Costco Annual Pass Gift Card Details

carissawiley

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what kind of restrictions there are on the gift card that is included with the Costco annual pass? I was wondering if they can be used to upgrade the Deluxe pass to the Premium DL pass?
Also, does anyone have information on the activation of the Deluxe pass? Do you have to activate them within a specified amount of time? What is the date that they become active? Is it the date that you purchase them or the date that you first use them?
Thank you!

Hi carissawiley & :welcome: to the DIS!

You can use the $50 gift card that comes with the deluxe annual pass to upgrade it (at least, my son was able to), and you activate the pass at the Disneyland Resort the day you go.

I checked at Costco.com and can't find the annual pass for sale. Did you purchase this at a wharehouse? Is it only available for California residents?

The only thing I saw for sale at my local Costco was the CityPass.

I purchased my annual pass at a Costco warehouse today (in Visalia). They aren't online. I've heard some of the warehouse locations are currently out of them. I am not sure if they are only available in California.

Is it only valid for California residents? They're usually pretty clear about that and you have to show valid ID showing you live in California.

Also how much was it? Maybe we could stop at a Costco once we get to California, but if they're out that could be a problem.

You do not have to be a CA resident to buy the passes - BUT, they are *only* available in CA. We got ours in Feb. when our friends were going to DL and they are $269 - with a $50 gift card (essentially making your AP $219) that can be used just about anywhere in DL. We used ours for food and some merchandise. We held on to our vouchers until we went to DL in late May.

The activation date has recently been changed - to late Oct. I think??? Ours were only available until the end of May - but I read recently that the date was extended.

I bought ours yesterday. They have a "redeem by" date of October 31, 2009. It says nothing about showing California identification. I know that on other places on the disboards, people have said their Costco's are out of stock. We live three hours from Disneyland, so ours had plenty available. We are planning on using the giftcard to upgrade the Deluxe pass to the Premium pass. The deluxe pass has a lot of Saturdays blacked out.

To further confirm, the are only available at SO CAL Costco's, we do not have them up here in the Great White North. LOL Yes, you can upgrade them to the Premium APs, we did and had no problems at all. We used our $50 gift cards towards the upgrades and some other gift cards we had, out of pocket we spent $104 for 4 upgraded APs!!! Your best bet is to call some of the So Cal Costco's and see if they have them in stock, then you know where to stop on your way to DL, or where to go if you're flying into the LA area. :)

We flew into SNA (Orange Co) and purchased our AP at the Tustin Costco. Very quick and easy!

You do not have to be a CA resident to buy the passes - BUT, they are *only* available in CA. We got ours in Feb. when our friends were going to DL and they are $269 - with a $50 gift card (essentially making your AP $219) that can be used just about anywhere in DL. We used ours for food and some merchandise. We held on to our vouchers until we went to DL in late May.

The activation date has recently been changed - to late Oct. I think??? Ours were only available until the end of May - but I read recently that the date was extended.

I'm confused is this for a regular So. calif annual pass with 220 pre select days?

heres what the the disneyland site says

So Calif AP $144 for 175 pre select days
So Calif AP $194 for 220 pre select days

Delux AP $289 for 315 pre select days
Premium AP $429 no blockout dates

so what is the pass everyon is talking about ?

I'm confused is this for a regular So. calif annual pass with 220 pre select days?

heres what the the disneyland site says

So Calif AP $144 for 175 pre select days
So Calif AP $194 for 220 pre select days

Delux AP $289 for 315 pre select days
Premium AP $429 no blockout dates

so what is the pass everyon is talking about ?

it was the deluxe pass. It is no longer available at costco

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!