Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so going to be a long year until next November for me!!! That is when I am booked to return to CSR. You guys have ruined me!!!:lmao: I may have to try to sneak a spring trip in now!!!! (I better start woking some extra shifts).
Help!! I'm going through withdrawal.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I guess I'll be hanging out here for the next year!!
Liz
Anyone going early May? November??:goodvibes

This is so going to be a long year until next November for me!!! That is when I am booked to return to CSR. You guys have ruined me!!!:lmao: I may have to try to sneak a spring trip in now!!!! (I better start woking some extra shifts).
Help!! I'm going through withdrawal.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I guess I'll be hanging out here for the next year!!
Liz
Anyone going early May? November??:goodvibes

Liz, I am more than happy to take the blame! ;)

We had planned our annual trip in September (with a split stay with AKL and Marco Island in between). However, we've had some serious financial setbacks and that trip has been but on the back burner indefinitely. We are hoping to go for four or five days in November to meet up with the Food Queen (Nicki of Mickey/Nicki) as we've never been there when the Christmas decorations are up. It all depends on how things go.

I wonder if I can sneak a spring trip in? I'd have to go it alone but I'd feel comfortable at CSR for that.. we'll see!!:rolleyes1

I was at CSR solo this past Sept 26th-Oct 4th. CSR is a wonderful resort for a solo traveler. I had a great first floor corner room in building 8A, just a few steps from the main pool and bus stop, and just a few minutes from the main building. I'm going back solo for the Flower Festival May 1st-9th. At the moment I'm booked at PORS. I am seriously considering canceling and going back to CSR however. I'm just afraid of getting stuck out in the Ranchos or on the top floor of building 2 with no elevator.

2 weeks or 14 days or uuummmmmmmm not sure how many hours till check in. party:
I can't wait, I am ready for my vacation.

:banana: :woohoo: :dance3::yay::dance3: :woohoo: :banana:

We'll be there the day before you. Hoping for Cabanas 8A or 9! I just love WDW at Christmas.

from a great stay at CSR. We got home from the airport just a few hours ago. We were a group of 10 in 4 rooms in Cabanas 8A - loved the location as it was very close to the Dig Site (although it was too chilly for us to be in the pool other than Tuesday!), close to Bus Stop 4 and a nice walk to El Centro.

We enjoyed the refurbished rooms (very nice!) and the queen sized beds (very comfy!). The resort was quiet and we encountered wonderful CM's and other employees (big shout out to "Painter Joe" for reminding us of why we love Disney -what a great guy!). From the bell services staff, to the front desk staff (with the exception of the manager on Tuesday who was of no help whatsoever when our luggage was MIA) everyone was friendly and helpful. Mousekeeping was great too!

No complaints and missing it already!

from a great stay at CSR. We got home from the airport just a few hours ago. We were a group of 10 in 4 rooms in Cabanas 8A - loved the location as it was very close to the Dig Site (although it was too chilly for us to be in the pool other than Tuesday!), close to Bus Stop 4 and a nice walk to El Centro.

We enjoyed the refurbished rooms (very nice!) and the queen sized beds (very comfy!). The resort was quiet and we encountered wonderful CM's and other employees (big shout out to "Painter Joe" for reminding us of why we love Disney -what a great guy!). From the bell services staff, to the front desk staff (with the exception of the manager on Tuesday who was of no help whatsoever when our luggage was MIA) everyone was friendly and helpful. Mousekeeping was great too!

Thanks, Amanda. Great review--so glad that you had an awesome time at the CSR and had friendly CM's!

Painter Joe gave me a ride to El Centro in the pouring rain on Wednesday! He's a godsend!!!!

I haven't been on the computer for days. I logged in to check my email and saw no email from the Dis with new replies to the CSR thread and I thoguht...what happened??? I should have known our own resident CSR expert had already taken care of a new thread for us! Thanks Kathy!!

I haven't been on the computer for days. I logged in to check my email and saw no email from the Dis with new replies to the CSR thread and I thoguht...what happened??? I should have known our own resident CSR expert had already taken care of a new thread for us! Thanks Kathy!!

You are so welcome. I asked them to "lock" the old CSR thread, but they've not done so yet (they may all be away for the holidays...I'll remind them next week). And I'm glad you found us. :cool1:

You are so welcome. I asked them to "lock" the old CSR thread, but they've not done so yet (they may all be away for the holidays...I'll remind them next week). And I'm glad you found us. :cool1:

I am so glad I found you all too!! :goodvibes We are still hopefully on for WDW at CSR the end of January!! The trip is about 70/30%. Which is better than the 50/50% last time I checked with DH. :cool1:

KatMark and all who would know, is there a place for the over the door organizer at CSR? I also have the organizer that hands on a hander closet type, which one works there? TIA:thumbsup2

KatMark and all who would know, is there a place for the over the door organizer at CSR? I also have the organizer that hands on a hander closet type, which one works there? TIA:thumbsup2

I'm pretty sure it won't work on the sliding doors as there is no space between the ceiling and the door. I'm sure you could hang it on the clothes rack in the bathroom area where there is a shelf above the place to hang clothes.

Hey CSR lovers!

I'll be at CSR for the first time in June on an incentive trip I earned and I have some questions.

1. Which quiet pool is the largest?

I know this sounds silly, but my kids are huge swimmers and the more space to play in the better.

2. If you are in one of the further buildings...say Casitas 5 or Ranchos 6A/B, how long would it take you to walk to El Centro at a moderate pace?

3. Given that we'd like to be close to a large quiet pool and reasonable distance from The Dig Site and El Centro, what location recommendations do you have for me.

Being near a bus stop is not important as I'll have a car. View is also not important.

Thanks.

Only 3 days to go! Faxed in our room request today. Hopefully we will get upgraded to a water view again like we did last time!

Hey CSR lovers!

I'll be at CSR for the first time in June on an incentive trip I earned and I have some questions.

1. Which quiet pool is the largest? I think the Casitas and the Ranchos are a little bigger than the Cabanas;

I know this sounds silly, but my kids are huge swimmers and the more space to play in the better.

2. If you are in one of the further buildings...say Casitas 5 or Ranchos 6A/B, how long would it take you to walk to El Centro at a moderate pace?
Castias 5 is our favorite building; for me it takes about five to six minutes to walk at a leisure pace to the main building and about eight minutes to the main pool from there at a leisure pace (I'm 50+ years old and love to walk)

3. Given that we'd like to be close to a large quiet pool and reasonable distance from The Dig Site and El Centro, what location recommendations do you have for me.

Being near a bus stop is not important as I'll have a car. View is also not important.

Thanks.

I would definitely recommend Castias 5...I really think this is about the midway point.

Can someone please let me know what the fax number is to send a room request? Also, what do you put on the fax?

Can someone please let me know what the fax number is to send a room request? Also, what do you put on the fax?

Fax number is: (407) 939-1001

I simply indicate that we are looking forward to our trip _______ through ______. I would be most grateful if at all possible to have a room located in __________.

I hope this helps.

We love, love, love it! When I made our reservation I put in a request for a corner room in Ranchos. We got the most beautiful location ever! We were in Ranchos 7B on the corner with 2 windows. One of the windows was facing the quiet pool (which is actually an upgrade since we didn't book a water view). It was just wonderful! It was very quiet back there and seemed like we had the pool to ourselves most of the time. Just like having your own patio and pool! It was pretty close to the main pool and bus stop 4 (3rd stop). I didn't find the walk to the main building to be bad at all either. We would definitely like to stay there again some day. My son even asked if we can request that exact room when we go back! He's already looking forward to another trip! Of course, I am too!

We stayed from 11/21 - 11/28 and had a wonderful time! We took the buses everywhere and never had to wait long. CSR seemed to be very central to most of the parks. Everything about our stay was great!

We love, love, love it! When I made our reservation I put in a request for a corner room in Ranchos. We got the most beautiful location ever! We were in Ranchos 7B on the corner with 2 windows. One of the windows was facing the quiet pool (which is actually an upgrade since we didn't book a water view). It was just wonderful! It was very quiet back there and seemed like we had the pool to ourselves most of the time. Just like having your own patio and pool! It was pretty close to the main pool and bus stop 3. I didn't find the walk to the main building to be bad at all either. We would definitely like to stay there again some day. My son even asked if we can request that exact room when we go back! He's already looking forward to another trip! Of course, I am too!

We stayed from 11/21 - 11/28 and had a wonderful time! We took the buses everywhere and never had to wait long. CSR seemed to be very central to most of the parks. Everything about our stay was great!

Thanks for the the report/review. So glad you enjoyed your stay at the CSR! We are definitely going to request the Ranchos the next time we go as it is the only area we've not stayed at in our eight previous stays.

I'm glad you had a great trip and hope you had a great Thanksgiving as well. Thanks again for taking the time to report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter