Cost to upgrade to "Golden Forest" rooms makes no sense? How can it be right?

dazzling

Mouseketeer
Hopefully that title isn't too confusing! I'll try & explain.

My friends & I are staying at Sequoia Lodge in 'Montana' rooms in September. There are three of them, two adults, one child aged seven. I am in a room on my own.

However, my friends heard about the "Golden Forest" rooms & asked me to call to see how much it would be to upgrade. Which is where things stopped making sense!

For my friends, for three of them the upgrade price totals £408. But for me, on my own, the upgrade is £410!!! It is more expensive for one person than for three! The advisor explained that this includes half board which makes even less sense to me, as they are in effect getting an extra three meals per day between them but myself only one.

The advisor was admittedly as baffled as I am, but she double checked & confirmed that it was right, but couldn't offer any explanation as to why. She was lovely & explained all the extra benefits the upgrade brings but I said there was no way I could justify paying more to upgrade for myself as a solo than for three people.

Sorry if this seems a bit of a rant, but this honestly makes absolutely no sense to me. As a frequent solo traveller I'm used to being hit with a supplement, but I've never come across a situation where the supplement was more than for an entire group!

Anyone ever come across this before, or have any explanation?

This is indeed confusing. I believe your friends and you have not benefitted from the same offer, as I believe a DP package always include park tickets, and a package with park tickets for 3 guests should always be more expensive than a package for 1 guest.

Would you be able to detail us the rate that your friends and you have used to book your offer, so that we might be able to help you better find out what happens here?

Maybe ask for a price for 2 in each room, obviously your friends could all stay in their own room as there are enough beds. I would expect the upgrade to be the same for each room as that wouldn't include ticket prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter