Couldn't get Cindy's

newmousecateer

Babcia Extraordinaire/B-Elder YaYa
I really want to take DIL and granddaughter to the breakfast, but couldn't get the ressies for any day the week of Sept. 21st. But since the main thing granddaughter is interested in is being able to go into the castle, I got ressies for the Royal Table. Is it fun? What kind of food do they serve? Is it sit down or buffet?

Thanks in advance for the info.

They might like the Princess breakfast in Norway. That was really nice and I know my daughter enjoyed it. I believe there was Mulan, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine and Belle. Very nice and different having characters with faces. PS - He won't admit it but I think my 13 yr DS enjoyed it as well!!!!!!!

All other meals at Cindy's (lunch and dinner) are sit down meals with a menu. Check out www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm to find the Cindy's lunch and dinner menus. There are no characters at lunch or dinner howevery Cindy or other characters may be in the castle at that time but no guarantees. I haven't eaten at CRT in a while, last time I was there it was still called King Stefan's. It was pretty cool to eat in the castle. You might want to request a window table when you check in at the podium.

I would keep trying to get CRT if I were you. Many people end up with multiple reservations because they have more than one person trying for the PS and then they have to cancel. There could be other reasons they might have to cancel too. So just keep trying, you may still be able to get in!
DJ

We'll be there the week of 9/23! Hope to see you wearing your lime green ribbon! :) (Folks who use Disboards wear those to recognize each other- never have seen one but I'll be sporting mine on my camera! :))
We LOVE eating at the Royal table and have made it a tradition to do so the first day we're there. We stick to the lunch menu and it stategically puts us in the heart of Fantasyland right after lunch so we can hit that side of the parks. We found the food to be great and the servers are wonderful. We have been lucky and seen both Cinderella and Prince Charming while we were there- they don't stop at each table but they do wave and will pose for a picture if you happen to be walking right past. The fun part is waiting down in the lobby of the castle. There is a knight in shining armor and a large throne chair- it's quite fun to take pictures of the kids in/around these.
Because we like their lunch menu so much and prefer to eat breakfast in our room before heading out- we decided against trying for Cindy's- we're doing Norway's Storybook Princess breakfast and your granddaughter might prefer it. There are usually more princesses just no Cinderella- they do typically have Belle, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White- at CRT- you usually get Cindy, Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming and maybe 1 or 2 other princesses. Try for Storybook- I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Tara

So sorry. We're going that week too. I got our's on the 4th day. It sure sells out fast! First day I was on hold for 4 minutes, then CM answered & they were already sold out.

Keep trying! Even after you get to the park. There is a 24 hr cancelation policy & peoples plans do change.

Also, CM told me about a similar meal at Grand Floridian.

I tried for the same week with no luck but realized on the last day that I was better off with the Norway Princess breakfast since more of the 'princesses' are likely to be there ane we are already seeing Cinderella at the Grand Floridian dinner. My only problem now is getting there since we're staying at the WL. If it's the castle you're interested in you might try lunch or dinner but the wonderful CM who I spoke to about the Norway breakfast says that he wouldn't discount 'stopping by' during breakfast to see if they can take you - says he knows a lot of people who are successfull that way!

Good Luck!

DH and I had a late lunch at Cindy's castle last time we were there. Cindy was downstairs in the lobby area on her throne and we took pictures with her. The food and atmosphere was great upstairs in the dining room IMO. I don't think you'll be disappointed with a lunch in the castle!

I understand that you said your granddaughter wants to eat at the castle, but maybe consider Cinderella's gala feast at the Grand Floridian. If seeing Cinderella is a must, this would be another option for you.

I agree with trying everyday for cancellations. Even when you get to the park, I think there is a 48hour cancellation policy, (if I am wrong, please correct me), so then maybe you can still get it!

Can't you still go there and put your name in at the podium? I don't know if they still do that, but they use to. That may be an option, I would call and ask if that is possible. If not, at Grand Floridian, 1900 Park Fare, they have Cinderella, the Fairey Godmother, Prince Charming and 2 mice, Suzy and Pearla. My girls enjoyed that so much. You might think about that if you don't have any luck at the Castle.
Good Luck

I have been more successful hanging up when put on hold and using redial until a CM answers at WDW-DINE. The post above talks about being on "hold" for 4 minutes? Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

Scott

Thank you all so very much for answering!!:D

I also had a friend tell me to keep trying because of cancellations, so I will do that, but as some of you have stated, just dining in the castle, no matter what the meal, is a wonderful experience, so that makes me happy.

Imhall2000.....LOL, lime green ribbons have a permanent place on my luggage, and I will definately be wearing a lime green ribbon while in the parks! I will keep an eye out for you!

WOAH....ok so to clarify, we take almost NOBODY from walking up and asking if there were any cancellations......the cancellations are sometimes released 24 hours in advance, so try calling the dining line about that, cuz I know a LOT more people get in there.....

Don't give up. Things may have changed since our Oct 2002 visit, but we got into Cindy's by walking up and asking for a table right when the park opened...after I had given up all hope. :p That was our magical moment!

I have a reservation for Sept 22 & one for the 24th I have to cancel because we got the day and time we really wanted... so I could coordinate with you on the time I will cancel mine so you may be able to grab it! Anyone ever done this?? e-mail me at Rvalue2@aol.com

Sharon:D

This is a great thread, I was just worrying about getting CRT for my 2yo dd & 2yo dniece! Now, I may check into the option of the meal at the Grand Floridian... ;)

Would love to hear more input! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

newmousecateer,
I just wanted to post my recent experience. We did not get ressies at the 60 day window, so I called several times before we left for our trip. There were no cancellations... After we arrived at WDW, I called several more times. After several days of trying, we were able to snag a reservation for 4! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

-DC :)

Don't give up hope! The last day there we were leaving for the airport and a CM was standing inside the Castle, flagging people down (us included) and asking if we would like to breakfast with "Cindy". Keep trying...what we won't do for our children!!!

Dinner in the castle is magical. We hope to be able to do it again this year too. Try to get a window table when the fireworks are going off. It is wonderful. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter