Could WDW bridge the gap between the Skyliner and Monorail station at Epcot?

Seabean

Mouseketeer
Perhaps this has been asked before, but I’ll give it a try...

Does anyone else feel like there’s now the “Skyliner bubble” and the “Monorail bubble”?

And does anyone ever wish there could be a way to bridge the two and get from the International Gateway Skyliner station to the Epcot monorail station without needing Epcot tickets?

(This would make it possible to get from say, Pop Century to the Contemporary without a bus)

How could this be done? Run an overhead walkway between the two Epcot stations? A short Skyliner spur between them? What? Has Disney said anything about this?

Interesting question but I really doubt there is a convincing case for it. What would corporate Disney see as a benefit to construction such a link?

I really want to see them expand the Skyliner to AK and Springs more than connect the two together.
Springs might be doable; it's fairly close to Riviera and CBR.
AK is square on the other side of property, and it'd take a lot of mileage and time on the Skyliner to even get there. I highly doubt that will ever happen, sadly.

If they were going to do this , they would have set it up that way from the beginning.
Now actually, the back of AK would be closer. I can see WDW expanding the Skyliner but NEVER the monorail

Perhaps this has been asked before, but I’ll give it a try...

Does anyone else feel like there’s now the “Skyliner bubble” and the “Monorail bubble”?

And does anyone ever wish there could be a way to bridge the two and get from the International Gateway Skyliner station to the Epcot monorail station without needing Epcot tickets?

(This would make it possible to get from say, Pop Century to the Contemporary without a bus)

How could this be done? Run an overhead walkway between the two Epcot stations? A short Skyliner spur between them? What? Has Disney said anything about this?

It would involve going through or over backstage areas.

Disney doesn't currently offer transportation from the International Gateway to the main entrance. Disney is reducing not increasing amenities.

The chance of this is near zero. Replacing the TTC to EPCOT monorail with skyliner and bus is more likely, but low

It would involve going through or over backstage areas.
Well, it does that now. They could put a station next to the Beach Club and then a through station near the front of the park and run a line to Coronado or French Quarter. Could do another line from Coronado to back of Animal Kingdom. But that’s a lot of expense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter