Costco travel question

mackaylc

Mouseketeer
We booked two nights at Cabana Bay through Costco Travel. We are thinking about upgrading our stay. Do you know whether we have to do that through Costco travel or if we can contact Universal directly?

Interested in the answer to your question. Just joined Costco and looking at staying at universal more on the future.

I found in the past when I booked through a 3rd party (i.e. either not through Universal's or Leow's websites) they could not update our booking and told us we'd need to do it through where we booked.

You would have to make any changes (if allowed, check terms) through Costco... they are your reservation holder since booked through them. Costco hotel choices are limited for Universal...if want deluxe they usually only offer Portfino Bay.

You would need to go through Costco Travel - you should be able to see your terms in the email that you received from them. We used Costco to book our August trip, so I just checked for you, and this is what my paperwork states:

Under: Costco Travel Terms and Conditions
REVISIONS AND CANCELLATIONS – Should you need to change or cancel your reservation, or any information provided as part of the reservation, please call Costco Travel as soon as possible. Revisions, cancellations, and refund policies vary by airline, cruise line, hotel, and other suppliers. In all instances, no-shows are nonrefundable.

This is pretty typical for travel agents - I have nothing but good things to say about Costco. We have previously only use Costco Travel for car rentals (by far the best rates/policies around.) We are hoping that this trip is as good.

greg9x is correct - the only Premier resort that Costco has listed is Portofino. We considered the Royal Pacific, until we saw the cost of our package through Costco; the savings more than covered the cost of our flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter