Costa Maya Food suggestions?

I will tell you where NOT to go. Carlos & Charlies at the port. We had one large margarita in a souvenir cup, a large sprite, 1 bottled beer, some chips and cheese dip. The bill came to $54 without tip. The chips and small bowl of melted cheese dip were OK, but not worth the $16 they charged for it.

WOW! Thanks for the tip!

The margarita in the tall souvenir cup was like $19.95. The chips & Cheese was $15.99, that left $18 for a bottle of beer and a large sprite.

I emailed Steve this morning and heard back within an hour! We are all set! So helpful about where to go to get a taxi! I'm a bit nervous having to deal with locals pushing sales & taxi rides on visitors. We had this is Nassau and I didn't like it much! But Steve gave me great advice on we're to go and what to say to who! Can't wait!

Now...you MUST bookmark this thread, come back after your cruise, and post how well you enjoyed Tropicante!:)

Photos too, would be an added plus.;)

TXDCLfan said:
Very interesting:)

They were selling it in bags on the side of the road everywhere. I guess I could make my own. But it ain't a fresh pineapple with Mexican cayenne....

Some things are only worth getting when you are really there!

Only one comment suggesting Maya Chan? Uh oh. A few months ago we debated about what to do in Costa Maya. Decision was between Maya Chan and Tropicante. Decided to go with Maya Chan. Now I am wondering...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter