Costa Rica ABD gluten free?

stout

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about doing the Costa Rica ABD trip in 2024. DD has celiac and I am always on high alert when someone else is preparing her food. I would love to hear from someone who has done this trip as strictly gluten free, either themselves or a family member. We did the Southern California ABD last year, which was fine, as it was largely Disneyland, but I was nervous at Tam O’Shanter (which ended up delicious and gluten free). Thank you!

I have traveled several times to CR with my famiy and eat gluten free foods. However, because Costa Rica uses primarily organic products, I actually ate bread, rolls and pancakes with zero issues!

I have traveled several times to CR with my famiy and eat gluten free foods. However, because Costa Rica uses primarily organic products, I actually ate bread, rolls and pancakes with zero issues!

What flour do they use for bread and pancakes there?

Celiac has nothing to do with whether they use organic products or not, it just has to do with whether there is gluten in the grain to start with. (My sister has celiac, so I know a fair amount about it.)

While I can't speak to Costa Rica specifically, one of my friends with celiac was just on an ABD in Italy and didn't have any issues. ABD was very accommodating to her. Just has they have been on our 2 European ABDs for peanut, tree nut and shell fish allergies.

Celiac has nothing to do with whether they use organic products or not, it just has to do with whether there is gluten in the grain to start with. (My sister has celiac, so I know a fair amount about it.)

While I can't speak to Costa Rica specifically, one of my friends with celiac was just on an ABD in Italy and didn't have any issues. ABD was very accommodating to her. Just has they have been on our 2 European ABDs for peanut, tree nut and shell fish allergies.
I feel like considering how grain-heavy Italian cuisine is that's especially impressive.

There is a very high prevalence, and as a consequence awareness, of celiac disease in Italy.
Oh wow, I had no idea there was a high prevalence of celiac in Italy. Definitely a "learn something new every day" moment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter