Contemporary upgrade from Garden Wing to Tower MK View - worth it?

steph73

DIS Veteran
I'm so excited! We recently booked the Contemporary for a week in early June with our 40% off Pin code! Yay!! We've always wanted to stay there.

We booked a standard room in the Garden Wing, but we're now considering upgrading to the Tower, Magic Kingdom view. Is it really worth it? I'm sure the view is spectacular, but I'm not sure how often we'll be back in the room in time to see Wishes. It will be me, DH, and our three boys ages 15, 12 and 18 months.

Are the Garden rooms inconvenient? We have the dining plan too, so we'll be eating at Chef Mickey's, The Wave and probably the Contempo Cafe a few times. We also plan on using the monorail often. How long does it take to walk from the Garden wing to the Tower? And how long is the walkway to the MK?

And while we're at it - any special requests I should make?

Thanks in advance... we are just too excited about this trip! :banana:

All rooms are equally convenient. The difference is whether you think you will be spending a lot of time in your room or not. I know when we go, we are in our rooms very little and when we are, we are pooped and sleeping. If you have little ones who wont stay up late, maybe it would be worth it so you could see the fireworks while they are tucked in bed. With kids older, not so much.

Thats my opinion though.

Oh and Chef Mickey's is my favorite Character breakfast in a resort and second only to the Crystal Palace. Since you are on the monorail I would definitely consider making reservations at Crystal Palace within the hour before the park opens. We did that a few times last vacation and the park is empty, it's great for photos. We took pictures on Main Street and there were only like 2 other people in the entire shot between us and the castle. Try and get like 1/2 before park opening and get there 1 hour before park opening and spend some time taking pictures. It's nice to have some where there aren't slobs or people in indecent clothing/making funny faces in the background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter