Coronado Springs or Animal Kingdom Lodge

• CS

• AKL

• neither because of commute

• doesn't matter, they're both good

Results are only viewable after voting.

brightfamily

Earning My Ears
Need advice about lodging. We are a party of 5 including 2 five year olds and the rest adults. We are going for our first, and possibly only, WDW trip.
With the special pricing right now, it looks like CS is about $300 cheaper for a week than AKL for 2 rooms with dining.
Which would you choose and how is the commute to the parks?
We are looking at 2 days at MK, 1 day at Epcot (since they're so little), 1 day at hollywood studios and 1 or 2 days at AK depending upon the flight scheduling.
We'll be going over Spring Break.
Thank you so much for your advice!

I would vote for AKL because IMO it is a one of a kind type experience and well worth the extra $300. CSR would be a great trip - but I think AKL would be a once in a a lifetime experience.:goodvibes (If it is your only trip to WDW). The dining options are excellent at AKL with Sanaa, Boma and Jiko. Have a great trip whatever you choose!

Stayed at both last year for the first time. There is nothing like Animal Kingdom Lodge. I did not like the food options at CR. Would I stay at CR again? YES!!! Both have their perks. I just loved sitting on my balcony watching the animals go by. I felt like I saw on safari. The buses are great at both. You really can't go wrong with either one. Sorry I could tell which one to pick. :confused3

We've never stayed at CSR, but we loved AKL. AKL is a little out of the way from everything, but we didn't think the buses were bad. The buses only service AKL and Kidani so there's no sharing with any other resort. It does take a little longer (maybe 5 extra minutes) to get to the parks, but it's not any worse, IMO, than from any other resort. I think the kids would love watching the animals in the savannas and I think the adults would enjoy the atmosphere/surroundings of the lodge. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

If the kids are fans of Animals at all I would say AKL, I think the theme of AKL is a little more kid friendly, but I am a firm believer that all disney resorts are great, it all depends on your own personal preferences but I would go with AKL.

If your children enjoy animals, that is an experience that will stay with them.

Both have their perks, but a deluxe is a deluxe, IMHO.

They will love anything you decide.

Yeah, so it turns out that CSR is way cheaper than AKL. The difference is about $1700. I am really not sure how I came up with my first total. :confused3
So, the only way to make them comparable would be to reduce our stay from a week to probably 5 days. (Darn expensive plane tickets!!0
That's a bad idea, right?
Do people get sick of long stays at WDW? :duck:
Ugghh, this is way too many decisions for me.
Thanks everyone for your advice!!

I would stay at AKL with kids because it is much more heavily themed than CSR.CSR feels very southwestern which us nice, but it doesn't feel as radically different from obe's day to day reality as AKL does.

Yeah, so it turns out that CSR is way cheaper than AKL. The difference is about $1700. I am really not sure how I came up with my first total. :confused3
So, the only way to make them comparable would be to reduce our stay from a week to probably 5 days. (Darn expensive plane tickets!!0

We go for 10 days or more, but we do visit the water parks and Disney quest multiple times. I have stayed at both. Neither one would be my choice for a long stay. If I had to pick it would be CSR. It's centrally located, and it has a much better pool. I could use the 1700 dollars for cab fare. There are lots of great restaurants at WDW. They're are just pain to get to using the bus system. I like the African food at AKL, but a couple nights of it would be enough for me.

No trip has ever been long enough for me at WDW......Never mind too long :goodvibes

I would go for the longer stay:thumbsup2

My DS loved the animals but got bored with AKL after a couple of days. I felt like the travel to parks was longer than any other resort we've stayed at. Also, because of the savannah, the things to do are limited at AKL.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I would much rather stay at CSR. With the meal plan, Pepper Market's breakfast and lunch buffet are a great QS deal!

My DS loved the pool and play area, and the bus travel to parks is as good as there is at WDW, IMO.

I certainly wouldn't shorten my vaca to stay at AKL!

I've stayed at CSR and believe it is a very good entry resort for those staying on-site for the first time (we did our first on-site stay here and loved it). It has a very nice ambiance (not as heavily themed as AKL but, nonetheless, has a very nice southwestern theme) without the heavier price commitment of a deluxe resort. It's also probably the most centrally located to all four parks and, in our experience, has relatively good bus service.

I've never stayed at AKL but would like to. To me, the biggest advantages of AKL over CSR are: (1) more exotic and enveloping theming; and (2) more and better on-site table service restaurant choices.

If and when I decide to stay at AKL, I'll likely do so as part of a split stay, so as to mitigate what I understand can be frusturating bus service to any park other than AK (in that regard, I'm thinking about doing a lodge-themed split between WL and AKL).

I've stayed at CSR and believe it is a very good entry resort for those staying on-site for the first time (we did our first on-site stay here and loved it). It has a very nice ambiance (not as heavily themed as AKL but, nonetheless, has a very nice southwestern theme) without the heavier price commitment of a deluxe resort. It's also probably the most centrally located to all four parks and, in our experience, has relatively good bus service.

I've never stayed at AKL but would like to. To me, the biggest advantages of AKL over CSR are: (1) more exotic and enveloping theming; and (2) more and better on-site table service restaurant choices.

If and when I decide to stay at AKL, I'll likely do so as part of a split stay, so as to mitigate what I understand can be frusturating bus service to any park other than AK (in that regard, I'm thinking about doing a lodge-themed split between WL and AKL).

We did just that! 4 at AKL and 5 at WL. I would do them in that order. We loved AKL for a couple of days, and took advantage of Boma and Jiko! :lovestruc

Then WL was great for the rest of the trip, with boats to some fun stops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter