• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coral World

LisaTxUsa

Are we there yet !?
I've heard that you don't get to spend much time (an hour and a half) at Coral World if you book the shore excursion. Is it better to get a taxi to take you to Coral World so you can spend as much time there as you want, and if so, is it easy to get a taxi?

I've never done the shore excursions before and am a little concerned that I might wind up some place I don't want to be or not be able to get back in time if I don't book the shore excursion through Disney.

We rented a car and spent 3 hours or so at Coral World and then drove over to Magen's Bay. Different activities are scheduled throughout the day at Coral World such Shark feeding/petting and other demonstrations. Check out their website, they may have a schedule posted and you can plan your visit around the activities that you want to see the most. Car rental companies are located right by the ship, just a short walk.

We felt this was the best way to see Coral World and still get to get in some beach time. Just be careful when driving! It was a little strange driving on the left side of the road.

I think I am going to have to pass on renting a car .. my son likes to joke that I take the *scenic route* wherever we go (meaning, I am navigationally challenged and get lost easily!). I don't think I want to stress out over renting a car and fearing I'll get lost. I'm not real adventurous when it comes to stuff like that ! I think we'll just take the tour!

Thanks again!

We caught a taxi to Coral World and had a great time. There are taxis lined up at the port and also several waiting at Coral World. The driver asked us if we wanted to stop at any beach areas or would like a tour of the island. In my opinion if you don't want to rent a car, by all means use a taxi. I heard a few people at Coral World who were disappointed with their limited time due to the excursion.

Thanks for the website for Coral World. There's a coupon for a few bucks off the adult and child tickets. I am assuming if you don't book your excursion through Disney you can use these coupons.

Hi Lisa I am on the cruise as you and I plan on heading to Coral world and Cokie beach as soon as we get off the ship . In NOv I was there on a RCI ship taxi's were waiting I went over to St Johns on my own .I want to head there 1st and get some time in before the ship tours all arrive . I have also read they have lockers there so I can take my camcorder film then lock it up while I swim and snorkle . I think we won't have any problems to get there and get back to ship .This is my fifth cruise and rarely take ship tours . See you soon. !!! Doreen

The cost for the taxi to Coral World/Coki Beach is $7.00 per person each way. My 11DS thought the taxi ride was the highlight of the trip...better than a roller coaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter