Continental Online Check in with Infant

ALBA

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys,

My family are travelling with Continental from Edinburgh via Newark to MCO.

They are travelling with an infant who doesn't have a seat and were wondering if they are able to check in online. I know you can't do it with Virgin Atlantic but we were unsure about Continental.

Thanks

Alba

SHould be ok if you have an e-ticket and are flying from an 'eligible airport' - although not sure which qualify?. From the Continental website:-
Who Is Eligible to Check In Online?

Your domestic or international reservation is eligible for check-in on continental.com provided you have an eTicket that meets the following requirements:
  • Departs from a U.S. airport or an eligible airport outside of the U.S.
  • The first flight in your itinerary is operated by Continental.
  • Your itinerary contains a total of four flight segments or less.
  • You are traveling with less than 10 persons in your party.
Reservations with any of the following characteristics are currently not eligible for check-in on continental.com:
  • Certain special service requests that require you to see a Continental representative at the airport.
  • Any paper ticketed reservations.
  • Travel to Australia.
We online checked in infant with BA so obviously all airlines are different!

I did have a look at that page on continental but it doesn't explain eligible airports.

The only thing that worries me is that the VA website doesn't say anywhere that you can't check in if you are travelling with an infant...but I know you can't.

Just wondered if anyone had first hand experience.

Thanks

Alba

Found this, so seems as though Edinburgh is eligible. Why don't you just give them a ring?

It may not be used for flights departing from the following cities: Dublin, Ireland (DUB); Grand Cayman Island (GCM) and Shannon, Ireland (SNN).

Thanks, didn't see that on their website...I think it will give them a ring just to check.

Alba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter