Cookies from cake mixes! Also: BISCOTTI, BARS, CUPS & POPS

My grocery order subbed my dried mango (for (relatively) guilt-free snacking) for dried berries and cherries :headache: what version of these would best disguise from my family that there's healthy things in their cookies?:rolleyes1 I've got choc chips and fudge chips I could throw in.......

I've got some new cookie recipes coming. These are a bit more unusual than what we've already posted.

Also I'll be adding some other ways to use cake mix: a few breads and a cookie pizza and cookie pops. This gives you more variety to use up the cake mixes you have on hand. So everyone stay tuned! :surfweb:

Of course, anyone else who has some ideas & recipes, please post. It's holiday baking season again. Let's get this thread rocking again. :woohoo:

My grocery order subbed my dried mango (for (relatively) guilt-free snacking) for dried berries and cherries :headache: what version of these would best disguise from my family that there's healthy things in their cookies?:rolleyes1 I've got choc chips and fudge chips I could throw in.......

Ooooh! The dried berries and cherries actually sound good! The grocery story might have done you a favor. Try the spice mix for a fruitcake cookie. I posted a recipe several posts back. :goodvibes

Or a chocolate fudge mix, with the fudge chips & cherries. It would be like chocolate covered cherries.

Chocolate mango chip cookies sound great too. :thumbsup2

Soak the dried fruits in a little bit of warm water for about 10 minutes to rehydrate them, otherwise they may get too dried out while baking.

Thanks for the ideas:goodvibes and I can't wait to see your next recipes!!:woohoo:

ETA I used devils food cake mix, the berries and cherries (soaked in apple juice for about an hour), fudge pieces and some left-over dark chocolate chunks. OMG these are awesome and sooooo cholatey! I'm taking them into work tomorrow to stop me OD'ing on them :rotfl:

Anyone have an easy recipe for scones? Any chance using box cake, bread for muffin mixes for scones?

Anyone have an easy recipe for scones? Any chance using box cake, bread for muffin mixes for scones?

I actually found this recipe a couple weeks ago when I was looking for more unusual recipes to post. :thumbsup2 It uses carrot cake mix for scones. The reviews say it's pretty good, although not a traditional scone.

It's off the Betty Crocker website:

Carrot Scones

fb911722-34fc-4b5d-a23e-b04a93671138.jpg

2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 box carrot cake mix
1/3 cup half-and-half
1 egg
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup cream cheese frosting (optional)

1. Heat oven to 400°F (375°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet). Grease cookie sheet, or spray with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, cut cream cheese into dry cake mix, using fork, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in half-and-half, egg, walnuts and raisins until soft dough forms. Knead 6 times on well-floured surface.
3. Divide dough in half; shape each half into a ball. Press dough into 3/4-inch-thick circle (about 6 1/2 inches in diameter). Cut each into 6 wedges with lightly floured knife. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
4. Bake 17 to 23 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. In microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on Medium (50%) 15 seconds. Drizzle frosting over scones. Serve warm. Store covered at room temperature.

Other recipes I found use Bisquick, instead of cake mixes, as it is more for traditional biscuits. I think the cake mixes may be too sweet for scones. Scones also tend to be a bit drier and denser than cake.

Here's some really easy recipes:

Do NOT overmix the scone dough. Just mix till the dough is just mixed together, or they turn into heavy hockey pucks. :headache:

Chocolate Chip Scones

cc79b8a7-500f-463f-a479-da12732ace20.jpg

2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Additional whipping (heavy) cream

# Heat oven to 425°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or grease with shortening. Stir Bisquick mix, chocolate chips, 1/3 cup whipping cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, the egg and vanilla in medium bowl until soft dough forms.
# Pat into 8-inch circle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers in Bisquick mix). Brush circle with additional whipping cream. Cut into circles or into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
# Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown; carefully separate. Serve warm.

Apricot Scones

50b4bd48-dd98-4749-86f3-13eec28c9849.jpg

1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
3 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk

# Heat oven to 425ºF. Grease cookie sheet. Mix Bisquick, apricots, 3 tablespoons sugar, the whipping cream and egg until soft dough forms. Turn dough onto surface dusted with Bisquick; roll in Bisquick to coat. Shape into ball; knead 10 times.
# Pat dough into 8-inch circle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers into Bisquick). Brush dough with milk. Cut into circles or into 8 wedges but do not separate.
# Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown; carefully separate wedges. Serve warm.

Cherry (or Cranberry) Chocolate Chip Scones

4def107f-d2dc-4df4-aa92-8fc6ada7e061.jpg

1/3 cup finely chopped dried cherries (or Craisins dried cranberries)
1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 egg
About 1 tablespoon milk

# Heat oven to 425°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cherries, chocolate chips, granulated sugar, whipping cream and egg until soft dough forms.
# Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into ball; knead 10 times. Pat dough into 8-inch circle on cookie sheet. Brush dough with milk. Cut into circles or into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
# Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown; carefully separate wedges. Serve warm.

Coconut, Pineapple and Macadamia Scones

1075efa6-f339-407d-bf75-5074ead1e718.jpg

2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup firm butter or margarine
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1 egg
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple, tidbits, well drained

1. Heat oven to 425ºF. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Stir together Bisquick mix and sugar in large bowl. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until crumbly. Stir in remaining ingredients.
2. Pat dough into 10x7-inch rectangle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers in Bisquick mix). Cut into circles or into 12 rectangles, but do not separate. Sprinkle with additional coconut if desired.
3. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown; carefully separate scones. Serve warm.

Scones are traditionally served with sweet clotted cream (aka Devonshire cream) :love: and fresh fruit preserves.

Here's a couple recipes that are close approximations of clotted cream:

Clotted Cream

Recipe courtesy Alton Brown's Foodnetwork TV show. Good Eats.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/clotted-cream-recipe/index.html

This one is so simple, but it takes a little advanced preparation as you have to wait for the cream to drip.

Ingredients

2 cups pasteurized (not ultra-pasteurized) cream

Directions:
Set a coffee filter basket, lined with a filter, in a strainer, over a bowl. Pour the cream almost to the top of the filter. Refrigerate for 2 hours. The whey will sink to the bottom passing through the filter leaving a ring of clotted cream. Scrape this down with a rubber spatula and repeat every couple of hours until the mass reaches the consistency of soft cream cheese.

Clotted Cream recipe 2:

Ingredients:

3 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 pinch salt
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and salt. Beat in cream until stiff peaks form. Chill until serving.

I have Indexed these recipes - adding a link right in the First Post, so people can find it easier by looking there, rather than trying to scroll through several pages to find it. Just look for "Scones recipes." :magnify:

Thanks Imzadi.....I'm not a carrot cake fan so I don't think I'll be trying those, but the ones with the Bisquick recipe seem easy enough. Thanks again!

Scones are pretty easy to make without mixes ;) Go to bbc.co.uk/food and search for scones Otherwise Bisquick is fine (NB adding sugar to scones is generally not necessary for plain scoes as you'll be adding jam, cream etc)

It is that time of year again.

Bring on some new recipes for this year. :thumbsup2

Scones are pretty easy to make without mixes ;) Go to bbc.co.uk/food and search for scones Otherwise Bisquick is fine (NB adding sugar to scones is generally not necessary for plain scones as you'll be adding jam, cream etc)

Really? I always read they are pretty hard to make. they either come out way to crumbly, as you spread on the clotted cream & jelly, or very heavy like hockey pucks - which was my experience. :(

Mazda, do you have a favorite easy recipe to share? :goodvibes

Here are some unusual cookies:

These are a favorite classic cookie around St. Louis, Missouri.

Gooey Butter cookie:

030cc3f5.jpg

1 box yellow cake mix.
1 8oz. stick of cream cheese (softened)
1 stick butter (softened)
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
powdered sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Soften the cream cheese and butter to room temperature, (makes mixing easier). In a bowl, empty the box of cake mix and add the cream cheese, butter, and egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended.

This mix is very sticky. Chill it in the fridge for a few hours. Once chilled, roll the dough into 1" balls or use a small ice cream/cookie scoop and place at least 1" apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for about 10-13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown. DO NOT over-bake. Take cookies out of the oven when they look underdone. Optional: while still hot sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Let stand on cookie sheets 1-2 minutes; remove to wire racks and cool completely.

You can leave out the egg and powdered sugar, and they still taste great. Without the egg, the cookies will have a bit more of the "gooey" consistency they are named for!

Some recipes say to drop the dough by spoonfuls into a small bowl of powdered sugar, then rolling into balls, before baking, made the process less messy.

Variations:
Apparently, you can take any flavor cake mix you want to make these gooey cookies, i.e.: chocolate mix with almond extract, lemon mix with lemon extract.

Some more interesting ideas are:
Try using a pineapple cake mix and chopping up maraschino cherries and adding to the batter. Roll in brown sugar. Bake. Pineapple upside down cookies. YUM!

Or: Using Red Velvet cake mix makes a beautiful Christmas red with the white snowy powdered sugar dusted on top.

Or: Rolled in colored sugar, or cocoa powder, or sprinkles (to make them a bit prettier) before baking.

Another variation:

Coconut Gooey Butter Cookies

1 box coconut cake mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon coconut extract
3/4 to 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Confectioners' sugar

Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in egg and coconut extract until well mixed. Add cake mix; beat until well combined. Stir in coconut. If dough is too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate 1-2 hours until easy to handle. Roll dough into 1- to 1 1/4-inch balls; roll balls in confectioners' sugar to coat well. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets; flatten slightly.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-13 minutes. DO NOT over-bake. Take cookies out of the oven when they look underdone.

-----------------------------------------------------

Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Chocolate Butter Cookies

1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Same directions as above.

-----------------------------------------------------

Another Gooey recipe!

Ooey Gooey Butter Pecan Bars

1 box butter pecan cake mix
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 sticks butter
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.

Mix cake mix, one stick butter (melted) and 1 egg. Press mixture onto the bottom of prepared pan. Set aside

In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, one stick butter (melted) and 2 eggs. Blend until smooth. Stir in pecans and pour over top of cake mixture.

Bake for 50 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.

Lemon Crisp Cookies

02387e10.jpg

Lemon cake mix is the base for these quick, tasty cookies with Rice Krispies providing a bit of chewiness.

1 box lemon cake mix
1 cup crisp Rice Krispies cereal
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl combine the cake mix, Rice Krispies and grated lemon peel. Add the butter and egg and mix well. The dough will be crumbly.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Halfway through baking, press down each cookie with a spatula to lightly to flatten them. finish baking. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes.

Variations:

Orange Crisp Cookies:

1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
2 teaspoons orange extract
1 cup crisp rice cereal
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional

For Chocolate Crisps use a box of chocolate cake mix. Leave out the lemon peel.

-------------------------------------------------------

Brownie Macaroon Cookies

1 box Pillsbury Thick 'n Fudgy
Chocolate Chunk Deluxe Brownie mix (or any brownie mix and add in some chocolate chunks or chips)
2 cups coconut
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 egg

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

In large bowl, combine brownie mix, coconut, water, oil and egg; beat 50 strokes with spoon. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheet; flatten slightly. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be soft). Remove from cookie sheets.

Yields about 24 cookies.

--------------------------------------------------------

Tropical Banana Cookies

1 (18.25 ounce) box (Duncan Hines) Banana Supreme Deluxe cake mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (2 medium bananas)
Pecan halves, if desired

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Drop from a teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. If desired, top each cookie with a pecan half. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet for about 1 minute, then remove to rack to finish cooling.

Scones can be quite crumbly - this is not a fault, just make sure your butter is soft! Also, if you tear your scone in half horizontally rather than cutting it then it will separat across a natural divide:thumbsup2

If you can make pastry you can make scones;) but I know some people are :scared1: of making pastry. Common problems with scones come from rolling out too thinly/heavily, adding too much liquid, or not measuring ingredients properly (I ALWAYS use scales for baking rather than cups - in the UK most people generally use scales for everything). If you have a "heavy" hand (i.e. your pastry is generally hard/heavy) try freezing the butter and grating the required amount into the flour so it rubs in quickly. Sour milk also adds lightness, but if your fridge is working OK so you don't have any you can add a couple of drops of lemon juice:rotfl:

This is Delia Smith's basic scone recipe (I leave out the sugar myself, but its up to you!)

8oz/225g self-raising (cake) flour
1 1/2 oz/40g butter or margerine at room temperature
1/4 pint/150ml milk
1 1/2 T sugar
Pinch of salt
little extra flour

Sift flour into a large bowl and add the butter, rubbing in with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Use a knife to stir in sugar and salt, then gradually stir in the milk -once it gets clumpy flour your hands and finish off, adding more milk if it is dry or more flour if it is sticky - you should end up with a smooth, soft dough.

Turn dough onto a floured surface and roll out to 3/4 inch/2cm thick (or thicker). Cut with a 1 1/2-2" (4-5cm) plain or fluted pastry cutter (do not twist or the scones go a funny shape!) and place on a greased baking(cookie) sheet. Knead scraps together, roll out and repeat - when you get to the last scraps just roughly shape them into a scone-shape (this is the cook's perk to try hot from the oven;) ) Lightly dust with a little extra flour, or brush with milk.

Bake near the top of a pre-heated oven (425F/220C) for 12-15 minutes for 12-15 mins until lightly golden. Place on a cooling rack and eat warm - scones do not keep very well, so best not to have any leftovers:rolleyes1 If you do have some left then reheat for 5 mins in a warm oven or a quick blast of microwave.

I hope this works OK for you!

Scones can be quite crumbly - this is not a fault, just make sure your butter is soft! Also, if you tear your scone in half horizontally rather than cutting it then it will separat across a natural divide:thumbsup2

If you can make pastry you can make scones;) but I know some people are :scared1: of making pastry. Common problems with scones come from rolling out too thinly/heavily, adding too much liquid, or not measuring ingredients properly (I ALWAYS use scales for baking rather than cups - in the UK most people generally use scales for everything). If you have a "heavy" hand (i.e. your pastry is generally hard/heavy) try freezing the butter and grating the required amount into the flour so it rubs in quickly. Sour milk also adds lightness, but if your fridge is working OK so you don't have any you can add a couple of drops of lemon juice:rotfl:

This is Delia Smith's basic scone recipe (I leave out the sugar myself, but its up to you!)

8oz/225g self-raising (cake) flour
1 1/2 oz/40g butter or margerine at room temperature
1/4 pint/150ml milk
1 1/2 T sugar
Pinch of salt
little extra flour

Mazda, thanks for all the scone tips, especially the one on freezing the butter and grating it. :thumbsup2 That recipe does look super easy. I think Bisquick is our version of sifted, self-rising flour. It already has the baking powder and other stuff in it. :)

Chai Spice Cookies

a8c092ec.jpg

These cookies are tender, filled with chai flavors, and have a little bit of crunch to boot.

If you like vanilla chai, try substituting a tablespoon of vanilla extract for the water to make Vanilla Chai Spice Cookies.

Ingredients
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 Tablespoon water
1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
1 (2 ounce or 1/3 cup) package slivered almonds

Instructions
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix the melted butter, water, half of the cake mix, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cardamom and mix until blended and smooth. Add the rest of the cake mix and beat until just combined.

3. Using a mini cookie scoop (or two teaspoons), drop dollops of dough onto the parchment about an inch-and-a-half apart. Sprinkle the tops with a few of the slivered almonds.

4. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until the edges look set and the top looks barely set when touched. Cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheets and transfer to cooling racks to finish cooling.

Makes about 40 cookies.

Recipe adapted from "Cake Mix Cookies" by Camilla V. Saulsbury. Picture by Laura Flowers.

-------------------------------------------------------

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

19727541.jpg

These cookies are more like tiny cakes with a dollop of fluffy peanut butter frosting on top. The frosting alone is worth making as a topping for other baked goods

(You can use a regular chocolate cake mix cookie. I've included this alternate recipe as it has a few extra ingredients that make it even richer.)

Chocolate Cookies
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup butter, softened to nearly melted
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix, any kind

1 recipe Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting, below
1 (12 ounce) bag Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, cut in half

Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

2. Place all the ingredients except the cake mix in a mixing bowl and beat well to combine. Add the cake mix and mix just until incorporated. Scoop with a cookie scoop 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.

Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until no longer wet looking. Rest on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes and then move to a cooling rack.

3. Once cool pipe with Peanut Butter Frosting, garnish top with half a peanut butter cup.

Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
This stuff is so good you might as well just skip the cookies and dig into the frosting.

3/4 cup Jiff Creamy Peanut Butter
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1/3 and up to 1/2 cup whole milk
½ teaspoon real vanilla extract
1 pound powdered sugar

Beat the ingredients together with a mixer starting with 1/3 cup milk. Mix well and add more milk if needed. Beat on high speed for 4 more minutes until fluffy.

Scoop into a plastic sandwich bag. Twist top of bag closed and push the frosting down to one corner. Snip off a tiny tip of the corner to pipe (squeeze) the frosting out in a swirl around the cookie. Top with half a peanut butter cup.

Makes about 52 cookies

------------------------------------------------------

Lemon Ricotta Cookies
"These puppies are deadly. They are so soft and so good. They were too easy to eat! They would be really good with some vanilla ice cream or lemon sherbet. If you like lemon, you will LOVE these little bites of heaven!"

cdae1d34.jpg

Ingredients
¼ cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
1 cup ricotta cheese (not non-fat)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon lemon extract
Zest of 1 lemon
1 (18.25 ounce) box lemon cake mix
Canned or homemade lemon frosting (optional), whipped well

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.

2. Mix together butter and ricotta until fluffy. Add egg, lemon extract, and lemon zest and beat until combined and fluffy. Add the cake mix and beat until combined.

3. With a mini scoop or spoon (for the drop cookies below,) or standard size cookie scoop or spoon drop dough onto cookie sheet two inches apart. Dunk scoop into a glass of hot water and shake well after every few scoops when the dough gets difficult to release.

4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.

5. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes and move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.

6. Optional: Once cool, whip frosting until fluffy and pipe a dollop on top of each cookie for
Lemon Ricotta Drop Cookies

90bb0380.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

Oatmeal Pecan Cookies

3edb6523.jpg

Ingredients
1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup extra light olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract
2 large eggs
2 cups quick oats
1 cup chopped pecans

Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. On a plate, cook pecans in the microwave for 1 ½ to 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until toasted. Set aside.

3. Mix together sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and coconut extract on medium speed for 2 minute. Add the eggs and beat for 1 more minute. Then add the oats and mix until combined. Mix in the cake mix and beat just until mixed, and then mix in the pecans.

4. With a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop the dough and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.

5. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown on the bottoms, very lightly brown on top and no longer wet looking. Cool on wire rack.

ALL recipes & pics in this post by Laura Flowers
http://www.thecookingphotographer.com

Caramel Macchiato Thumbprints

e0e66737.jpg

1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup of melted butter
2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder or granules
2 teaspoons vanilla

18 caramels (from 14-oz bag), unwrapped
2 tablespoons milk

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening or oil

1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, dissolve coffee powder in hot water. Stir in cookie mix, butter, vanilla and egg until very soft dough forms.

2. Chill dough for about 20 minutes to make it easier to shape. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets place balls 2 inches apart. Using thumb or cap from soda bottle, make indentation in center of each cookie.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. (Re-indent cookies right away.) Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.

4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and milk uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Spoon (about) 1/2 teaspoon caramel into indentation in each cookie. Cool 15 minutes.

5. In another small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening/oil uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into plastic sandwich bag. Cut small tip from 1 bottom corner. Squeeze bag gently to drizzle chocolate over cookies.

Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.

Makes 3 dozen cookies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter