Coronado Springs

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Coronado Springs is the only moderate I have not tried yet. I love the French Quarter, but did not care for either the Riverside or Caribbean Beach, as they were way too spread out for my taste. How is CS? Is it as spread out as the others? How many bus stops are there? Is it a long walk to get around this resort (to the main pool, main building, food court, etc.)?

CSR is larger than POFQ, same as POR and smaller than CBR.

CSR is a large resort that does not share services with other resorts and offers some deluxe amenities because it is a convention resort.

CSR has a salon, spa, and a gym that other moderates do not offer. CSR has full menu room service and offers an internal shuttle system provided by golf carts to assist in getting to and from the main building to the villages.

It is also the only mod to offer suites.

CSR is situated around a 15 acre lake and CBR is situated around a 45 acre lake.

CSR has terrific transportation. It does not share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 8 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks.

And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

fod6wm.jpg

fod75f.jpg

fod8n4.jpg

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

eaqyk9.jpg

o54511.jpg

c73cd4e144.jpg

Review from mousesavers.com!!

Coronado Springs is my Best Value choice in the Moderate category. It has several advantages compared with the other Moderate resorts. It is newer, so there has been less wear-and-tear on everything. Also, Coronado Springs is a convention hotel, so it has a few extra amenities not offered at the other Moderates, including a salon, a health club and a more upscale food court.

The theming is radically different in the three areas of Coronado Springs. You can request a specific area when booking but there is no guarantee you'll get your request.
  • The Spanish-style Casitas at Coronado Springs are very peaceful, with courtyards featuring tiled fountains. Casitas Buildings 1, 3 and 2 (in that order) are the closest to the restaurants and services. Casitas Building 4 contains the salon and health club, if those are important to you.
  • The Cabanas at Coronado Springs have a beachy Caribbean feeling. Cabanas Building 8A is very close to the feature pool, which may be a blessing (convenience) or a curse (noise, light). Cabanas Building 9B is closest to the marina and relatively convenient to the restaurants and services.
  • The Ranchos at Coronado Springs feel quiet and secluded -- some would say isolated -- and feature desert landscaping and pueblo-style architecture. They look closest to the main pool on a map, but in actuality they are separated from the rest of the property by a swamp, so it can be a fairly long walk from these buildings to the pool, and a very long walk to the restaurants.

You will :love: CSR. It is so beautiful. It is IMHO, the Deluxe of the Moderate resorts. Don't let the size scare you, they have big golf carts that go around all day and pick you up to take you to a bus stop or the Pepper Market. The Pool is so big, and the slide is great. If I were to go to a moderate again, it would be CSR hands down. :thumbsup2

I totally agree with the previous posters, CSR is wonderful. We stayed at all the moderates and we keep returning to our very favorite CSR!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I love CSR. However, if you felt that POR was too spread out, you will feel the same way about CSR. If having a wonderfully themed resort, fantastic dining, deluxe like amenities, and efficient transportation are outweighed because of an extra few minutes of a walk, then you should probably find another resort.

Here's another CSR question...there have been a lot of threads about this resort lately! :goodvibes

Has anyone ever received a comp upgrade from Standard view to any other view, or are there enough standard view rooms to go around so they don't have to do that? And is it worth paying the extra 20 bucks a night or whatever it costs for Water view?

Thanks AGAIN........ :wave:

Beth :stitch:

We were there a couple of weeks ago and booked a standard view. We ended up w/ a view of the wall in front of the stairway. The resort was booked solid, and we only paid for the standard view, so we didn't mind. Plus, we were never in the room anyway. Just a few steps outside our door we had a lovely view of the Casitas quiet pool. If we wanted a quiet place to sit with a lovely view, we went down the staircase and sat by the pool.

If I was to stay there, it would be as a solo. How is the lighting there at night? Is it well lit from the bus stops to the buildings? This was a major concern for me when I stayed at CBR, since the parking lot was dimly lit and you had to walk across it to get to the building from the bus stop.

Terk-1 said:
If I was to stay there, it would be as a solo. How is the lighting there at night? Is it well lit from the bus stops to the buildings? This was a major concern for me when I stayed at CBR, since the parking lot was dimly lit and you had to walk across it to get to the building from the bus stop.

It's very well lit. However, if you have concerns, I would recommend asking for Cassitas, Building 1. That way you are right next to the main building, restaurant and buses.

I was just there as a solo March 6 - March 13. I was Casitas building #2. The bus stop is at Casitas #4, so I ended up driving to the bus stop and back and had no problem walking to my room from the parking lot. The buildings and walkways were very well lit. I would suggest you take a look at Buzz2001's website, it is a great site and helped me decide to stay there....

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

maux :donald:

We enjoyed our stay at Coronado Springs. We were at the back of the resort so it was a 15 minute walk (or longer with a three year old) to refill our mugs or go to breakfast. We finally complained about a crying baby that was keeping us up all night and they moved us to a water-view room which was closer than our first room. The landscaping is gorgeous and the Mayan themed pool and playground were great. My son loved the playground with the huge Mayan head to play inside. We never had issues with the buses there considering the size of the resort. I would highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter