Contemporary vs Boardwalk Inn

labordefam3

Mouseketeer
Our next trip will be September to celebrate our DD's 21st birthday. (Her choice of location):) We have talked it over and have decided that we either want to stay at the CR or BWI, but we can't decide which.

We've previously stayed at the CR, and loved the access to the monorail. We visited the BWI last year and really loved the proximity to EPCOT and HS. We just can't decide.

I am open to any and all suggestions!!

I took my DS to Disney for his 21st and we stayed in a 2bedroom at Boardwalk. I think it was the best choice for his age. His two favorite parks are DHS and EPCOT. We love being able to walk to each and we ended most nights by spending a few hours in the WS in EPCOT and then a quick 5 minute walk back to our room.

He also really enjoyed the entertainers on the boardwalk in the evenings.

We haven't stayed at either, but since you've already stayed at the CR, I would go with BWI this time. The boardwalk is great for nightly entertainment and you can't beat being within walking distance to both Epcot and DHS.

We've stayed at both and love both! I'd say with your daughter being 21, she may enjoy being able to walk to Epcot, and all the places along the boardwalk! You won't be disappointed with either...it's Disney after all! :) Have a magical trip!

We've stayed at both and love both! I'd say with your daughter being 21, she may enjoy being able to walk to Epcot, and all the places along the boardwalk! You won't be disappointed with either...it's Disney after all! :) Have a magical trip!

Agreed. I think a 21 year old would definitely enjoy easy access to EPCOT and DHS more than MK. If it was a young child we were discussing I might think differently.

I am a 23 year old and I LOVE the Boardwalk. I'll be heading there in about 3 weeks and it is seriously the perfect resort for the 20-somethings. I love the fact that you can walk or take a quick boat trip to either DHS or EPCOT. I definitely recommend the Boardwalk! :yay:

Thank you all so much for your input/advice. It sealed the deal for us, and we will be heading to BWI in September!!:yay:

Thank you all so much for your input/advice. It sealed the deal for us, and we will be heading to BWI in September!!:yay:

We've stayed at both and enjoy both for different reasons. So you would have made a great choice either way! Sounds like you're set, but I just wanted to mention how much we love a split stay. Half in the MK area and half in the Epcot area gives us the benefits of both. And even though we're a family of five, it's really not a big deal for us to zip up our suitcases and either take an early morning cab to our second resort or let Bell Services transfer for us.

We've stayed at both and enjoy both for different reasons. So you would have made a great choice either way! Sounds like you're set, but I just wanted to mention how much we love a split stay. Half in the MK area and half in the Epcot area gives us the benefits of both. And even though we're a family of five, it's really not a big deal for us to zip up our suitcases and either take an early morning cab to our second resort or let Bell Services transfer for us.

So funny that you sent this. Yesterday at about 1:30 my DD received a phone call from a local radio station that she had won the grand prize in a contest that she'd entered for a WDW vacation!!!! :dance3: It includes 3 nights in a deluxe resort (not sure which one yet). We were planning on staying for 6-7 nights so hoping we can add to it at the resort of our choice. We were jumping up and down :yay: and screaming in my office at work. (She had come to meet me for lunch.) We actually scared quite a few people. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter