CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzz2001, thanks for all the great info and pictures.
10.gif

Do you have anymore information about room rehabs this year?

Hi Buzz and fellow Dis'ers,

I have a reservation at CSR and have requested the Casitas section, but the more I read in these threads it seems like Casitas is all Suites. Is this true? Is there any chance that I will get a room there? Also, is it worth it to ask the CM about getting a particular section as we will be getting there by 11:30am from the airport?

Thanks for all your help! We can't wait for our trip!

Hi Buzz and fellow Dis'ers,

I have a reservation at CSR and have requested the Casitas section, but the more I read in these threads it seems like Casitas is all Suites. Is this true? Is there any chance that I will get a room there? Also, is it worth it to ask the CM about getting a particular section as we will be getting there by 11:30am from the airport?

Thanks for all your help! We can't wait for our trip!

The Casitas are NOT all suites. We have stayed in Casitas 1, 3, 4 and 5 (most frequently 4 or 5).

I always note my preference when I make the reservation; fax them a couple of days ahead of arrival and then remind them when I check in that I would like Casitas. I've gotten it every time (and we arrived around 11:30 a.m. last September).

I haven't really been interested in CSR because I thought maybe it was too convention/adult type resort. We have a 7 yr old DS(will be 8 on next trip). But this thread is really nice. I love the photos. We like to be near a bus stop and a quiet courtyard area(we don't mind walking any of the resorts we stay at). We like to explore on our way to the food court areas. So any bldg. suggestions?

The Casitas are NOT all suites. We have stayed in Casitas 1, 3, 4 and 5 (most frequently 4 or 5).

I always note my preference when I make the reservation; fax them a couple of days ahead of arrival and then remind them when I check in that I would like Casitas. I've gotten it every time (and we arrived around 11:30 a.m. last September).

Do you usually book a Standard room? That's what we have....We just really don't want to stay in Ranchos, Casitas or Cabanas would be fine because of the proximity to the Pepper Market and registration area.

Thanks for your help!

Do you usually book a Standard room? That's what we have....We just really don't want to stay in Ranchos, Casitas or Cabanas would be fine because of the proximity to the Pepper Market and registration area.

Thanks for your help!

We have normally asked for standard view five out of the six times. However, four of those five times we were upgraded to a water view. We like Casitas 4 and 5 the best because it is near the quiet pool and the spa (I get a massage every time we go).

wwe recently were in casitas 3. it is right next to the quiet pool, and there are NO parking lot views. either lagoon or courtyard. we lucked out with a 3rd floor lagoon view... GORGEOUS.. 3 steps away from looking over the quiet pool. bldgs 1,2 and 3 are all connected, so you can wander and view the courtyards at night (all lit up), and actually get to the food court, etc, under cover (in case it is raining). it is a hike to the main pool but, oh well!
even if you are not in casitas, walk around at night. from the 3rd floor, the view of the enclosed atrium (I call it the rotunda) is great! have fun!!!!!

Thanks for the help! Casitas 3 sounds really nice....We've seen pictures of the courtyards and they look so nice...That's what I'm going to request!

Thanks everyone!

I am considering switching from PC to here for our trip in Aug. I have shown my boys the pictures & they want to stay & try out the slide at the pool lol Anyway I am planning on placing an order with Garden Grocer(we will be there 9 nights & not doing the DP this time)& was wondering if anyone has done this here?

Also do you take a internal bus to the front & then take another bus to get to the parks? Not sure if I was reading that correctly.

Buzz thank you for all the great info & pictures!

I am considering switching from PC to here for our trip in Aug. I have shown my boys the pictures & they want to stay & try out the slide at the pool lol Anyway I am planning on placing an order with Garden Grocer(we will be there 9 nights & not doing the DP this time)& was wondering if anyone has done this here?

Also do you take a internal bus to the front & then take another bus to get to the parks? Not sure if I was reading that correctly.

Buzz thank you for all the great info & pictures!
I've never used GG but I've read about other guests that have without issue.

You do not have to transfer, the bus you get on will go to the park. The park buses and the DtD buses make stops at all four stops.

Thank you for the quick response & for making this clear for me!

I've never used GG but I've read about other guests that have without issue.

You do not have to transfer, the bus you get on will go to the park. The park buses and the DtD buses make stops at all four stops.

Thanks so much for putting this thread together! I am going to CSR for the first time in September 2008 and am glued to this thread! I love seeing ALL the details before we go. It just confirms that I made the right choice for my vacation. Thanks again!

Kathy

Thanks so much for putting this thread together! I am going to CSR for the first time in September 2008 and am glued to this thread! I love seeing ALL the details before we go. It just confirms that I made the right choice for my vacation. Thanks again!

Kathy

We hope you love it as much as we do. We are staying there for the 7th time this year. We'll also be there in September (Sept. 1-9) for our 25th anniversary. :cool1:

I'm making the ultimate sacrifice and allowing DBF to choose this resort instead of my favorite POFQ for our Dec 08 trip. He needs a fitness center, so this is my only moderate option to fulfill his need. He's never been to WDW, so he has no idea what he's in store for. ;) The one stipulation I have is it must be a room with a king bed on the top floor in the Cabanas section, with a view of the sandy beach area. I'd settle for a lake view in Casita 4. The Ranchos is out, neither of us like the desert.

I would like some info on Rix. Has anyone been? Is there a cover charge and is it crowded?

Can anyone confirm if the 10% gratuity at the Pepper Market is covered by the 2008 Dining Plan. I'll be returning to CSR in September on the bounceback program with free dining and thought I read on another site that the 10% tip was included on the dining program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter