Contemporary CL or MK Tower View

PoohsFan1

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip to Disney next September and will be staying at BCV for a week (first time) :banana:. My two girls (8 and 6 at the time we leave) and my DH have always wanted to stay at CR so I thought I would surprise them a few days before we check in to BCV with a stay there (2 nights). I know that they would definately want the MK view in the tower, but my problem is do I spend the extra money and do CL MK view or just get a standard MK Tower room. I plan on spending more time at the resort and doing things like renting a pontoon boat, go shopping, eat, and just having a relaxing time before our stay at BCV where we will be spending a lot of our time in the parks, but of course plans could also change.

If anyone could help me out with this, I know it will be my fellow DISers....Thanks :goodvibes

I have a similar dilemma only for our short stay - trying to decide CL or std MK view - am I correct that CL MK is not a guaranteed view?

Anyway, as to your question, it would be fun to stay at CR - MK view would be great! We've stayed in an MK view room and it truly was a delight - only, remember you can also see the CR parking lot and convention center. It is not a pristine view....but Poly, GF and Seven Seas Lagoon in the distance is nice. :)

BUT since it's a short walk to MK, maybe that would be a great time to do MK? Oh my, how to be looking at it for a couple of days, but not go over? BC buses to Mk are such a pain, why not skip that long bus ride?

Whatever you decide it will be great fun! Enjoy and have a fabulpus trip! :)

To the best of my knowledge, CL MK view is a request, and not a guarantee. We have stayed at CR often, and have had both views. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to CL within the last year or so, and CL is very nice. The food is outstanding, and it's nice to be able to grab food right on your floor. The MK view is nice, but as the other person mentioned, you do see the parking lot as well. I would request that the room be as close to MK as possible, if you decide on MK view. When we stayed on CL, we were the very end room, closest to MK, and could see it easily when we opened our room door, but not from our room. I think whatever you decide on, you will not be disappointed. Have fun!!!:yay:

Actually starting in Janurary 2009 all Club Level rooms on the 12th floor can now be made with a Magic Kingdom View reservation, so no more having to request the view.

Thanks everyone for their responses and suggestions. It is really helping me with my decision. We have never stayed at CR, we have only just ate and shopped there. This is my DH and both my DDs favorite resort on Disney property...they love the decor, in the pictures, of the rooms and plus the monorail going through the resort is a big plus. I really want to make this vacation special (eventhough it will be special since we are going to Disney in the first place), but my DH does so much for our family throughout the year and really tries hard to make us all happy, that I want to return the favor with a few nights at his favorite Resort on grounds. Thanks everyone again for all of your help.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life--Thanks for the input about the CL 12th floor in 2009, when I was looking at Disney's website to get prices, I had noticed that one of my options was a CL MK View Tower, but since some posters said that it was a request not a guarantee, I was a little bummed/confused. Thanks for clearing the air because it really helped me to sway my decision.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life--Thanks for the input about the CL 12th floor in 2009, when I was looking at Disney's website to get prices, I had noticed that one of my options was a CL MK View Tower, but since some posters said that it was a request not a guarantee, I was a little bummed/confused. Thanks for clearing the air because it really helped me to sway my decision.
You're welcome and I was happy to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter