Construction at Hard Rock

sp'smom

Earning My Ears
What is the status of construction at the Hard Rock Hotel? I have a standard room booked arriving 12/11/21

We are here now and it’s mostly on the outside facade and roof. Other than some unsightly scaffolding, the only thing that is inaccessible is the pathway from the pool to the walkway to citiwalk and the parks. (A ‘shortcut’) Guests need to use the paths to the boat/shuttle, etc. for the walkway. Other than that we don’t see any other construction.

We are here now and it’s mostly on the outside facade and roof. Other than some unsightly scaffolding, the only thing that is inaccessible is the pathway from the pool to the walkway to citiwalk and the parks. (A ‘shortcut’) Guests need to use the paths to the boat/shuttle, etc. for the walkway. Other than that we don’t see any other construction.
We stayed there Dec. 13 - 15 and the same situation existed - walkway from pool to City Walk/Parks was completely blocked off. We usually stay at Royal Pacific but decided to splurge this time for the great location and quick access to the parks (we were doing 2 weeks at Disney prior and knew our feet would be killing us by Universal time). It was a huge disappointment to us and a MUCH longer walk. It was frustrating so see we were only steps away from being in City Walk and right next to Universal but instead having to walk to the opposite side of the hotel, exit, then walk all the way around the hotel instead. If you don't care about walking and don't plan on burning your feet from open to close then "hobbling" to your room at the end of the day (like us lol) then aesthetically, no, the renovations didn't bother us. But because it was all about location for us we were very disappointed.

Is there a location to request that would avoid the long extra walk?

Got back recently and walk way is clear. Construction did not really bother us. We had a kids suite right next to it too. Just remember to keep the blinds closed because workers may be walking around. The kitchen being down did limit our food options but we like city walk so not an issue.

Yes, I wanted to confirm that's the restaurant that is allegedly down. Because I have reservations there in June!

Yes, I wanted to confirm that's the restaurant that is allegedly down. Because I have reservations there in June!
They have moved it to the ballroom and they are currently doing pop up BBQ for dinner and then their traditional breakfast buffet but we didn’t try either option. So you can still reserve but it is not the same. Not sure when it will come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter