. Then we chose a photo from a prior trip to cover up the date each night.

DSC03231.jpg

Anybody know of how I could put a countdown on my desktop or home page, sorta like the tickerfactory one. I tried the tickerfactory but couldn't put it on the desktop.

We have been planning for quite a while and have a Home Depot near by. We cut out Mickey heads for every week, up until 60 days and from that point did days and numbered them, every week that goes by we pull another head from the wall. The last day is above the "Disney Box" (stuff that we bought for the trip like our costumes for MNSSHP).

We always put a countdown on our computer screen. We go to the Windows control panel and choose the scrolling text screensaver. Then we choose either a plain white or black or yellow background with bold red letters stating "97 days until Disney World!!!" or something similar. The letters can either scroll fast or slow or even bounce around. We do have to go in and manually change the numbers each day, but the kids enjoy doing this. So whenever your computer is idle the screensaver scrolls the countdown. :thumbsup2

Thanks "DisneyDrew24". I'll have to try that tonite, if I can ever pull myself off disboards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter