Coral World Sea Lion Swim - St Thomas

dthogue

DIS Veteran
I would love to do this on our upcoming cruise but I don't see that DCL offers it as an excursion. Has anyone done this on their own? Any advice or tips on doing this on my own? I assume we can just a get a taxi at the port? Would you suggest or not doing this?

Someone just asked this exact question two days ago. Did it in 2009. Highly recommend. Easy to do on your own!

I would love to do this on our upcoming cruise but I don't see that DCL offers it as an excursion. Has anyone done this on their own? Any advice or tips on doing this on my own? I assume we can just a get a taxi at the port? Would you suggest or not doing this?
We are considering doing this very same thing. It gets great reviews on Trip Advisor. I don't know why Disney doesn't have it as a port adventure, because they have several other excursions that go to Coral World. Here is a thread I found - it's from 2009 so a bit dated but regardless: https://www.disboards.com/threads/coral-world.2089977/#post-30276514

Standards for care and quality of facility are widely varied for both dolphins and seals/sea lions. Pinnipeds typically do better in captivity/display environments than dolphins, but there may be concerns about the environment at Coral World. When Coral World got approval for a dolphinarium, I know a number of concerns were expressed about pool size and water quality. The water quality issues would apply as strongly to pinnipeds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter