Costco- Those that have booked

mum of two pirates

This is how I cook
I just tried to make my last payment and disney would not take it from them. Becouse of thier new no kickbacks policy. Even thoe I had booked the first week when the 2006 dates came out. Costco has been Aurg. with them that they had a contrack with disney when I booked and they need to hold to that contract now not the new one. Well disney won't and I told costco I didn't have the extra money. ( I just didn't want that big of a costco gift card) So costco is sending disney a check for the difference, Then disney will take my last payment after they get the check from costco. At least costco is holding to there part of the contract with me. GOOOOOOOO Costco.

That is so strange. I had no problems last month when I made my final payment to Costco.

I thought DCL's new policy applied to any new reservations made after April 1 and not existing ones?

I agree with Renee that is strange. I have my sept cruise booked with them and I paid it off after April 1st and Disney honored my price without a problem

I aggree with the others that was totally weird. I booked mine this past february and they took my payments with no problem. I just paid it of on july 1st. :confused3

But Costco is fixing itand I don't have to worry about it, Ya right untill I get something that says it is paid in full.

I just made my final payment a couple of weeks ago for our Oct cruise.
There was no problem however I am not very pleased with Costco overall.
I have not received any of the excursion information that is usually mailed by the 90 day window. I wonder if there will be problems with the final cruise docs...We usually book with DU, I have learned my lesson that sometimes cheaper is not always better.

Jandreas said:
I just made my final payment a couple of weeks ago for our Oct cruise.
There was no problem however I am not very pleased with Costco overall.
I have not received any of the excursion information that is usually mailed by the 90 day window. I wonder if there will be problems with the final cruise docs...We usually book with DU, I have learned my lesson that sometimes cheaper is not always better.

Since the excursion stuff is listed in detail on DCLs website, I thought they weren't sending it out anymore. :confused3 At least that's what they told me when I asked.

There should be no problem with getting your cruise docs. The only thing is it will take longer for you to get them since they go from Florida to Seattle and then to wherever you are. I have used Costco twice and never had any problems with them. The only reason I'm not going to use them anymore is because of the new rule that DCL has.

I booked with DU and had problems so I will never use them again. Paying more doesn't always mean you get quality service. I now use someone that is very nice, but of course I can't post her name here because it is a banned name. :confused3

I booked last year and this year with no problems with Costco.

I have just paid for this years cruise in full two weeks ago. Does anyone know when you get the gift card?

Many of the DISers on our 12/9 cruise have received a very nice booklet with the ports, excursions, and lots of other information over the past week. :)

mum of two pirates said:
I just tried to make my last payment and disney would not take it from them. Becouse of thier new no kickbacks policy. Even thoe I had booked the first week when the 2006 dates came out. Costco has been Aurg. with them that they had a contrack with disney when I booked and they need to hold to that contract now not the new one. Well disney won't and I told costco I didn't have the extra money. ( I just didn't want that big of a costco gift card) So costco is sending disney a check for the difference, Then disney will take my last payment after they get the check from costco. At least costco is holding to there part of the contract with me. GOOOOOOOO Costco.

I am sorry but I really don't understand your post...are you saying DCL wants to charge you more than what you and Costco had booked at? Did you try to make the final payment to DCL directly or through Costco? So DCL was asking for extra money and Costco is paying that extra money to DCL? DCL was arguing with Costco about the price difference? :confused3

Sorry, but the post was very confusing to me! I just want to get the facts straight as I am about to pay off my Nov cruise and I am booked with Costco (originally booked on the 14 day panama canal cruise while onboard then switched over to Costo before april 1st and received an additional discount from what DCL was offering).

Yes that is what is happening. I called costco and made my last payment, They put me on hold. Then came back and said they were having trouble with thier computers and would I hold for my conf. number. Sure well after about 15 or so min, they told me that costco would not take my payment becouse they wanted like $300 more for my payment. Costco said (I had my paper in front of me and new what I booked for, what I paid and what I had left to pay) Becouse of Disneys new policy that they were not letting costco give us our costco member discount (basically a kickback) off of the price. So costco is sending them a check for the amount that they want, and then when they apply that to my account, then costco will make my last payment, Then when disney sends costco there TA booking funds-- Costco will get that money back. That is what the supperviser told me from costco. Sorry It is so long.

I'm sorry, but this still does not make any sense. :confused3 Like I said I had no problems when I made my final payment to Costco. You should call Costco back to find out what is going on since you heard that this hasn't happened to others that booked through them. Ask to speak to a supervisor at Costco if you can't get any help. I would also call DCL and ask them why they are denying your final payment throught Costco since you have the price in writing. There has got to be some miscommunication with this somewhere.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter