Coral breakdown?

skiandrun

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know the time breakdowns for the different corals for the marathon? I tried to figure it out on the rundisney website but could not.

If you're talking about when corrals go off, we were in H this year. Crossed the start line just before 6am.

I think they were just a few minuets apart. I was assigned to K but joined my friend in coral in M. Cannot recall when we crossed the start but it did move fast.

Was it 3 minuets per coral????

I think they were just a few minuets apart. I was assigned to K but joined my friend in coral in M. Cannot recall when we crossed the start but it did move fast.

Was it 3 minuets per coral????

I think the earlier corrals went off pretty quickly because they had fewer people in them. The further back they got, the more time they had between starts.

Are the people in A,B,C running 5 and 6 minute miles? (do those people even run Disney races?)

How far back are people who are walking/running?

To be honest I have seen walk/run people in the earlier corrals. We were in H and running about an 11 minute mile. I was passing plenty of people who were walking in the first couple miles.

Are the people in A,B,C running 5 and 6 minute miles? (do those people even run Disney races?) How far back are people who are walking/running?
Of course "those people" run Disney races. They're not some separate cult. They're runners just like the rest of us. They just happen to be faster, just like there are some people that happen to be slower.

I run/jog/walk whatever a half marathon in about 2 and 1/2 hours. I was assigned to coral K.
My friend does it in about the same amount of time but she did not submit a proof of time (just a guesstimate on her part based on past races and why she didn't submit those races as proof is anyones guess).
She was assigned coral M.

The corals went down to P I believe. Many faster runners ended up in P because they did not submit proof of time. Some people were posting bribes and stuff on here to get an earlier spot last year! Because once assigned, you cannot change it.

So you can sort of guess (from this years race anyway and it might change again next year) that a 2 1/2 half marathon is coral K.

I was assigned to corral E and I ran about a 9:00/mile. I had submitted proof of time being just under 2 hours.

But just because someone is in a earlier corral doesn't mean s/he will be running a fast pace. The Dopey challenge definitely change that. Dopey runners could submit proof and get into an earlier placing, but they may not even intend to run the whole thing.

I was assigned to corral E and I ran about a 9:00/mile. I had submitted proof of time being just under 2 hours.

But just because someone is in a earlier corral doesn't mean s/he will be running a fast pace. The Dopey challenge definitely change that. Dopey runners could submit proof and get into an earlier placing, but they may not even intend to run the whole thing.

I think they take that into account. If you are running a half in 2 hours and someone else can run a half in that same time but is participating in the Dopey challenge then I think they are assigned a coral below just because it is assumed they will not run it their normal speed.

Are the people in A,B,C running 5 and 6 minute miles? (do those people even run Disney races?) How far back are people who are walking/running?

I was in C at the Marathon and I can assure you that the pace wasn't near that! I would think many of the C corral runners were finishing just under 4 hrs. To answer your question, There are relatively few "front pack" runners at Disney races, as compared to non-Disney races. Some elites, but overall the races are geared for a different mix.

I was in C at the Marathon and I can assure you that the pace wasn't near that! I would think many of the C corral runners were finishing just under 4 hrs. To answer your question, There are relatively few "front pack" runners at Disney races, as compared to non-Disney races. Some elites, but overall the races are geared for a different mix.

This is what I was wondering - it seems like most people are there to have fun with Disney, not so much run an elite, sub-elite race.

I think they take that into account. If you are running a half in 2 hours and someone else can run a half in that same time but is participating in the Dopey challenge then I think they are assigned a coral below just because it is assumed they will not run it their normal speed.

I would like to know if runDisney factors that in for Dopey corral placements. Just curious.

Don't the elite runners have their own corral? I thought that elites started first then A, B, C, etc

I would like to know if runDisney factors that in for Dopey corral placements. Just curious.

Don't the elite runners have their own corral? I thought that elites started first then A, B, C, etc

If I recall, last year on this site people were questioning why they were in a lower coral than someone else who had provided a similar finish time. It was decided that whomever assigned corals had taken the Dopey challenge into consideration. If you did the Dopey you were NOT likely to finish the race in your p.r.

So I think they put you down a coral or two if you are running the Dopey challenge because they assume that you will not be running a half or full your best time.. since you are running them back to back. So the half you will probably slow up a bit to prep for the full.

I was assigned to K this January. I did the Dopey and run a half in about two and a half hours.

I don't know about elite runners. I know there is a coral A for FAST runners. I have never been close enough to A to get a glimpse...outside of watching them on the big screen tv outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter