Cookies from cake mixes! Also: BISCOTTI, BARS, CUPS & POPS

Just back from Publix and they have Cake Mix buy one get one free.

Off to the kitchen to make my cookies. :goodvibes

HERSEY said:
Lemon Bites
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com

1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
1 egg
4 ounces thawed Cool Whip
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg and cool whip, mixing to combine. Batter will be very stiff.

Drop by teaspoonful into confectioners' sugar. Roll into 1-inch balls, using sugar to keep dough from sticking to hands. Place balls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown on bottom.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Makes approximately 72 cookies.

I made this cookies a christmas they make a soft cookie that's great with coffee.

or go to http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cakemixcook/cakemixcook.html

I just finished these. Oh boy are they good.

I am baking away here....each box is making about 50 cookies....and they are yummy!

Thanks

:cool1: Adding a few more:

Use the butter flavor yellow cake mix or the chocolate cake mix for these. :flower:

Posted by ntink over on the Quick & Easy Christmas Treats thread.

"Peanut butter surprise cookies: with a mini pb cup inside.

I flattened a piece of dough then put a mini pb cup in the middle, covered it with the dough and rolled it into a ball. They flatten out during baking. I forgot to add that as soon as the cookies came out of the oven, we sprinkled them with chocolate shaving but you could sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or drizzle on melted chocolate."

Other Hidden Surprise Cookies:

Caramel Rollo cups
Andee's Mints
Chocolate mint wafers
White chocolate truffles

--------------------------------------------

Star Jelly Sandwich cookies:

pauladeencookie.jpg

Roll out yellow cake mix dough rather thin.
With Star cookie cutter, cut out 2 star shapes. Use a smaller star cutter or circle cutter (or bottle cap,) cut a hole in the center of one of the stars. Place a teaspoon of jam or strawberry preserves onto each cookie and spread out towards the points of the stars. Place the cutout star on top.

Bake 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden around the edges.
Dust with powdered sugar or dribbles of icing.

Variation: Use raspberry or apricot preserves or orange marmalade as filling.

There's probably lots of sandwich cookie variations we can come up with. :)
Maybe a chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips & jelly center...
Spice cake cookies with applesauce centers & cream cheese icing on top.

OR: You can bake & assemble them after baking.
If no star cookie cutter, just do round sandwich cookies.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thumbprint Cookies: :thumbsup2

7730B_l-1.jpg

Flatten a ball of dough, indent the center with your thumb & place preserves in the indent.

Optional: Make a simple glaze to drizzle on top.
(Or drizzle on melted (white) chocolate.) :)

Glaze Ingredients:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract (or vanilla or orange or mint extract)

Stir together all glaze ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.

:cool1:

oh my gosh sounds great thanks so much for sharing......

Yet another:

Duncan Hines Chewy fudge family pack brownie mix
1/2 c oil
2 large eggs
plus
1 cup nondairy dark chocolate chips from health food store
1 c coconut moist ,shredded
1 cup pecan choppped

These are yummy AND dairy free for my kids.

love all of this stuff...

Anyone else have any great dairy free recipes let me know...my nephew can not have dairy and my SIL could use some great recipes..thanks...

oh my my... I made the lemon ones last night and WOW!!!!! What a hit!!! Thank you so much for this thread!!!! :thumbsup2

VistaLeigh'smommy said:
oh my my... I made the lemon ones last night and WOW!!!!! What a hit!!! Thank you so much for this thread!!!! :thumbsup2

Those are the ones that I made and People were going nuts over them.

Does anyone have the recipe for the bar cookie made out of cake mix that is topped with marshmellows, dry roasted peanuts and I believe a mixture of karo syrup, peanut butter and rice krispies??

I had this recipe for years and lost it when I had a big open house last year.

Boy....I miss that recipe!!!

-Kim

sanilacjack said:
Does anyone have the recipe for the bar cookie made out of cake mix that is topped with marshmellows, dry roasted peanuts and I believe a mixture of karo syrup, peanut butter and rice krispies??

I had this recipe for years and lost it when I had a big open house last year.

Boy....I miss that recipe!!!

-Kim

Is this what you're looking for, Kim? I haven't tried this, but it sounds yummy.

Tammy

Pay Day Bars

1 yellow cake mix
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 egg
3 cups miniature marshmallows
2/3 cup white Karo syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup unsalted butter
12 ounces peanut butter chips
2 cups rice Krispies
2 cups blanched peanuts

Mix cake mix with 6 Tbsp. butter and egg. Pat in greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes. Take out of oven and pour marshmallows on top. Bake 2-4 minutes until melted. Over stove, cook Karo syrup, vanilla, butter and peanut butter chips until smooth and creamy. Stir in Rice Krispies and peanuts. Pour over top of marshmallows and cool. Cut into squares. Enjoy!

That sounds so good. I will have to try that one REAL soon. :thumbsup2

Snipped this from fellow member, mainewmn who posted this recipe on a thread searching for this Cake mix cookies thread.

mainewmn said:
One of the favorite cookies at home are what we call Yin and Yang cookies. Take white cake mix, and mix it with chocolate chips, take chocolate cake mix, and mix that with white chips. Drop on the cookie sheet ½ tsp of each touching one another. I got so many praises for that, if only people know how easy it is. But I’m not telling! :cool1:

TIP: BTW, if people just want to subscribe to this thread, they can click on the "Thread Tools" button near the top of the page & click on "Subscribe to this Thread." :thumbsup2

You have so many more mixes to choose from over there! Ours are "Supercook " (YUCK! Only useful to keep toddlers amused for 1/2 hour then they can't eat the results because of all the colourings :yay: ), Jane Asher (expensive) and...errr... that's it! We can sometimes get Betty Crocker, but not the full range.

What should I look for when I'm in Canada to bring home?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter