Cooler Questions

Corryn

DIS Veteran
Hello,
Some Cooler Questions:
#1 Do A Lot of people bring coolers on board with beer, wine, etc?

#2 Are you allowed to Roll Your Cooler around on board, into the clubs and bars, or do you have to run down to your cabin whenever you want a brew?

#3 Can you purchase beer/wine coolers before noon in Florida?

Any other comments concerning coolers are appreciated!
I'm trying to convince my husband to bring our collapsable cooler so that we won't wind up with $600 worth of beer/ wine charges on our credit card!

Thanks!

Hi there,

You can bring your cooler onboard, and they appreciate that you do, instead of checking it...

I have never seen anyone wheeling it around the ship throughout the cruise though... We do bring, and make sure they are cans, and then we usually get a bucket filled with ice, and leave this with us at the pool. I guess you could wheel it around, maybe I just never noticed anyone with it....

We did our purchases of wine and beer before noon on a Saturday... I am not sure if Sunday's laws are different in Florida..

I think a lot of people bring their own... We do, and by the last day purchase a few... :goodvibes

Thank you for replying :sunny:
Has anyone else seen people rolling coolers while on board?

You've said that you brought your beer to the pool....Can you bring it into the lounges/clubs at night?

Also, are bottles allowed, or only cans?

Thanks again :earseek:

We just got back and brought our rolling cooler on board. We filled it with diet pepsi and beer (cans) and bottled water. We kept it on our balcony and our stateroom host kept it filled with ice for us. We enjoyed the convenience of having a drink in our stateroom without running out for it. That's why we brought it. We picked up a 12 pack of beer in St. Thomas to replenish and had no problem bringing it on the ship.

Honestly, I couldn't imagine rolling a cooler around on board to the pool and into the bars etc. on a day to day basis. No disrespect intended, but for us, that would seem kinda tacky. When we were at the pool we purchased our drinks from the bar and although we didn't really go into the clubs (just too busy with other things) we purchased our liquor at dinner and in the Cove Cafe etc. I'm sure bringing some booze on board, cut our bar bill somewhat but our goal was just the convenience of having it in our stateroom. Besides, while DH is the beer drinker, I'm loving those fru fru drinks while I'm by the pool and the place to get those was the bar!

Good luck and have fun!
Jenn

:teeth: Bottles are allowed, as their corona is sold that way... I think other domestic beer is sold in the small plastic bottle. Much safer this way...

Would agree with Jenn on the fact of the cooler being a tad tacky... Would not judge others, just judging myself.. :teeth:

Disney certainly has no qualms about you bringing it onboard...so :crazy:

I bring a "carry on" piece of luggage with about 2 cases of my favorite brew. The fridge in cat. 6's hold about 14. As i empty the carry on it is perfect for bringing back the souvineers that are breakable in the regular luggage......also film that has been taken MUST come back on carry on. The domestic is mostly in cans and 16oz. plastic bottles. I found that no matter where we were on the ship I was a simple elevator ride away from the cabin and a cold beer.........No glass bottles are allowed at CC and around the pools........

I thought I read that only coolers for medical purposes were allowed on board. I would love to bring one. Did you take it on the plane? How? Do you check it just like regular luggage?

Get a "fold down" cooler if you must. A small plastic that holds about 8 cans is more than I ever need......

We just stopped at Publix on the way to the port and picked up 3 fridge packs of Diet Soda and Iced Tea in cans and a case of water bottles. We carried the cases of soda, just bungied to the top of our luggage. As soon as we got up to the luggage handlers, they stuck a room number on the case of water and took that with the luggage and we hand carried the soda to our room ourselves. If I had an extra bag, I could have easily popped the soda into it and rolled it on board. If I had known previously that Diet Sprite was offered on boad now, I could have skipped one case of soda.

The documents do state that only coolers for medical reasons are allowed onboard but they still allow you to bring it. Ours was most definitely a softsided cooler (I don't think they allow hardsided ones). We had to take it through the Xray machine. They asked me what was in it, and I started to say pop, water and she interupted me and said, beer, whiskey and vodka? I laughed and said well, yes something like that. She was laughing too. It's obvious that they don't have a problem with this. The other poster is correct in that the empty cooler was perfect in packing our breakable soveniers in on ou return trip. What a lifesaver coming back! didn't have to buy another piece of luggage!

Jenn

:crazy: Do they have soft sided coolers with wheels? Can you bring it on the plane as a carry on or do you check it? :crazy: Sounds like we all might need to attend an AA meeting afterward. :Pinkbounc

Yes, we have a collapsable soft sided cooler with wheels :)
we purchased ours from Costco

oneeyedguy said:
:crazy: Do they have soft sided coolers with wheels? Can you bring it on the plane as a carry on or do you check it? :crazy: Sounds like we all might need to attend an AA meeting afterward. :Pinkbounc

:banana: :banana: :banana: :rotfl:

THis is cute.....I probably can count on one hand the amount of alcoholic drinks I have in a year.... However...when on the cruise..Look out...No seriously, we usualy travel with a group of family members, and friends, and we have a good time....

I would not bring it on the plane....So many drinks under pressure...OOh could equal disaster..I would advise to check this bag... :crazy:

Good question. I was wondering about drinks at the pool too! Thanks for letting us know about packing an ice bucket to the pool area. The last time my DH and I cruised on RCCL, we ordered beer from the bar and you could order it 6 at a time and they packed it in an ice bucket for you that was overflowing with ice. We called it our "adult" snow-cone!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

oneeyedguy said:

Yes, they are on sale right now at Sam's for $25.

I wouldn't think you could take a cooler into one of the clubs? None of the clubs here where we live would let you bring a rolling cooler into the clubs. :rotfl2: Sorry, but the thought just cracks me up.

We will have two young kids with us so we won't be pounding drinks on this cruise :rotfl: I guess I'm kind of surprised to hear that there will be so many people drinking heavily on the cruise? I like a glass of wine or maybe a drink by the pool but I doubt we will have the need to roll a cooler with us everywhere we go on the ship. Maybe I'm just in a really silly mood today but that visual just cracks me up. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: I, too, have cracked up at the visuals from this thread! We plan on bringing a moderate stash of water, wine, and mixers...but the person who stumbles from one are of the ship to the next, wheeling his/her stash CRACKS ME UP! :rotfl2:

And it's already been noted....HOW TACKY! pirate:

I hope DISNEY doesn't read this thread (and others) and all of the sudden ban alcohol from being brought on ship! That would be terrible! pirate:

We were planning on buying a bottle of liquor once we got on board and into Intl waters to mix drinks on our own during the cruise, but I read somewhere last night that if you purchase liquor from the store onboard, they do not deliver it until the last night of your cruise.
Does anyone know if this is true? :confused3
If it is, would it be better to bring a bottle on the cruise with us, or buy some in the first port and bring it back on the ship? Would we have any problems doing that?

Fsudisney said:
We were planning on buying a bottle of liquor once we got on board and into Intl waters to mix drinks on our own during the cruise, but I read somewhere last night that if you purchase liquor from the store onboard, they do not deliver it until the last night of your cruise.
Does anyone know if this is true? :confused3
If it is, would it be better to bring a bottle on the cruise with us, or buy some in the first port and bring it back on the ship? Would we have any problems doing that?

If you purchase at a port, there is NO problem to bring it on the ship.

It most definitely is true... You would be better IMHO to purchase a bottle in the first port, or bringing one on with you.. We had Shirley make baskets with some in it.. Worked out really well.. No risk of breakage, or leaking... :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter