Could youse guys help me clear this up...?

scotlass

<b><font color=red>Proud Redhead</b><br><font colo
I was posting on a thread about the Oscars last night and I got a Dis warning.:eek:

I was so happy Slumdog was winning i said " Woo-Hoo , Slumdog is kicking _ _ _ "

But i posted as an a then * then an other *.

I only posted it like that for affect.

The word crap was used twice on the same thread and I find that more offensive.

Sorry if this post isnt making any sense but its hard to explain.

Prehaps it was an American moderator who picked it up and figured one word is worse than the other. I don't personally think it is.

Personally I think that the dis warnings are stupid, they are dished out when they aren't really necessary. just a simple deletion and a pm to say please don't use that word again. I thought all "bad" words were meant to get starred out - like this ***

There is a filter system on the DIS that will asterisk words out that they find to be unsuitable. This is an American based website, so words we may find OK, they don't, and I know quite a few words that are allowed on here that we would probably find unsuitable

Don't try to get round the filter system either, or the Moderators will issue infractions. Here's the guidelines for anyone who hasn't read them before

http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

I have used c.u.s. ( without the full stops) as an abreviation of because and have no idea why that's not allowed.

I have used c.u.s. ( without the full stops) as an abreviation of because and have no idea why that's not allowed.

That one confused me to ?

I use c.o.s ( without the stops ) all the time in writing as a short because,what could it be picked up as ?? :confused3

Personally I think that the dis warnings are stupid, they are dished out when they aren't really necessary. just a simple deletion and a pm to say please don't use that word again. I thought all "bad" words were meant to get starred out - like this ***

I had starred it out myself...altho I actually dont know why !!

My only thot was maybe the Mod saw it starred out and just Issue a warning without actually looking at the word.

Just to clarify this point, A dis warning is simply that, as you have stated, a warning to please not do it again, no points are issued with a warning, and it is normally attached with a small note of explanation of why the post has been edited. Nobody apart from the poster that has been issued the warning can see it either. Its exactly the same as a pm to say the the post has been edited/deleted:)

I had starred it out myself...altho I actually dont know why !!

My only thot was maybe the Mod saw it starred out and just Issue a warning without actually looking at the word.

I believe that the warning was issued because you starred out the word yourself, hence like Mandy explained trying to get around the word filter, it is always best to put in the full word and wait and see if the word filter kicks in itself, which it should do if the word is not allowed on the dis.:)

I believe that the warning was issued because you starred out the word yourself, hence like Mandy explained trying to get around the word filter, it is always best to put in the full word and wait and see if the word filter kicks in itself, which it should do if the word is not allowed on the dis.:)

Hey thats cool.

Roolz is Roolz....:thumbsup2

But can youse help with the c.o.s bit.

Every time i do it i sit and wonder why....usually for a very long time.

Sad but true.:laughing:

Hey thats cool.

Roolz is Roolz....:thumbsup2

But can youse help with the c.o.s bit.

Every time i do it i sit and wonder why....usually for a very long time.

Sad but true.:laughing:

To be honest, I have no idea on this one,:rotfl2: but it must be in the filter for reasons that I dont know, however you have set me a challange to find out and I will see what I can do:)

To be honest, I have no idea on this one,:rotfl2: but it must be in the filter for reasons that I dont know, however you have set me a challange to find out and I will see what I can do:)

LOL, me and Tony were just PMing about that one a few minutes ago. We both did google searches and couldn't figure that one out :confused3 :rotfl2:

LOL, me and Tony were just PMing about that one a few minutes ago. We both did google searches and couldn't figure that one out :confused3 :rotfl2:

I also tried that a while ago and am none the wiser now. Although I will add that I find the word 'because' a much better alternative.

Claire ;)

C.U.S can be used as another word for swearing in America.

C.O.S- I put into Urban Dictionary, it has a few dodgy meanings, but none in common usage I don't think.

There is a filter system on the DIS that will asterisk words out that they find to be unsuitable. This is an American based website, so words we may find OK, they don't, and I know quite a few words that are allowed on here that we would probably find unsuitable

Don't try to get round the filter system either, or the Moderators will issue infractions. Here's the guidelines for anyone who hasn't read them before

http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

Even inocent words can be *** out, same as laugh, I was trying to tell some one about something and posted it so they could go to the web site, I got points! I was gob smacked and felt stupid, and like a 12 yo, I think it is good they actually warned you, I done it very inncocently but :rolleyes1 I read the rules after that.

the c.o.s gets starred out because last july time there were a lot of bannings from the US boards because of a site that they were using to bad mouth the dis and members of it, the c.o.s is the abbreviated name of it and the US mods banned the abbreviated name too. They don't use c.o.s on the US boards as they usually say cause or because.

HTH

i have always wandered why that gets starred out :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter