Contemporary or Grand Floridian

Last time I was eating at the Contemp. (chef mickey's) I walked down the other end of the building and outside to check out the view. I looked liked the MG view but it is past the parking lot. Is this the best view that the contemp. has or is there a more straight on view of the castle?

Based upon what I saw, my first reaction would be to choose the GF garden view. However, if you are in the tower club at the contemp, you will have the limited concierge.

Hello MrsJ Henry - hope your surviving the cold here in Syracuse... have you ever been to the Spa at the GF - I want to treat my DD (15) and myself to an afternoon there - any suggestions...

Wendy - in Pennellville

Maggied-
no we haven't gone to GF spa ( sure would like to though)
Yes we are surviving the cold and snow but we sure are hating it!! :mad:

Depends on how easily you want to access the MK. With the CR, you can walk back to your room at the end of the night. With the GF, you are the last stop on the monorail.

I visited the GF in Oct., while staying at the CR. I really enjoyed the band set up in the lobby. Our view of Cinderellas Castle from the CR absolutely could not be beat.

Now that I have had the MK view, and been able to watch the castle change colors from my bed, I think that is the best experience in all of WDW. But I will stay other places next times, just for the new experiences.

We have enjoyed both resorts. But, I would choose the CR...for sure. It just has more to offer (more restaurants, shopping, and a FUN arcade), or at least does for us! :goodvibes

We also love the walk home, at night. It's a great path, very serene...well-lighted, and relaxing. To see the resort in front of you as you approach is a MAGICAL feeling. The lights in the trees, are special as well. We also prefer the MK view from the CR. The castle changing color as you gaze from your room/suite or even BED, is something to behold. :wizard: As kirkharrod posted, it's one of the BEST experiences in ALL of WDW!

It's the ONLY resort, where the monorail actually stops INSIDE the building! (Super-convenient, especially with strollers, etc.). Enjoy your planning, and have a GREAT time...no matter where you stay! ;)

Here is the view from the 14th floor of the CR. It speaks for itself, don't cha think... :cloud9:

61356CR2-med.JPG

CR holds very fond memories for me. It's the classic hotel there (well, also the Poly). I love CR.

Before last Oct., I would have said CR hands down. The I had a wonderful stay at the GF & it was more than I had hoped for. Now it's tied. I guess it depends on the type of trip your are going for & who your cast of characters is.

That said, I'm hoping to swing a few nights CR tower myself this summer, primarily because it's the next on my list of WDW experiences that I want to enjoy....

Hmmmm,while the Contemporary is one of the first things that pops in my mind when thinking of DW...I would have to say, given the chance to stay at GF with a view of the castle....the pure elegance of the hotel?? I'd go there,simply because for my family it would be the vacation of a lifetime...what's that saying .."When you wish upon a star"?....heard that somewhere. :cloud9:

I have not stayed at the Contemporary. I have stayed at the Grand Floridian several times along with other Deluxes. I would say the Grand Floridian is wonderful. In fact, I just cancelled my room at the Contemporary on the 14th floor concierge, because too many people (that I knew personally) and recent reviews I've read here have spoken about the terrible condition of the Contemporary rooms and hallways. Perhaps if your trip is scheduled after the refurbishing occurs, then you should consider the Contemporary. Also, I think it might depend on who is going on the trip. I think little boys, especially, and adults who grew up staying or wishing they could stay at the Contemporary would be happier there. But in terms of the hotel quality, aesthetics and amenities, I believe the GF has more to offer, even in a garden view room.

GRAND FLORIDIAN - hands down (even though I do like the Contemporary)

kirkharrod said:
Depends on how easily you want to access the MK. With the CR, you can walk back to your room at the end of the night. With the GF, you are the last stop on the monorail.
QUOTE]

Yes, but the best part of returning back from MK is going on the motor launch boats to the GF! This is my favorite form of transportation at WDW and they only go to Poly or GF.

GF is much, much more lovely and guest friendly than the Contemporary...so there is no comparison in my view...but GF is my favorite WDW resort, so that would ALWAYS be my choice. ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!