Could D Springs opening possibly 4 15 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiki02

DIS Veteran
If all improves, can the individual retailers decide their opening ? in line with city ruling of course...

We haven't even begun to flatten the curve. Things are going to continue to get worse. I cannot imagine they will open at all in April and May is probably not realistic either.

Where is the data that shows that?
By definition, there's not reliable data for "what could have been," but I know the ramping up of the virus in the Memphis area has been greatly slowed by all the distancing.

I'm willing to debate whether or not there's any real wisdom in what we're doing, but I do believe it's working. If for nothing else, it has given us some time to show that the HCQ drugs are working - before the whole nation turns into NYC.

I saw an article today that the SF area is starting to see the results of the social distencing and stay at home stuff. Of course they were also one of the first to implement things but that is a good sign for the rest of us.

The curve is not yet flattened, that takes time. But I've read several articles that social distancing(only where people are doing it right of course. Florida is great example of doing it he wrong way) is starting to show a positive affect on the number of new infections. There is an end to this in sight in the next few months. I'm shocked at the number of people on this forums who literally think the world is ending

I'm shocked at the number of people on this forums who literally think the world is ending

I am not. For a lot of people who have lost their jobs and can’t get through to sign up for unemployment, and keep hearing that the shutdowns may last months when their unemployment may only last weeks, their world has already ended. Think for a moment about the people who make your vacations special, and how many of them do literally live paycheck to paycheck. There is a group of people here on the DIS who are financially privileged, taking multiple on property WDW trips every year, and think having to use a different brand of tp is the worst aspect of the economic end of this. I am shocked by the number of people who think the economic aspects of this crisis aren’t important, that it will all be ok in a year or two. I know a lot of people who don’t have a year or two to wait. I see friends and neighbors having to ration food because there isn’t anything in the stores. I see the ones who have lost their jobs trying to get enough at food banks to feed their families I see people grateful that the utilities aren’t shut off because they can’t pay, but wondering what will happen when things “get back to normal” and they still don’t have a job. Then there are people like me, who have a job now, but wake up every day expecting to get an email that it’s over because there aren’t any more customers as the joblessness works up the chain. People may think it’s an exaggeration, but there have been many articles about the increase in gun sales, and there’s no way that has a good ending.

I understand all about what is required for health reasons, but it makes me angry when people just dismiss the economic aspect as something to deal with in the far future. Some people don’t have the luxury of waiting.

The curve is not yet flattened, that takes time. But I've read several articles that social distancing(only where people are doing it right of course. Florida is great example of doing it he wrong way) is starting to show a positive affect on the number of new infections. There is an end to this in sight in the next few months. I'm shocked at the number of people on this forums who literally think the world is ending
The is an end in sight for the current outbreak, or at least massively reduced numbers. Currently there is not really a known end in sight for social distancing though. Hopefully, one of the drugs out there will show real effectiveness, we get widespread rapid testing, and automatic contact tracing/warning. If all that happens, things will start to return to normal. If that doesn't happen we'll all be in our hidie holes for quite a while.

I for one am hopeful those things will happen. I also am hoping that we will skip Phase 2 testing on the more promising vaccines and go straight into phase 3 to save 4 or 5 months. I think the risk/reward analysis will clearly show the risks are worth the potential rewards. The standard FDA process though is (rightfully) very much designed to minimizing risk to test subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!