Coronado Springs or Port Orleans French Quarter

Billmel

DIS Veteran
Just found out last night after having to cancel a trip to Pennsylvania because of work issues (which was 3 weeks away :headache:), that we can swing Disney in September for 9 days :goodvibes. So the choices are a little slim for free dining and hotels. My DH liked the look of both Coronado and Port Orleans but he is leaning more towards Coronado...king beds are available there, and the extra room would be great. DH had double knee replacement beginning of this year and the added space would be great. We would be renting a scooter while there. Does anyone have any imput or advice in choosing the best resort? The only rooms available at Port Orleans are the royal rooms 2 queens. We have never stayed at either so we are basically basing our choice on pictures....THANKS!!!!

Having double knee replacement I would think FQ would be preferable as it is much more compact.

Because it is the smaller resort, I would recommend Port Orleans French Quarter. There are king bed rooms at POFQ.

The Royal Rooms you mentioned are located at Port Orleans Riverside. The two "Port Orleans" resorts are adjacent to each other and considered "sister" resorts. However, they are treated as separate resorts in the booking system...be sure you are checking availability at POFQ and not POR.

Personally, I prefer Coronado over POFQ. I don't like the theming of POFQ nor do I like the compactness (it just seems so squeezed together). However, since you'll be using a scooter you might find POFQ easier since there's only one bus stop and although it shares buses with POR, the buses stop first at POFQ.

I think the walkways are wider at CSR which makes using the scooter easier, I would think.

CSR.......! Without a scooter for sure. With a scooter , even better.... People hate the size of the resort but its really not that bad at all IMHO. From the grounds to the awesome bus service to the nicest main pool , tothe pepper market. Rooms are gorgeous as well. Just an FYI, the pool over at POFQ is definitely on the kiddish side. Something u may not enjoy.

I love both resorts, so I say you can't go wrong with either one!! If I had to choose. I'd go with CSR since your DH will have a scooter, without one I'd suggest POFQ. Have fun!!! :)

We've been to both. POFQ is our fave moderate. Other than the pool at CSR, we really didn't care for the resort at all. It's a hike to get anywhere (and we're both runners - just don't want to have such a long haul to fill our mugs or go to the pool with our kids.) The Pepper Market was very chaotic and confusing (not to mention that even though it's quick service, you have to tip.) We were also there during a convention and it just made it seem very un-Disneylike. We just love POFQ. It's so small and quiet. It's also 1st pick up and drop off (before POR) for the buses. We liked the food court and we really liked the ferry boats to DTD. The pool is small but nice. POFQ gets our vote!

You are saying your choice is CSR or the Royal Rooms at PO but that is Riverside not French Quarter. So if you are looking at Royal Rooms, now you need to look at POR pictures, not POFQ. We stayed in the Royals last year and they are beautiful and well located. POFQ is the sister resort next door but it has no TS so if on DDP it means you have no TS options there.

CSR is our favorite moderate resort. Rooms are beautiful, resort is stunning especially at night and being on the DDP there is great because the Pepper Market food is much better than most food courts but more pricey - DDP pays that for you.

Having double knee replacement I would think FQ would be preferable as it is much more compact.

DITTO! :thumbsup2 with that said, CSR is also a lovely resort and the TS is quite good. If you opt for CSR, I would absolutely, definitely pay for a preferred room.

We've been to both. POFQ is our fave moderate. Other than the pool at CSR, we really didn't care for the resort at all. It's a hike to get anywhere (and we're both runners - just don't want to have such a long haul to fill our mugs or go to the pool with our kids.) The Pepper Market was very chaotic and confusing (not to mention that even though it's quick service, you have to tip.) We were also there during a convention and it just made it seem very un-Disneylike. We just love POFQ. It's so small and quiet. It's also 1st pick up and drop off (before POR) for the buses. We liked the food court and we really liked the ferry boats to DTD. The pool is small but nice. POFQ gets our vote!

We just stayed at POFQ and stayed at CSR last year and agree 100% with this post...we prefer POFQ. CSR is lovely but if you are at the far end of the resort it is way too far for us and we are both walkers/runners too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter