Construction noise at the Contemporary?

marsrunner

<font color=purple>Walk (don't run, it might be sl
So how bad is the construction noise at the Contemporary right now? We are planning to be there January 20th-27th, and I'm trying to decide between the Polynesian and the Contemporary. I would be reserving Tower Bay Lake view room. Is there construction inside the tower? How bad is the noise/unsightliness of the Bay Lake Tower DVC they are building? Would I be better off going Polynesian?
Thanks!
Either way, I can't wait to go!

By Janurary the construction noise on the 4th floor will be 100% completed because the Contempo Cafe is suppost to open sometime in the 1st week of November and looking at these pictures it's almost finished. http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php...sk=view&id=224&Itemid=65&limit=1&limitstart=1

As for the Bay Lake Tower construction that has no effect on your stay when it comes to noise and if looking at it might be a problem for you, then maybe you should get a Magic Kingdom View because from those rooms you can't see it. I also believe only a small number of rooms on the Bay Lake side might see the Bay Lake Tower, however I forget which side they would be on.

Thanks so much! I haven't stayed at the Contemporary in probably 20 years, but when I was younger we stayed there all the time. It was either that or the Polynesian back then, and no one really cared for the themeing. I'm taking my family for their first trip and wanted it to be special.
Unfortunately the Magic Kingdom view is not available while we are there, but Bay Lake is beautiful as well!
Related question: If I reserve online I don't see a way to make a specific room request. Is it good enough to call the Contemporary directly 3-10 days before we arrive to make a request for a room as high up as possible?

Thanks again!

You're welcome and I think when making a reservation online they have a box where you can write down any requests you want to make. However if there is not then I would suggest calling CRO and making your requests threw them. Finally the highest floor you can request is the 11th since the 12th & 14th floors are Club Level floors, which require a different reservation to stay up there.

I read the construction for the new waiting area for Chef Mickey's would be going on thru December?

We check-in Oct. 22nd. I am hoping the contempo cafe might open earlier? Any chance?

Those are my pics, and there was no real noise when I was there - and everything looks nearly done. I was really surprised, the last time I was there (a couple of weeks ago), it wasn't nearly as far along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter