• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Continental AirFare

piglet33

DIS Veteran
I can't believe it. I just checked Continental's website for pricing for our January trip to see if it dropped again. While everyone else's fares are going down, Continental's are going up. It is now up to $686 roundtrip for my husband and I from New Airport to MCO. I originally paid $430 roundtrip, and last week, the price dropped to $416 so I called and got a credit for the difference (every little bit helps). Since it wasn't a large amount, they credited my credit card, which is better for me. I am so glad that I booked already. I know it is still early, but I like to get things done so I don't have to worry about them.

where is the new airport? are you talking aobut newark? fares are always high from there. but sales for jan haven't come out yet and won't for a while. you still have time.

Your not likely to see low fares on Continental from Newark because it is their eastern hub airport. Everyone from the eastern part of the US flying anywhere on Continental has to pass throught Newark (or Cleveland/Houston) so their flights to/from Newark will always have high ridership even if no-one from Newark buys a ticket on them. They don't have to lower prices to fill flights to and from Newark. The only time they will lower them is if the feel like matching another carriers sale fares.

i have to disagree with you on this one. There are sales for continental at newark, but i have noticed that continental changes their internet fares almost daily, so you have to log in everyday and search for your flight.

I got my trip to MCO in September for only $169.99 initially, but with daily monitoring, i got it lowered to only $109.99 . Thats a great fare no matter how you look at it. Just be persistent about it.

BTW one day when i logged in to continental.com the flight i'm on was only selling seats at the elite level where you can pick any seat in the coach cabin, including those reserved for elite flyer members. They were selling for over $500.00 a ticket! But the next day they were back down to $149.99.

I hope this helps, good luck!

And travel gurus, i hope you don't take offense, i am merely stating my own experiance in the hopes that it will help a fellow New Jersey DIS'er

hmm. thanks for the tip rhian, i'll have to check Continental's website more often for EWR discounts.

We never had luck getting tickets on Continental out of Newark. They were always more expensive than the other airlines.

The last 2 years we've flown out of LaGuardia on Delta with fares that are much cheaper than out of Newark. This year we paid $179 RT on a blackout day. Same day out of Newark was $279.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Don't worry rhiannonwales! I'm sure no one is going to take offense to any of the helpful information you've given. These boards are here for everyone to share their experiences. The more help we have, the better off we all are! :)

Another tip-buy the entertainment book (I think it costs $20) and there's a coupan for 5% off Continental from certain cities, including Newark. We paid in April (week before Easter) $214 round trip, including taxes. But I have heard of people getting last minute deals. So I do believe that Continental changes their rates suddenly but you probably have to be alittle flexible. For instance, after I made my reservations and only a few weeks before the trip, my mom and brother wanted to go. They paid for the same flights over $600 round trip. But that could have been cut in half if she took one flight earlier than me and cut more if she took even earlier flights. Good luck, Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter