Coronado springs resort review

ginerjenny

Mouseketeer
We just got back from Coronado springs Resort CSR and I thought I would give a small review on what I thought.

We stayed during October for 7 nights. The check in process was easy. We had done online check in. When we got there I asked if there were any cabanas or casitas open. We were told they were all full due to a convention. I would of requested in advance but we were going with family and had requested adjoining rooms. We were only allowed one request for online check in. Rancheros 7b was were we were placed.

We dropped our luggage off which we had to haul ourselves from the lobby to a luggage room We were gave a ticket and told to call when we got a text that our rooms were ready. We later got the text while we were at magic kingdom. We were told we had to call from our room. we could not call from the park since we had to be there. We had only stayed at wilderness lodge in the past and they just took our luggage to the room when it was ready. This was annoying since were were not going back to our room til late. Our photopass plus was in the luggage and I couldn't get it for our first day there.

Once we got back to the hotel we called and they said they would bring our luggage up. They said it would be about half an hour and it was about that much time. The kids fell asleep in their clothes. I guess we could of left the park after 3pm and got our luggage delivered but this is not something we want to do on our first park day.

The room itself was nice. It was clean and I was glad we upgraded to at least moderate for the queen size beds. the divider doors for the bathroom vanity area were a nice touch. Housekeeping did not seem to do as much at coronado as they did Wilderness lodge.. They basically did the minimum. made the bed, put some shampoo in the room and fresh towels. One day i went in the room and there were 10 towels thrown on the bed...clean. There were bottles of shampoo and lotion tied up in a trash bag on the vanity. that day our adjoining room didn't get any towels or toiletries? Were we supposed to share with the adjoining room or did housekeeping just leave in a hurry? I just didn't think that was very professional.
No towel animals at all except the one that was in the window when we got there. Not a big deal but it would of been nice for it to happen one night.

The buses were full most of the time. We were on bus stop 4. We had to stand most the time and then they pick up stop 1 on the way out. they pick up 2, 3, 4 and then 1. then they have a downtown bus that goes in a different order.. I want to say its opposite. or 1,2,3,4...not for sure.
I refilled my drink mug one time during the stay. It was just too far away from our room. they recommend taking the bus to stop 1 to refill your mug! that was just too much trouble. That was probably my biggest complaint during our stay was the difficulty in getting your mug filled late at night after the parks close. If it had been hotter I would of been more annoyed.

The size of this resort was just too large for me. I much preferred the size of wilderness lodge which is all i have to compare it to.

We didn't get to use the pool due to the temperature. I think due to hurricane sandy it was much cooler than usual. I never made it to the gift shop so I can't comment on that. We only had one quick service there of pizza and a burger to go and that was decent.

we had two small boxes delivered during our stay and the business center charges $3 per box and you pick it up yourself. Keep in mind they close at 7pm. Not sure if other resorts charge for this or not...but it was annoying to pay $6 when you had paid for shipping and they don't deliver it to your room.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at CSR more. I'm thinking they must handle luggage differently at the deluxe resort, because I've stayed at 3 of the moderates, and they never deliver luggage to your room until you are in your room. If Magical Express is handling it they will, but otherwise no deal. And even at the Contemporary they insisted that we be in our room and call down for our luggage. Maybe the Wilderness Lodge just does their own thing? :confused3 However, it is not a slight of the CMs at CSR, it is normal procedure for most resorts.

Something that would have helped if you had known is that you could get your mug refilled by the pool. You don't have to hike all the way to the main building.

Oh and as CSR is a convention resort it does charge for package delivery. I think there is one other resort that does, but it is not coming to mind.

I know none of this helps now. :( But if you decide to stay somewhere other than the Lodge again, it may help a bit for another trip.

We did use magical express the previous time. My problem was that the luggage service made it sound like they would take care of it as soon as we had a room assignment...we just had to call. They failed to tell us we had to be in the room.

We knew about the pool area having drink refills but I read it was only open from 11 to 5pm which are all hours we are in the parks.

Do you have to ask for housekeeping to clean the room? The last two times we stayed at Pop and housekeeping never came at all. I was just asking because we don't need our rooms cleaned and wasn't sure if they come in and do it for you without asking.

No, you shouldn't have to ask for housekeeping to come. They just come automatically. If you don't want them just put up to do not disturb sign. For me though thats part of being on vacation. You don't have to make your bed everyday!

Thanks for the review. Too bad about the luggage and I know exactly what you mean about being too far away from the main area. Been there!

Would you stay there again? Or would you try someplace different next trip?

Thanks again!

-FantasiaMagic pixisdust:wizard:

we checked in to Coronado on oct 25th, and my only request was to be on a 1st floor near the main building. (I did online check in and also called twice to remind them) When we got there , they had us in Casitas 5 (furthest away from the main building on the 3rd floor) I asked if we could be switched to a first floor and they went out of their way to find me a first floor in Casita 2 building, which was perfect, not too far from bus stop 2 (which was first to be picked up and dropped off. We loved the pepper market for breakfasts on the days we didnt plan on character meals. (we did Chef Mickey one day and tusker house another) but ate at pepper market the other 5 days and it was perfect and a great value for a counter service credit!!!!
Housekeeping were very accommodating with requests, for extra shampoo, shower gel, and extra towels, you just have to ask. I loved the grounds , it is a large property, although it was too cold for us to swim all week we had great park weather. I wish they would of done their campfire and movie time a little later so we could of made it to at least one night. I would definetly stay here again.

Do you have to ask for housekeeping to clean the room? The last two times we stayed at Pop and housekeeping never came at all. I was just asking because we don't need our rooms cleaned and wasn't sure if they come in and do it for you without asking.

They are at least supposed to make the bed, take away the dirty towels, and leave fresh ones. They only change the sheets on a daily basis if you request it. They only sweep the rug if there is an obvious need for it.

We stayed at POR in April u can totally see a difference between the weekday & weekend mouse keeping. During the week u can see they took care of details. I had left a brush on the vanity leaving in a rush they made a towel basket for it. We had a towel animal during the week but not on weekend days . And the vaccummed also.

We stayed at POR in April u can totally see a difference between the weekday & weekend mouse keeping. During the week u can see they took care of details. I had left a brush on the vanity leaving in a rush they made a towel basket for it. We had a towel animal during the week but not on weekend days . And the vaccummed also.

Part of that probably has to do with housekeeping having to turn over rooms on the weekend more than they do during the week. More labor intensive for them, so less time to do the extras like make towel animals.

We just got back from Coronado springs Resort CSR and I thought I would give a small review on what I thought.

We stayed during October for 7 nights. The check in process was easy. We had done online check in. When we got there I asked if there were any cabanas or casitas open. We were told they were all full due to a convention. I would of requested in advance but we were going with family and had requested adjoining rooms. We were only allowed one request for online check in. Rancheros 7b was were we were placed.

We dropped our luggage off which we had to haul ourselves from the lobby to a luggage room We were gave a ticket and told to call when we got a text that our rooms were ready. We later got the text while we were at magic kingdom. We were told we had to call from our room. we could not call from the park since we had to be there. We had only stayed at wilderness lodge in the past and they just took our luggage to the room when it was ready. This was annoying since were were not going back to our room til late. Our photopass plus was in the luggage and I couldn't get it for our first day there.

Once we got back to the hotel we called and they said they would bring our luggage up. They said it would be about half an hour and it was about that much time. The kids fell asleep in their clothes. I guess we could of left the park after 3pm and got our luggage delivered but this is not something we want to do on our first park day.

The room itself was nice. It was clean and I was glad we upgraded to at least moderate for the queen size beds. the divider doors for the bathroom vanity area were a nice touch. Housekeeping did not seem to do as much at coronado as they did Wilderness lodge.. They basically did the minimum. made the bed, put some shampoo in the room and fresh towels. One day i went in the room and there were 10 towels thrown on the bed...clean. There were bottles of shampoo and lotion tied up in a trash bag on the vanity. that day our adjoining room didn't get any towels or toiletries? Were we supposed to share with the adjoining room or did housekeeping just leave in a hurry? I just didn't think that was very professional.
No towel animals at all except the one that was in the window when we got there. Not a big deal but it would of been nice for it to happen one night.

The buses were full most of the time. We were on bus stop 4. We had to stand most the time and then they pick up stop 1 on the way out. they pick up 2, 3, 4 and then 1. then they have a downtown bus that goes in a different order.. I want to say its opposite. or 1,2,3,4...not for sure.
I refilled my drink mug one time during the stay. It was just too far away from our room. they recommend taking the bus to stop 1 to refill your mug! that was just too much trouble. That was probably my biggest complaint during our stay was the difficulty in getting your mug filled late at night after the parks close. If it had been hotter I would of been more annoyed.

The size of this resort was just too large for me. I much preferred the size of wilderness lodge which is all i have to compare it to.

We didn't get to use the pool due to the temperature. I think due to hurricane sandy it was much cooler than usual. I never made it to the gift shop so I can't comment on that. We only had one quick service there of pizza and a burger to go and that was decent.

we had two small boxes delivered during our stay and the business center charges $3 per box and you pick it up yourself. Keep in mind they close at 7pm. Not sure if other resorts charge for this or not...but it was annoying to pay $6 when you had paid for shipping and they don't deliver it to your room.

Thanks for the review! It's always hard to be far away from the lobby, I feel your pain there.

Our favorite resort for the ease of refilling your mug and easy transportation is staying at the Poly. I got a great discount (pin) on the room, so it was affordable. We were steps from the pool, transportation and the lobby. The rooms are huge and all come with a daybed.

For what it's worth, my friend stayed at Wilderness Lodge for a week, and the room was only cleaned 3 times, even though they called every day. They could prove it, and got a credit voucher for their next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter