Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for being patient...I am finally posting the pictures of how a rollaway bed fits into the rooms at CSR. We moved the desk down a bit on the wall so it butted right up against the credenza that holds the fridge and dresser drawers and that the flat panel TV sits upon. One pics shows it folded up and put away when not in use and the other is unfolded...we did have to move the two leather ottomans to alongside or between the two queen beds in order to make everything fit, which does create a bit of a bottleneck, but it didn't really matter once we were all settled in for the night :thumbsup2
(Sorry one of the photos is dark, my flash was misbehaving for some reason :confused3)

2.jpg

1.jpg

Hope this helps! And I will have to get back on soon to post lots more about our amazing stay at CSR and our fun in the parks :)

Okay, guys. I've posted the poll for the CSR Dis Meet. Here is a link to the poll: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2520262

I'm sorry I couldn't spread the options out more, but with Mark and I only being there for four days, trying to find a time was a little difficult. Hopefully we can get a good group.

Also, one other thing. We are on Page 184 of this thread. Once we reach 250 pages, the thread has to be closed and a new one started. I don't think we'll reach 250 pages before I go, but I also don't want to reach 250 pages while I'm gone and not able to make a new one. So, if anyone doing reviews after a trip could do a separate thread, I would be most appreciative. I could do an "updated" thread before I go, but I really want to get some new pictures while I'm there and check into a few things before I do it.

Thanks for all of your support.

Kathy (and Mark)

I voted! Thank you for organizing this! :goodvibes

Also, one other thing. We are on Page 184 of this thread. Once we reach 250 pages, the thread has to be closed and a new one started.

Why does the thread get closed at 250 pages? I'm sure I have seen other threads that are much longer.

We just got back from CSR. The rooms and the resort is beautiful. Gotta love those queen sized beds. We had requested a room in Casitas, but got Ranchos 6B. The CM at check-in did notice our request and was willing to check to see if we could change. I declined only because our room was ready and didn't want to chance moving and getting a room that wasn't ready. We ended being close to both a quiet pool and the Dig Site.

We had an issue with Mousekeeping, they only left us 2 washclothes every day. I even left a note on the 2nd morning and still was only left 2. I called and they sent up plenty to last us the trip.

DH was not too keen on the food choices (liked CBR better). I wish the snack bar at the Dig Site was opened earlier and stayed open later. It was quite a trek to refill our mugs.

That is one of my only gripes about CSR is that Siestas open so late and doesn't stay open later. I do have to disagree with your DH though...I hated the food court at CBR; one time we went at 1 in the afternoon and they only had two stations open. I'm glad that you found CSR beautiful.

Well we have just returned from 2 lovely weeks at Coronado Springs!!

FAB, FAB, FAB!!

Only one thing I would complain about was that it was full of tourgroups/soccer school kids and they caused the odd nightmare bus journey or noisey night running about from hotel room to hotel room!

We were in Cabanas 8B - hadn't requested anything. Room was nice and clean and MaryAnn the Mousekeeper was fabulous - did crazy things with my son's toys every day and was just so friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

We found the location fine, 2 mins walk from bus stop 4 and 5 mins (at a 2 year old pace) from the centre so all good. DS loved watching the Alligator in the water whilst Mum and Dad had a Margarita of an evening so all good!!

We found the food good - didn't go to Maya Grill - DS is better at eating somewhere noisier and less formal lol but despite my reservations about Pepper Market we loved it. There were a couple of times that we mis-timed it and the lines were a bit frustrating but only a couple.

In a lot of ways CS reminded my of POR which is a bit weird since they are very differently themed - maybe just the Disneyness of it - lol!

We didn't spend much time at the pools - on morning at the Dig Site and one morning at one of the quiet pools but both lovely.

Would recommend it though - lovely break though it went far too quickly!!

mo x

Thanks, Mo. I'm so glad that you reported back and that you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. And so glad you enjoyed the Pepper Market. Glad you had a great vacation.

Thanks for being patient...I am finally posting the pictures of how a rollaway bed fits into the rooms at CSR. We moved the desk down a bit on the wall so it butted right up against the credenza that holds the fridge and dresser drawers and that the flat panel TV sits upon. One pics shows it folded up and put away when not in use and the other is unfolded...we did have to move the two leather ottomans to alongside or between the two queen beds in order to make everything fit, which does create a bit of a bottleneck, but it didn't really matter once we were all settled in for the night :thumbsup2
(Sorry one of the photos is dark, my flash was misbehaving for some reason :confused3)

2.jpg

1.jpg

Hope this helps! And I will have to get back on soon to post lots more about our amazing stay at CSR and our fun in the parks :)

Thanks for the pictures (may I use them when I update the thread?). Can't wait to hear more.

I voted! Thank you for organizing this! :goodvibes

My pleasure; although I wish I hadn't done it last night as I was tired and made two mistakes -- one I closed the poll too early and the other I didn't put the date for the Germany one (which should be Sunday, September 20).

Why does the thread get closed at 250 pages? I'm sure I have seen other threads that are much longer.

Nope, all threads get closed when they reach 250 pages. It's not a big deal because I can do a lot of copying and pasting. But I really want to add some fresh pictures this next time around.

People have said how far it is from the farther away Ranchos to El Centro. How long does it take to walk from the Ranchos to El Centro?

People have said how far it is from the farther away Ranchos to El Centro. How long does it take to walk from the Ranchos to El Centro?

I would guess it took me between 5 and 8 minutes (I never actually timed it). According to my pedometer, around trip from our room in 6B (6511) was about 3300 steps.

I would guess it took me between 5 and 8 minutes (I never actually timed it). According to my pedometer, around trip from our room in 6B (6511) was about 3300 steps.

Did you walk via the Casitas buildings or the other way? I'm curious as we've requested Ranchos this time around (it would be our first stay in the Ranchos). And my estimate of 12 minutes was a little off. :eek:

It took us around 5-7 minutes. Not bad at all. We went with my aunt who was having hip problems and walking was slow for her. She did fine by the way and never minded any of the walks around the resort. We enjoyed Ranchos, loved the quiet pool and it wasn't nearly as desert feeling as I thought it would be.

We were in 7B in Ranchos, so walked to El Centro via the Cabanas side of the resort and then over the little bridge.

Did you walk via the Casitas buildings or the other way? I'm curious as we've requested Ranchos this time around (it would be our first stay in the Ranchos). And my estimate of 12 minutes was a little off. :eek:

I went the other way and I did walk at a brisk pace. It may have been closer to 8 minutes than 5.

Ok, we did it. Added another 2 days to our stay at CSR and make our final payment tomorrow! :cool1:

Anyone who has been there recently happen to notice the hours at the quiet pools? I found on another site that it was 11, but the main pool at midnight. However I swear I remember the Poly and Allstar quiet pools being open later then the main pool, so I was curious if this is correct or not?

Anyone who has been there recently happen to notice the hours at the quiet pools? I found on another site that it was 11, but the main pool at midnight. However I swear I remember the Poly and Allstar quiet pools being open later then the main pool, so I was curious if this is correct or not?

When we were there last September, the quiet pools closed at 9 p.m. However, my DH was told if he was quiet, he could stay in the pool (and Grumpy does not make a lot of noise). The main pool is definitely open until 11 or midnight.

We will be arriving in 13 days. My DH has injured his ankle and is on crutches. The doctor said that he could start putting weight on the foot in 12 days, but since we are going to WDW he will probably still need the crutches. Is there any particular area that would be better to request so DH can move around a little easier? I was thinking either the Casitas or Cabanas since we will be eating at the food court for breakfast before going to the parks. We will probably go to the pool one day for DS to play. I'm just worried about how big the resort works and DH limping around. Thanks for any advice!

When we were there last September, the quiet pools closed at 9 p.m. However, my DH was told if he was quiet, he could stay in the pool (and Grumpy does not make a lot of noise). The main pool is definitely open until 11 or midnight.

Thanks for info! Maybe DH and I can sneak away leaving our DD with her grandparents and have a little quiet time in the pool! I agree with the being quiet thing, I'm sure no one would care as long as you weren't bothering anyone, but by listing hours, atleast they have a way to enforce things if someone was being loud!

I wonder if the main pool is open later since it seems to be further away from the rooms?:confused3

We will be arriving in 13 days. My DH has injured his ankle and is on crutches. The doctor said that he could start putting weight on the foot in 12 days, but since we are going to WDW he will probably still need the crutches. Is there any particular area that would be better to request so DH can move around a little easier? I was thinking either the Casitas or Cabanas since we will be eating at the food court for breakfast before going to the parks. We will probably go to the pool one day for DS to play. I'm just worried about how big the resort works and DH limping around. Thanks for any advice!

Casitas 1 is right by the main buildling and Casitas 2 is not too far (Cabanas 9B too). If it won't bother hubby, you could ask at the desk if they have a wheelchair you can use while at the resort (just explain the situation to them).

Thanks for info! Maybe DH and I can sneak away leaving our DD with her grandparents and have a little quiet time in the pool! I agree with the being quiet thing, I'm sure no one would care as long as you weren't bothering anyone, but by listing hours, atleast they have a way to enforce things if someone was being loud!

I wonder if the main pool is open later since it seems to be further away from the rooms?:confused3

I think you are probably right about the main pool...it's not by any rooms so the noise wouldn't be an issue. I know DH and I have been in the hot tub at midnight.

Hi guys!
Just saw the post about the meet. I would love to join in! We will be arriving on Sunday early so I voted for the sunday afternoon option. Hope to see you guys in September!

If I spent as much working as I do on these boards and planning I'd be filthy rich :rotfl2:

Just wondering what kind of lock is on the in-room safe? Is it the card swipe ones or key codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter