Cooking A Beef Roast!!!

disney_me

disney fan
Help! I'm having Christmas dinner tomarrow and need to know :confused3 how to cook a 12 lbs. beef round sirlon roast? Nothing like last minute :hourglass

We leave for Disney on the 21 of Dec. so I'm having family over for dinner.

Sad to say I have never cooked a roast before :rotfl2:

WDW TRIPS
10-04
02-05
12-05 soon :banana:
02-07 in the works :hourglass

cook for 6 minutes per lb at 500 degrees

i put onions with sugar and balsamic vinigar in the roasting tin and baste the roast with lots of red wine.....makes a lovely gravy

cami
x

Crock-pot, 10-12 hours. I sprinkle mine with salt and pepper, sometimes onion salt if I think of it. Instead of adding a cup or so of water use beef broth to enhance the flavor.

put lined aluminum foil into pans both directions and add the roast in the middle...one can of cream of mushroom soup and cup of water then pkg of onion soup mix and mix it together and pour over roast.....put the foil up to make a tent and cook for 3 or so hours......forget how much for that poundage...but the taste is excellent and sooooooo tender and the gravy is to die for...YUMMY

Turn oven up high for 15 minutes (440?) , then turn down to the same as for roast potatoes (350?) for the rest of the cooking time (15 mins per lb plus 15 mins), cover with foil after the 1st 15 mins and baste every 20 mins or so. Rub the top layer of fat with a mixture of flour and mustard powder.

Hi,

I've done roasts different ways. With a huge piece of meat like that, I htink I'd skip the crockpot. Too unpredictable as far as timing/food on the table.goes.

Pumba's recipe is tried and true and . whatever method you use, check your roast for doneness with a meat thermoeter.

herc.

I would like to thank everyone for the helpful tips. I am proud to say my roast came out great :earboy2: I cooked it on 450 for about 30 mins. then turned the over down to 350. It cooked for about 4 hrs. (inside temp of 160) I coated the meat with a butter rub that had garlic, horseradish, salt and pepper. The roast was so moist!!

Again, Thank you!!

TRIPS TO WDW:
10-04
02-05
12-05 SOON :banana:
02-07 IN THE WORKS :hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!